F1 2014 WIP Thread

since the first Halo chassis was added to this game, the modding on F1 2014 (and maybe 13, 12 too) has reached a new level. not just in terms of chassis modifications and implementation, but on other aspects such as more advanced AI driver adjustments and better visuals as well. track modifications are being intensively looked into, as well.

I have now made the option for the rev lights to go from center outward instead of left to right.
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

Colors need to be rearranged for it to make sense, but the functionality is there!

Last edited:
So guys, I've found out my own way to prevent the AI's from braking too excessively at the inside line of corners (and they are really aggressive). This method is still being optimized, so can't share with you just yet. Editing the 'gates' like @snthennumbers said, doesn't help much.
I'll keep you updated with my video recordings. For now, I'll prioritize editing the AI's braking points first.
Here is a recording of Abu Dhabi: (my driving is not the best I've done)

Last edited:
In normal racing circumstances, the AI's didn't use to have enough aggression when taking corners or making maneuvers on other cars. Perhaps because of this, there are so many players who are always trying to murder and/or erratically block the AI's.

With my massive revamp, they do have "the balls" to take corners a lot more aggressively and can even cause great deal of damage on the player's car if not careful.

Hopefully my massive AI driver revamp will warrant some sort of punishments on erratic-driving players and encourage fairer racing.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea