F1 2017 Modding Requests Thread

Would an increased failure mod for this years game be possible? My honda engine didnt break a single time over a season! I'd do it myself, but I have no idea what variable to change, so if anyone does, let me know.

Would an increased failure mod for this years game be possible? My honda engine didnt break a single time over a season! I'd do it myself, but I have no idea what variable to change, so if anyone does, let me know.

Engine failures in this game are based on wear for the player and the engine will only blow completely when its pretty much 100 percent worn . You'll get issues before that like it being down on power but no complete blow out until its completely had it . Only the AI gets random mechanical failures . So I dont know if its really possible at all for anyone to make random failures for the player as its not coded into the game . You will lose gears at times with worn gearboxes and youll get the occasional random ' fault ' while in the garage but thats about it .

Edit - I suppose the only possible modding workaround for this would be if someone could make a script with a tiny random chance of fooling the game into thinking the engine is 100 percent worn so that it would then blow but I dont know if thats possible either . I highly doubt it .

Last edited:
Engine failures in this game are based on wear for the player and the engine will only blow completely when its pretty much 100 percent worn . You'll get issues before that like it being down on power but no complete blow out until its completely had it . Only the AI gets random mechanical failures . So I dont know if its really possible at all for anyone to make random failures for the player as its not coded into the game . You will lose gears at times with worn gearboxes and youll get the occasional random ' fault ' while in the garage but thats about it .

Edit - I suppose the only possible modding workaround for this would be if someone could make a script with a tiny random chance of fooling the game into thinking the engine is 100 percent worn so that it would then blow but I dont know if thats possible either . I highly doubt it .
I had a suspicion this was the case, since all the failures I've seen online have been from 90%+ worn parts. Too bad.

82bccebf7e8437375cd4c9ddd5baaf6c.jpg

Anyone know how to change or revert(to launch wear) the wear rate on the gearbox? I feel like they made them too resistant after the patch.

i think it would be easier for the modders if you posted more pictures of it along saying what you want with it, obviously you want someone to make it, but for who? yourself? Verstappen? Ricciardo? Yourself in another team? You have to make it easier for the modders to understand what you want, there shouldnt be possibilities to misunderstand. Just so you know for next time :)

Would anyone be willing to make me a Haas career helmet? The main colors I was hoping for would be black, grabber blue #2b6be4, and silver. If you could incorporate my driver number on the top of the helmet (50) that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Would anyone be willing to make me a Haas career helmet? The main colors I was hoping for would be black, grabber blue #2b6be4, and silver. If you could incorporate my driver number on the top of the helmet (50) that would be awesome!

Thanks!
I have my own helmet which has blue, red, black and white if I remember right. I can upload it if you want

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%