F1 2017 F1 2017 Career Trailer and Fresh Details Released

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Career Trailer Released.jpg

A brand new gameplay trailer for F1 2017 has been released, showcasing the expanded career mode coming with the latest official FIA Formula One World Championship title.

Building on what is already a very successful foundation laid down by F1 2016, the new official Formula One game looks set to take every element of the original title up another notch, in a bid to become the biggest and most complete Formula One game since the series handed over to Codemasters ahead of the 2010 racing season.

According to the blog post that released alongside the latest trailer, F1 2017 looks set to have almost 4 and a half times the number of Research and Development upgrades (115 in total) than the 2016 edition of the game, sitting alongside new features and practice procedures that can be experienced within the career mode.

Codemasters state that Research and Development consists of four different categories that you’ll able to upgrade, Powertrain, Chassis, Aerodynamics and Durability, though you can go with the ‘Recommended Upgrade’ if this is something that you don’t want to think about too much.

You’ll also need to manage the six key components which each make up a modern F1 power unit, as well as work to develop team skills such as pit stop times, Research and Development speed and new part reliability.

In addition to the newly expanded career mode and the return of classic content to the game, Silverstone, Bahrain, Circuit of the Americas and Suzuka will also have alternative short layouts available to drive, plus a night version of the historic Monaco Grand Prix layout.

Check out the most recent trailer below:

Speaking at the launch of the latest gameplay trailer, Creative Director Lee Mather had the following to say;

“The Career Mode was a big hit last year and we are building on those incredibly strong foundations to create an even deeper, more rounded experience for F1 2017. We have added female driver avatars, new paddock locations and a new character as well as greatly increasing the scope for developing your team and car. All of this, we feel, combined with the addition of the iconic classic cars this year, means that F1 2017 offers gamers the ultimate F1 experience yet.”

Missed the earlier gameplay trailers? Check them out below:
Because everyone loves a good trailer, right?

Oh and just in case you missed it, here are all the cars coming to the game as part of the 'Classic Content' in F1 2017:
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4-23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on August 25th.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Do you find an immersive career mode an essential ingredient for a racing game, or do you just prefer to hit the track and race? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'll add to that question by asking, does the AI still ram you off the road when they are DRSing past you? I hated that in the previous game. In fact it just happened to me yesterday. One movement, well in advance, left room. AI swerved too late and spun me off. Sure I was really slow (was running out of rubber), but I had the right to defend myself.
From the limited amount I've seen, they look better and there is a percent slider for the difficulty :D

Looks quite promising! F1 2016 was a solid and funny game but I didn't like AI performance during the weekend: race was far too easy than qualifying session.

Hope they improve the FFB too...

Sorry for the double. This has not happened to me in testing, but I have had limited interaction with A.I. on straights. It was a well known issue, though (the Nico Rosberg solution, from Codies, lol.) I have to practically get on the grass when being passed in a DRS zone. Oh, and now there is a slider for the A.I. strength (to 100 I think) so they are more nuanced. I run at 93% so I can avoid the 107% rule. lol.

AI strenght is to 110

Check. (But the engines still have no choice but to sound like crap).

Check. Pit limiter is mandatory button now, but the game still takes control after the line (even though you have to remember the button on exit) So, check sorta I guess. But the Assetto model is the gold standard.

I haven't touched an official F1 game in five years, probably even more. Codemasters has already dissapointed me this year with DiRT 4, but usually their F1 games have always had a more serious approach so I'll consider picking this one. I'll wait for the release and see the reviews though. Don't like the idea of buying a game that will become obsolete in 12 months so I hope is worth the 60 bucks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back