Resource icon

Misc F1 2014 - Handling Realism Mod (Pad & Wheel) + Texture Updates 1.41

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Hyjal..thanks for your effort trying to fix this mess with F1 2014 pad assists :) I've yet to use your patch, but will do the first chance I get time at home - as I have shelved this game since it feels like I'm playing with autopilot. Does this patch you've created also address the hidden traction control? or is it that the hidden steering assist is what's making the game feel like it has traction control always on?
Thanks
Traction control will be gone in 1.3 version. But in 1.2 it's not possible to drive fll throttle all the time since your tyres will get warm -> which wear them out. Thank you for the feedback. :)

Thanks for your reply. I'm still going to check it out. I'm really keen to have a play of your 1.3 patch.
F1 2013 seems like they got the TC pretty spot on, even though the dire deg was wack. As you know in 2014 the back end will never squirm or twitch if you give it too much juice.
Anyway..very excited to see you're 1.3 patch. Any idea when it will be available?

I've been playing F1 2014 on a pad...all assists off and i found out about hidden steering assist and hidden traction control...i've switched the controller input to - steering wheel and getting the power down is more challenging...but adjusting the car on straights is a pain in the....so...i used your mode...it's a good mode...but i was wondering when on low speed corners engine sounds are a little bit altered on low revs...(you should check this thing out) overall it's a good mod...i can't wait to see 1.3. with hidden traction control off...good job mate

I've been playing F1 2014 on a pad...all assists off and i found out about hidden steering assist and hidden traction control...i've switched the controller input to - steering wheel and getting the power down is more challenging...but adjusting the car on straights is a pain in the....so...i used your mode...it's a good mode...but i was wondering when on low speed corners engine sounds are a little bit altered on low revs...(you should check this thing out) overall it's a good mod...i can't wait to see 1.3. with hidden traction control off...good job mate
Glad to hear you like it :). And main goal in 1.3 would be cornering speed, low speed ones.

:) great to hear that mate....As i wasn't very clear eariler....the only thing that needs to be looked at in your current mod is: why on low speed corners engine sounds are modified...

I'll be watching that when starting, actually continue working on 1.3. Althought you were enough clear in your first post :)

:) the mod is very good..but there are still issues with the engine sounds on low revs...when you brake for low speed corners....for me it spoils the experience....it sound robotic like...if you would fix this it would be awsome...car handling is very nice...

hyjal updated F1 2014 - Handling realism mod + texture updates (pad and wheel) with a new update entry:

Offroad what offroad?

Getting everything ready for the 1.3 version. Keep your car inside those white lines or you will be in deeep trouble. Getting out from grass is easy but from gravel... well good luck with that.

Extra: "Warning entered in restricted area" -> reset to track....

Well that won't happen anymore, so feel to check those areas where they exist. (Brazil, Abu Dhabi, Sorchi etc)

Read the rest of this update entry...

hyjal - I tried your patch. I must stay it's a big improvement. The sensitivity or or curve is still a little aggressive I think though. Only 1mm or stick movement still makes the wheel turn to far.
You could also put this down as personal preference. Either way, I want to help you make this awesome :)
I attached a picture illustrating the steering curve now, to what I though would suit a better.

Untitled.png

Thank you for the feedback.

I have heard few people saying it's too sensitive steering, but based on my driving it's pretty good, althought maybe little to responsive, but that can be adjusted by car setups. AND I have now brand new controller vs my old, which has marks of heavy use -> basicly left stick is bad. BAck to then it was hard to drive (I have opened it and cleaned inside) There was hairs, dust etc stucked around stick mechanicis, don't know how it would work now, maybe better but got new controller so I don't care that much.
=== Controller stick wear is key factor of this mod

I ran few quick test and noticed it's possible to adjust steering as your picture shows, BUT in downside it takes out few things. Firstly attacking corners with higher speed, which comes to second thing: front tyres oversteer -> tyres heat up. But it might be easily fixed by little adjusting those conf or something.

=== I will do two files (less responsive and more responsive) in next update (Today, might go to tomorow but aiming it for today)

Althought having two files on each car + each track almost doubles the work time required.
So I need to make few test and make my decision, what I will do two, one or nothing :)

will 1.3 version address to hidden traction control too? i tried setting controller input to steering wheel and then you really feel the car's power..getting the power down is just like in real life....with all assists off...comparing with the pad wich is almost too easy to get out of corners...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.