F1 2011 F1 2011 wish list

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
If you choose to have tire sim turned on, then have it also effect the AI. Not only in the races, but everywhere else too. It is laughable how the AI is able to hot lap for all 90 minutes of P1, all 90 minutes of P2 and all 60 minutes of P3 with their option tires. I am lucky if I can do 3 hot laps with options in P1, use the same scrubbed options tires for 3 more hot laps in P2, not have any options to be able to use in P3 because I had to save them for qualifying and the races.

Those 'little things' F1 2010 missed out on.

I think F1 2010 missed out on a lot of small things.
such as custom helmets, race suit and the awarded cars.

F1 2011 should have a 'challenge series' sort of like Gran Toursimo 5, where if you complete a challenge, (time challenge, overtaking, etc) you should get an award of a classic car or a decal or picture you can add to your own custom helmet.
-This would add more than 'just' the campaign to this game.
The awarded cars could be used in a GP in game mode where you are against other cars from that era, or to simply be taken round a track in time trail.

I really enjoyed winning the older, 'classic' cars in F1 Championship Edition.
As they were very different to drive and was actually kinda cool.
Being able to make your own helmet would be an AWESOME feature, rather than simply picking from a short list of given helmets.

A car showroom wouldn't be a bad idea, as it's self explained.
A 'menu' sort of thing where you can flick through the newest, oldest and greatest cars of F1.
Telling you what team, year or period the car came from and what it achieved in its time.
And maybe a database of some of the drivers from the present and many years ago - Senna, Prost, Velenueve, Moss, Stewert,
and of course the drivers of today.

Maybe not ALL of these things have to be included, but if I had to pick a few, I would go with the custom helmets and awarded cars.

What do other people think?? :D

yh love those ideas also a trophy cabinet for single player, and when ur sitting in your garage have a map of the track to see were the other cars r on track like the driver tracker so u can plan when u go out on track especially for multiplayer also like your personal record for each track on multiplayer with tyre and fuel simulations ON and like u see on tv u can see in the race who has set the fastest time

New things for F1 2011

There are several new things codemasters could include for f1 2011, one of the best things they could include, for me anyway is a legends pack, where you get car from the 1900's like the lotus-cosworth 88b, ( sorry I can't remember the decades). Another thing I thing they could include is some of the old tracks, like the original Silverstone circuit, Hockenhiem long and Nordishnife. Obviously they would have to be dlc packages, but I think these would create great intrest across the board of formula 1 gaming. I would he very happy to hear any new additions people would like to see on f1 2011.

If its not too late and it prolly is ;) If u not included this can you make the online sprint races 5 laps but more importantly display the fastest lap time. Many races the fastest person doesnt't win, sometimes in my/yours favour and sometimes not others can be rude crashes just be nice to see who was fastest.

DLCs for F1 2011

DLCs as we know are a big way of income on top of the sales of the game. A good idea for a DLC I think is to do a legends pack, where they feature the best formula 1 cars from a certin decade. You could have a 90's pack including the Mclaren MP4/8, a 80's pack including Ferrari F1/86, 70's and 60's pack. All these should come with iconis tracks from the era like Nordschleife, Hockinhiem long, Silverstone Bridge Circut, Silverstone (1957), Imola and other brilliant tracks for the past. I like to hear any other ideas that people have for DLC.

Well it looks like safety cars are out sadly, but what I hope they fix is the slow AI, they are pathetically slow on legend mode, there is no way i should be winning the season in a lotus against the hardest difficulty.

Fortunately as a PC gamer I have mods, one of which being the AI toolkit, very useful. Although that seems to have made every driver a complete a-hole in practice, I don't know if this was the case in vanilla or not, but on just about every corner in practice sessions they will fly up the inside of you and run incredibly wide on the exit and end up crashing just to overtake you. Also that reminds me, theres never a steady flow of traffic with practice, either theres 2 or 3 cars out at any given point (this is acceptable and feels real) or everyone is out on track at the same time, noting in between.

Other than that I would like to see less robotic AI in the pit lane, where they just snap around and ghost through everything. I would like to see the pit bug eliminated possibly by allowing the sort of thing we see in real life, with those sort of safe releases where theres 2 cars abreast in the pit lane because some pit lanes are clearly wide enough to allow that.

Mostly though its the car handling so people can't run ridiculous setups that allow them to get super levels of grip which by the laws of physics are impossible, although I hear major improvements have been made in regard to this.

Oh another thing, having the same pit engineer with his limited vocabulary follow me through a seven year career drove me nuts.

Although that seems to have made every driver a complete a-hole in practice

One place in particular I find annoying in practice and qualifying is when the AI is on an out-lap or an in-lap. If you are behind the AI car they drive extremely slow, but if you pass them they act as if this was a crime against humanity and start driving like crazy in an attempt to pass you (and they will take you out if you can not stay ahead of them). This is not that big of a deal in practice, but it is insane in qualifying. You the human driver could be on a hot lap and you encounter a slow AI car. If you pass them without losing too much time thanks to their blocking techniques, you better hope you can stay ahead of them, because they will be coming after you.

Haha yeah they instantly see red and try to take you out, then if they manage to wrestle their way past you they slow down again trying everything possible to ruin your hot lap. It does make for some entertaining moments sometimes but when your trying to test a race setup it can really tick you off.

I want to know what tyres the other cars are on and how many pit stops they have made, 1 of 2, 2 of 3, 1/1 etc.
also i want to know where i will come out if i pit or be radioed pit now to avoid traffic. also predicted finish maybe, just more info during the race so i know whats going on.

Smarter AI would be a big plus side to the game. Such as on qualifying and practice they are so much slower and still they stay in the way off your car maybe changes so that they can sense a faster driver approaching at a much faster pace and pull out of the racing line to allow the driver past . This would stop laps being ruined by the AI blocking on the fast straights and into corners.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back