F1 2017 New 'Born to... Make History' F1 2017 Gameplay Trailer Released

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Trailer Reveal.jpg

Long running British development studio Codemasters have released a new gameplay trailer from the upcoming F1 2017 game, due to release in just under one month...

Marking the eighth officially licenced Formula One game from Codemasters, F1 2017 looks well set to be the most comprehensive and feature rich Formula One game since Codies took over the official licence at the start of 2010.

With a release less than one month away, Codemasters have put together a visually impressive minute and a half trailer for the new title, showcasing plenty of gameplay from the upcoming release:

The new trailer represents confirmation that F1 2017 will allow players the opportunity of running all the various classic content together on the same circuit, giving gamers the chance to enjoy all of the 12 historically significant cars in racing conditions against each other. Quite how satisfying it will be to drive cars of different generations together on track remains to be seen, however it is nice nonetheless to see Codemasters at least making an effort to add some value to the inclusion of these golden oldies.

Another different and slightly bizarre change for the game include the possibility to race Monaco in night time conditions (of which the real event has never done) and the addition of several 'short' circuit variations of the tracks that make up the 2017 Grand Prix season.

To remind those of you who may have forgotten, the list of classic content coming to F1 2017 can be seen below:
  • 1988 McLaren MP4/4
  • 1991 McLaren MP4/6
  • 1992 Williams FW14B
  • 1995 Ferrari 412 T2
  • 1996 Williams FW18
  • 1998 McLaren MP4-13
  • 2002 Ferrari F2002
  • 2004 Ferrari F2004
  • 2006 Renault R26
  • 2007 Ferrari F2007
  • 2008 McLaren MP4-23
  • 2010 Red Bull Racing RB6

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on August 25th.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

Enjoyed the new trailer? Looking forward to F1 2017? Let us know in the comments section below!

If the beta is any indication, the game has gone from SIMcade to SIM. Well, very close, at least. The sounds are much improved, as is the braking. They have worked on the physics very hard and did a good job, so I'm very happy. Too many positives to mention here, but now understeer is real and you can actually control the car in an oversteer+ moment with your feet (gas and brake equally) plus counter steer...always a good sign.

Too bad we can't have DiRT-like wildlife running across the track and the drones are fantastic! :roflmao:

Last edited:
I wish they would add the red colours to the Williams skin. I know there are restrictions because of the Martini sponsoring issue, however in real races they also only remove the Martini logos on the car but still use the red and blue template. Why can't Codemasters make that compromise, too? The simple blue and white Williams looks boring and takes away from the overall immersive experience. I had hoped they would have changed that this year...

19c1a976dde94fba9379566dcd59f3a1.jpg

Thats all great CM, but for the love of all the tiny furry squirrels, fix the damn helmets & don't give us some half baked cheap renders that a child could supersede with a 5 crayons & a sketch pad made from an empty cornflakes box. Just once give us an up-to-date, high resolution helmet package that has some artistry to it...

Christian Moreau

Pretty Fly (For a French Fry)
I wish they would add the red colours to the Williams skin. I know there are restrictions because of the Martini sponsoring issue, however in real races they also only remove the Martini logos on the car but still use the red and blue template. Why can't Codemasters make that compromise, too? The simple blue and white Williams looks boring and takes away from the overall immersive experience. I had hoped they would have changed that this year...

19c1a976dde94fba9379566dcd59f3a1.jpg

You answered your own question technically. :D The main reason is, according to PEGI ratings, having any sponsors related to alcohol and such immediately taken away the E for Everyone rating. I know it sounds really petty, but it is the sad truth and the only way around it is 3rd party skins. If you're on console, you're pretty much SOL.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000