F1 2014 WIP Thread

Just one thing gives me a headache and that's where I ask about your feedback, how to manage it.

Remember: Pit Stops and Drivethrough-Penalty are only activated when the Player is in a speed-limiting-zone and had triggered the PlayerPitTrigger before.

Drive-Trough-Penalty

Ideal Pit-Stop-Manual-Situation is like this:
AIPitTrigger > LimiterOn [AI] > PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn [Box] > LimiterOff [Box] > LimiterOff [AI] > PitEnd

Forced
AIPitTrigger > PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn [All] > LimiterOff [Player - before Box] > LimiterOn [Player - after Box] > LimiterOff [All] > PitEnd

Mixed
AIPitTrigger > PlayerPitTrigger > LimiterOn [All] > LimiterOff [Player - right after LimiterOn] > LimiterOn [Box] > LimiterOff [Box] > LimiterOn [Player - before Exit] > LimiterOff [All] > PitEnd

At Ideal one would drive manually into the pit zone, maintaining self-discipline to keep the speedlimit and drive manually out of it. Drivethrough means self-discipline and a turn through the pit zone [without a pit stop].

At Forced one is only allowed to turn and slowly drive the car into the pit zone. So one would get control just before the box and lose control again right after the stop. Drivethrough would be 95% forced, no chance for speeding.

At Mixed one cannot speed into the pit lane and is forced to the limiter when entering. After that one can speed up and drive manually into and out of the pit zone and is forced to the limiter again right before leaving the pit lane. Drivethrough can be managed without the need to turn through the pit zone [Box].

I am not going to create all three variations, it's hellufawork already with one, so I'd like the community to decide which way it'll be.
(Haven't tested coming-out-of-the-box at training/quali yet but that shouldn't be a big issue)

W05 Petronas Mercedes AMG.
Release date: 13-11-2014.
307x304.png

This will be the first release of our Codemaster F1 2014 collection, all cars have been re-edited and contain some cool shading, photo realistic livery and two resolution formats, 4096 and 2048.
images and release news will be kept in this one entry (if I am able to do that here)...
more to follow.

Last edited:
So here is a small video that shows the side-issue with ideal manual pit stop.
As I've written already: The car drives in, turns back, gets correctly positioned and the pit stop is active. That may cost the player a tenth second or so.

If you had hoped about driving manually out of the box ... I'm afraid I must disappoint you as it is, as well as the pit stop itself, a sequence I am unable to edit (because I don't know where and what file is responsible for that).

To avoid this ugly flipping issue one would not be able to drive into the marked zone but only in front of it.

So again, it's about you and your feedback. I'm personally not satisfied with either of the options, to be honest.

307x304.png

This will be the first release of our Codemaster F1 2014 collection, all cars have been re-edited and contain some cool shading, photo realistic livery and two resolution formats, 4094 and 2048.
images and release news will be kept in this one entry (if I am able to do that here)...
more to follow.
Great job!!

:cool:
This will be the first release of our Codemaster F1 2014 collection, all cars have been re-edited and contain some cool shading, photo realistic livery and two resolution formats, 4094 and 2048.
more to follow.
Great skin looking forward to it and all the others to come. Thanks.:cool:

Last edited:
So here is a small video that shows the side-issue with ideal manual pit stop.
As I've written already: The car drives in, turns back, gets correctly positioned and the pit stop is active. That may cost the player a tenth second or so.

If you had hoped about driving manually out of the box ... I'm afraid I must disappoint you as it is, as well as the pit stop itself, a sequence I am unable to edit (because I don't know where and what file is responsible for that).

To avoid this ugly flipping issue one would not be able to drive into the marked zone but only in front of it.

So again, it's about you and your feedback. I'm personally not satisfied with either of the options, to be honest.

have you looked in tracks/ui/paddock? that has lots of files with coordinates in, with reference to pit crew etc
also i assume you have looked in pitstops.xml / pitwall.xml to solve this problem?

oh and what about making pitstops shorter (to accommodate the extra time)?
just my thoughts, looks great as it is to be honest

have you looked in tracks/ui/paddock? that has lots of files with coordinates in, with reference to pit crew etc
also i assume you have looked in pitstops.xml / pitwall.xml to solve this problem?

oh and what about making pitstops shorter (to accommodate the extra time)?
just my thoughts, looks great as it is to be honest
I'm not sure whether paddock is used or just a relique. The only files I could find in all the raceload.jpk entries about paddock are outcommented.

pitstops.xml only refers to the garage middle coordinates and whether the crew and parts go out. (Tried playing around with all values that are 0 changing to 1 but that didn't change thing I wanted.) Also the raceload.jpk refers to several plugins which have already data that are also stored in those .xml (and more I guess).

pitwall.xml is just for pitwall (where the racecrew sits)

I have changed all zones a bit away however there is a line that forces a correct position of the car, so you can't even drive the car completely into the zone just touch the line. If you place an other zone a bit different for being able to drive the car into the yellow marked pit zone completely, the game thinks the pit stop is done and you can drive manually out, but the crew keeps staying as the step somehow was skipped.

