F1 2016 WIP Thread

20170226215145_1.jpg
20170226215147_1.jpg
20170226215148_1.jpg

My first try at the Toro Rosso. WIll try the Merc and Toro Rosso chassis before uploading anything. Let me know if you like it as much as the real one :)

Maybe you should try also Renault chassis, it should work very fine and the nose is very similar to real one. But, nice livery as always ;).
the renault is a bit tough with this as the Bulls go partially on top of the nose and also a few other things including the sidepods which I'd have to do on the paint file which means the sidepods will mirror, though the Merc will have the same problem as well.

wipmerchas.jpg

A version on the mercedes chassis (ignore the wireframe), that's about the best I can do on this chassis. It's more accurate shape wise but the decal won't be as accurate and there will be mirroring. Let me know which you prefer. As of now I'm leaning toward finishing both and uploading them as options in the mod

I have tried to find ways to edit the UI and I got something. Its not much but well here are the photos.
20170227202414_1.jpg
20170227202633_1.jpg
This was done by hex editing gamevaluedata file. In first picture I got Lewis Hamilton's driver photo changed (It's gone after the animation starts) and in second I changed Mercedes car logo to Ferrari.

I have tried to find ways to edit the UI and I got something. Its not much but well here are the photos.
View attachment 175675View attachment 175677 This was done by hex editing gamevaluedata file. In first picture I got Lewis Hamilton's driver photo changed (It's gone after the animation starts) and in second I changed Mercedes car logo to Ferrari.
nice! Though that has been done already to some extent, so maybe you can find out how to do that better from what he said/did http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/driver-changes-to-teams-frontend-menu-graphics.12792/

View attachment 175675View attachment 175677 This was done by hex editing gamevaluedata file. In first picture I got Lewis Hamilton's driver photo changed (It's gone after the animation starts) and in second I changed Mercedes car logo to Ferrari.
How did you know what to edit though? Any character set I use doesn't bring up anything understandable.

How did you know what to edit though? Any character set I use doesn't bring up anything understandable.
Its pretty much trial and error sadly. But with little experiments I have gotten some information what is what. Its hard to explain but you have to try and find similarities. Which word is often used if I swap these what happens? This way I got Hamilton's avatar changed. And I have documented these changes so I can use them as my advantage in the future. Example: Swapping 3 and 8 always causes crash. Swapping this and this does nothing. Swapping this and this however breaks Bahrain's photo.kuva.jpg

Last edited:
Its pretty much trial and error sadly. But with little experiments I have gotten some information what is what. Its hard to explain but you have to try and find similarities. Which word is often used if I swap these what happens? This way I got Hamilton's avatar changed. And I have documented these changes so I can use them as my advantage in the future. Example: Swapping 3 and 8 always causes crash. Swapping this and this does nothing. Swapping this and this however breaks Bahrain's photo.View attachment 175702
Ah I see, the reason I was asking was I think individual AI data is stored in there. Here's all the strings in that file (Credit to @Petar Tasev)

Attachments

• f12016.gvdb.txt
    371.7 KB · Views: 338

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back