F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm all about the multiplayer, so results files/api would be awesome, as well as being able to set the view in multiplay, and multiplay that didnt' time out so often (I realise this may be a function of the individual connection).

Definitely telemetry. Hell, in the Grand Prix series over a decade ago had this. I assume that the game engine MUST read various telemetry off the car to be able to simulate the physics, so how about recording this. Even just dump it to a text file and let the community make a telemetry reader :)

What can I add? I just read the last 4 pages of posts. A lot of people mentioned telemetry. I completely agree...how is this not just standard. You have Anthony Davidson on staff and he's gotta be mentioning this on our behalf. My guess is for some reason it's hard to implement? All I have really noticed thru youtube is improved handling. I guess that should be #1 on their list although it was already pretty good in F1 '10.

A few of my wishes that get addressed b/f launch:
+Fix getting stuck in the pit - my crew chief lets all nearby cars go by.
+Better variety of info from pit via radio.
+Fix replay camera angles to stationary and fix car engine sound effects. Allow replays in online co-op season mode too.
...i got too many to add that I know won't make it in, so I'll just keep to myself and hope to see in 2020.

What can I add? I just read the last 4 pages of posts. A lot of people mentioned telemetry. I completely agree...how is this not just standard. You have Anthony Davidson on staff and he's gotta be mentioning this on our behalf. My guess is for some reason it's hard to implement? All I have really noticed thru youtube is improved handling. I guess that should be #1 on their list although it was already pretty good in F1 '10.

A few of my wishes that get addressed b/f launch:
+Fix getting stuck in the pit - my crew chief lets all nearby cars go by.
+Better variety of info from pit via radio.
+Fix replay camera angles to stationary and fix car engine sound effects. Allow replays in online co-op season mode too.
...i got too many to add that I know won't make it in, so I'll just keep to myself and hope to see in 2020.

Where do i sign?

This is just a recent pain of mine with F1 2010, but 2011 needs to be better optimized, right now it is ridiculous...

I've recently upgraded from a geforce 8800 to an ati 6850, in every other game out there the 6850 absolutely blitzes the 8800 with even higher settings, but in F1 2010 i've lost about 10 frames!!!!

It doesn't matter the settings either, whether i put everything ultra, 8xaa, vsynch on or ultra low the game gets the same 25 frames, it's just horribly optimized...

People have been saying that since the release, but only now i understand them...

To be able to change the numbers on the cars, so when you are world champion the number reflects this. Also to have my name on the car not button, hamilton, alonso etc. To have the ability of signing a longer contract with the team, not just 1 year. And to be able to design my own helmet would be good.

1. AI making mistakes & getting penalties, EG:- blocking in quali and races (And why not have a function where you can raise your hand in frustration when they block you by pressing R3).
2. Helmet editor.
3. When driving with Ferrari you should have there lights system in a pit stop.
4. A fuel gauge, so if you have your engine setting fixed on fast for most of the race, you should get a call from your race engineer saying that you need to go into fuel saving mode to finish the race, losing performance and possibly places.
5. Warm up lap.
6. Safety car.
7. More in depth timing screen, if Im leading and need to pit I want to know if there is a gap I could jump into around 6th,7th 8th place.
8. After a race win a podium sequence and playing your national anthem.
9. Classic race scenario EG:- 'Brazil 08' Its the last 5 laps your Hamilton and need to finish 5th or better, its just started raining do you pit or tip toe around... EG:- 'Montreal 11' You control Button you just collided with Hamilton on pit straight and need to pit which puts you last, you then need to win the race.
10. Mechanical failures
11. When you lock a brake clouds of dust and visable flat spots.

when starting the race, doing 1 lap and comming onto the grid, getting out of the car, then give an interview, get back into the car and then do a formationlap. That interview and formationlap would be cool to see in the game but doing 1 lap and then pushed by the engeneers onto the grid could maybe be too much. In F1 2010 trailer, I always saw some interviews that were giving besides the track but those were never shown into the real game...

EDIT: Some other good ideas, 1) back to the 2006 BBC commentary but then with martin brundle and David Coulthard ONLY for pole lap and the final lap as I assume it's pretty bad when you got the bbc voice and the team radio voice mixed in with it. 2)Podium celebration (including the lap after the race finished) 3) maybe the gridwalk of martin brundle? 4) the commentary of the bbc between the qualy's and before and after the race (preferably skipable if anyone would rather skip that)

be able to completely drive the car in the pitlane

to have championship numbers in your next season so if you win the championship the number on your car is number 1

Yeah I miss this from F1C 99-02, also I would like to be able to view other cars when I'm in the pit, would be great during qualifying online to watcgh someone setting a fast time, much better than just watching the time board, I seen a video with something like this online but looks like they had finished the race and could just view certain corners.

I thought this would be quite a good idea.

Say if your in a race and you Damage your front nose cone or a front end plate, when you pit it will automatically change it for you when you can manage in the race without it, so its really a waste of time changing it. if codemasters could add a option to say you don't want your wing changed. i think this would be a massive improvement in the race.

Any opinions?

I thought this would be quite a good idea.

Say if your in a race and you Damage your front nose cone or a front end plate, when you pit it will automatically change it for you when you can manage in the race without it, so its really a waste of time changing it. if codemasters could add a option to say you don't want your wing changed. i think this would be a massive improvement in the race.

Any opinions?
The thing is, if you lose a bit of your front wing in real life that would make a huge difference, and it would be almost like you HAD to pit. You would be unable to continue without pitting in real life, and codemasters will want to make the game as realistic as possible.
Chris.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back