So I think these sequences are within any of the loaded plugins, have looked for it the last 5-6 hours and tried so many different coordinates and moved zones and changed their shape and and and.
You either have it before the line and flip force or you pass it and there's no real pitstop.

Making pitstops shorter is easy but not up to me as it would need a modification of the database. The people making realistic AI, database etc. mods have to change the values.

Edit: Ah yeah one thing is nice: If you drive too fast into the pit zone, the pit stop won't happen, the car will not be forced to flip but be ignored.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether paddock is used or just a relique. The only files I could find in all the raceload.jpk entries about paddock are outcommented.

pitstops.xml only refers to the garage middle coordinates and whether the crew and parts go out. (Tried playing around with all values that are 0 changing to 1 but that didn't change thing I wanted.) Also the raceload.jpk refers to several plugins which have already data that are also stored in those .xml (and more I guess).

pitwall.xml is just for pitwall (where the racecrew sits)

I have changed all zones a bit away however there is a line that forces a correct position of the car, so you can't even drive the car completely into the zone just touch the line. If you place an other zone a bit different for being able to drive the car into the yellow marked pit zone completely, the game thinks the pit stop is done and you can drive manually out, but the crew keeps staying as the step somehow was skipped.

So I think these sequences are within any of the loaded plugins, have looked for it the last 5-6 hours and tried so many different coordinates and moved zones and changed their shape and and and.
You either have it before the line and flip force or you pass it and there's no real pitstop.

Making pitstops shorter is easy but not up to me as it would need a modification of the database. The people making realistic AI, database etc. mods have to change the values.

Edit: Ah yeah one thing is nice: If you drive too fast into the pit zone, the pit stop won't happen, the car will not be forced to flip but be ignored.

Wow, great answer,
I understand your conundrum

I suppose driving too fast Is against the rules and therefore deserves the "punishment" as you have essentially had a drive through

I was nervous about pitting at the same time as your teammate.

2014-11-12_00006.jpg

Well, don't stand in the way (best next to the previous box), so the AI can pit and drive along (I waited too long, a Mercedes was passing me left, forgot to press F12 :D).

2014-11-12_00007.jpg

See the difference? That's me as Bottas, the crew didn't move (that was what I was waiting for at first), the spot the car now reached is the trigger for the speed limiter / pit stop.
Before there were no new tyres, now they are, so time to drive in and have a smooth pit (with flip).

I have finished it for all teams for Melbourne, but I think I'll try optimization, because with the current limiter-off triggerzone one can not drive manually out of the pit lane in training/quali (but it's all working, though the car flips there, too before getting pushed back into the box).

I think I will create a 2nd variation, where you cannot drive into the zone but before it and have no ugly flip. Just for the people who don't like the flip (like me).

Btw. it's kinda challenging to drive into the correct box at training/quali, I missed it the first two times. One really has to know his team and drive slowly.

yeah, because i want to show some W.I.P of the F1 2015 mod (yes i know it's early, but i won't release it at least till after the end of the 2014 season):
engine sounds a bit high, but in replay you don't hear much difference with the other engines. also feedback would be welcome :)
thats a really nice engine sound, whether it will sound like that is a different matter

I feel like that is edited from an F1 2013 engine sound :D Might be wrong tho

Sounds a bit high I agree. As a WIP I'd rather work on the driver changes before I get the chance to actually hear the Honda engine, because it might sound completely different so your work on this would be for nothing.. :unsure:

MP29....
This is still being edited but it is taking shape...shading and a little detail to come.
Due to the responce here on some other threads I have decided to put up the website again for downloads and forums..at present it is geared towards F1 challenge, I will update it and replace the images and downloads with my own edited files, both textures and data files....I have time as work has finished for me until Feb 15....it will probably be fully active in around 2-3 weeks..I will probably put up a index page as a bookmark, but the content will take me a few weeks to arrange...I am pretty sure you will enjoy the site...
please pm me in a couple of days and i`ll send you the link for the homepage.... the site will offer all F1 news feeds and much much more regarding F1, plus we will have competitions for some good prizes.....the site will only cover F1 2014 modding.

qmxt9v.png

Last edited:
Nose SAP logo should only be its text.
the size and angle of this logo is as good as it gets...the left sidepod is an issue, plus the nose logo is tied in with the sidepod logo.....if you angle or make the logo larger it will distort on the other side or be too large for the nose....trust me it took time to get this placement....next job some shading and color blending to get that mixture of chrome and black.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 2 5.1%