F1 2014 WIP Thread

:p:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::O_o::cautious:

Qf04nj.jpg

Very nice mate :thumbsup:
I still see the bespoke deflector on the visor :p

One last preview before the release
2 more helmets to go, the renderings and the menu previews. I might finish the pack around midnight. Still worried about the total file size. Dunno if it will meet the RD file size limit :unsure:

kZVCGyv.png
Yup.

Started doing a normal Ricci re-make, and thought I'd bung the Abu Dhabi face on the top to have a look.

a bunch of work, really ... creating manual pit stop entries for each team each circuit will be time consuming, but I've already tested the game accepts default+11 (me2, ma2, etc.) trigger_pit.xml files to be loaded depending on the player's driving choice

And so our story begins (wait, that was an other game)

upload_2014-11-11_1-7-8.png

The project will be to have the player drive manually to his pit stop through the pit lane.

Do you know that: You have a project but you find more details and start to create a bigger world than it needs to be? :roflmao:

upload_2014-11-11_11-40-26.png

(mirrored, the 1:1 coordinates look like you see the track from below)
And so I entered hundreds and hundreds of numbers and coordinates and recreated the Melbourne track ... but I only wanted to create all the pit lane stuff :laugh::laugh:

a bunch of work, really ... creating manual pit stop entries for each team each circuit will be time consuming, but I've already tested the game accepts default+11 (me2, ma2, etc.) trigger_pit.xml files to be loaded depending on the player's driving choice

And so our story begins (wait, that was an other game)

View attachment 71176

The project will be to have the player drive manually to his pit stop through the pit lane.
is this even possible? :O great idea !! :)

Possible? Yes. Useful? I'm not sure anymore ...

Hey, uhm ... was it not the last garage? Damn, the wrong one.

2014-11-11_00001.jpg

Oh, what's now? It was red! You aren't Marussia, are you?

2014-11-11_00002.jpg

... I can make it possible to drive manually to the box / pit stop and have it working B-U-T ... there is no speeding penalty in the game and the limiter does only activate within the automatic pit stop zone (which I would need to change for each team) ...

I really love Codemasters ...

playerOnly="True"

yeah, sure, true my a... if I set the pit speed sector (which is the one activating the pit stop entry sequence, else the box crew just stays there and does nothing) to the box itself, it works for each team for the player.
So one would really have to drive into the pit stop to activate the pitstop.
B-U-T thanks to CM the A.I. also uses the player's pit speed sector, which means: The A.I. does not drive into the stop, just through the box ... [but with activated speed limiter ...]

Oh boy, now I need to find a satisfying way for a compromise.

If you set playerOnly="False" then it does count for SC, A.I. and the player ... would need an AIOnly="True" trigger ...

The second funny fact: You can load a triggers_pit_<team>2.xml for each team, no problem ... but that loads only for the player ... where's the logic?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I actually did love Codemasters for their F1 games since 2010 :D

I think I have found a way to outwit this issue. The funny fact is:
The game is forced to load triggers_pit.xml and if exist triggers_pit_<team>2.xml [same way like the multi livery is working] but the game actually loads triggers_pit_<player's-actively-chosen-team>2.xml for everyone.
So I can create a file for each team but I have to take the default parameters into consideration.

The game's default is this:
AIPitTrigger > PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn > [boxes] > LimiterOff > PitEnd
The limiter is only working when the pittrigger was triggered before, so I now can create it like this:
AIPitTrigger > LimiterOn [A.I.]> PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn on each box's position [Player]> LimiterOff after each box's position [Player]> LimiterOff [A.I.] > PitEnd

I just need to find smooth coordinates before the box-entry. When I set it to the box itself, the car turns forward in, spins into the wrong way, spins back and then gets the pitstop.

But so far all is working and the project can be continued.

P.S.: Yeah, I know most people won't read this, but I just needed to write down my thoughts so I can always remember myself about all this :D

I think I have found a way to outwit this issue. The funny fact is:
The game is forced to load triggers_pit.xml and if exist triggers_pit_<team>2.xml [same way like the multi livery is working] but the game actually loads triggers_pit_<player's-actively-chosen-team>2.xml for everyone.
So I can create a file for each team but I have to take the default parameters into consideration.

The game's default is this:
AIPitTrigger > PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn > [boxes] > LimiterOff > PitEnd
The limiter is only working when the pittrigger was triggered before, so I now can create it like this:
AIPitTrigger > LimiterOn [A.I.]> PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn on each box's position [Player]> LimiterOff after each box's position [Player]> LimiterOff [A.I.] > PitEnd

I just need to find smooth coordinates before the box-entry. When I set it to the box itself, the car turns forward in, spins into the wrong way, spins back and then gets the pitstop.

But so far all is working and the project can be continued.

P.S.: Yeah, I know most people won't read this, but I just needed to write down my thoughts so I can always remember myself about all this :D
It's really nice to see someone who has acknowledgement on coding here and using his free time to share it with the world for a game broken by a company! It's like one man against thousands. Think about it.

It's really nice to see someone who has acknowledgement on coding here and using his free time to share it with the world for a game broken by a company! It's like one man against thousands. Think about it.
You say something.... but still he deserves the attention , and also he should be rewarded if he manages to create sth great for this game.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%