F1 2005 season mod Part 1

Misc F1 2005 season mod Part 1 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey There! Amazing mod! Works really well! I have seen some bugs so i report you this here:

- In Sochi the DRS is activateable in career (maybe in other gamemodes too)

- In Sochi the AI brakes way before the right hand corner at the end of 2nd DRS Zone (even the game gives yellow flag to this corner whenever an AI comes through)

- In Substitution the names (like Jenson Button's) not even changed. The other problem that i've found is Ferrari called "RedBull Racing" in the same part.

- In the team choosing at the start of the career mode the Sauber and Honda driver names are changed (but works well later on).

- The Career driver caps aren't changed from the default 2017 caps.

- If it's possible, you should add the normal voices to the real driver (like "Alonso" commentator sound to Alonso etc.. for as much driver as its possible [I counted 3 with Kimi,Fernando and Felipe]).

- The RPM counter doesn't work (the red-green-purple points on the screen next to the gear number)

-Some cars one side have mirrored picture (like Ferrari's right side)

-The Career mode Driver of the day awarded player name should be changed (Like "for the Honda driver" instead of "for the Haas driver").

- In Career, the AI is way faster then on races (like on AI level 80, it feels like 100 or more in Qualifying.)

I hope it will be developped soon, because its so fun for now.
The career caps weren't edited due to it being a different UV map to the normal ones, so we couldn't just reuse them. Voices can't be edited at all. RPM lights were disabled due to the fact that the gears were edited to handle shifting at higher revs but the lights can't be edited, so they would be misleading for anyone shifting based on the,. Mirroring can not be fixed while using the 2017 chassis, the upcoming update using classic chassis should fix a good chunk of that though (it will have it's own issues though). The language file doesn't work as you'd think so certain things can't be changed unfortunately.

The career caps weren't edited due to it being a different UV map to the normal ones, so we couldn't just reuse them. Voices can't be edited at all. RPM lights were disabled due to the fact that the gears were edited to handle shifting at higher revs but the lights can't be edited, so they would be misleading for anyone shifting based on the,. Mirroring can not be fixed while using the 2017 chassis, the upcoming update using classic chassis should fix a good chunk of that though (it will have it's own issues though). The language file doesn't work as you'd think so certain things can't be changed unfortunately.
When do you think the classic cars will be released?
How do you do that any way, just seems to crash whenever I try (I'm not planning on making a mod with classics in 2017 just wanna mess with them)

When do you think the classic cars will be released?
How do you do that any way, just seems to crash whenever I try (I'm not planning on making a mod with classics in 2017 just wanna mess with them)
At this time I doubt we will be releasing the classic cars version, I can reveal that about half of the liveries were finished but due to other projects and being overall busy we all kind of lost interest in finishing them. It's possible some of them will be released at some point (or that the patch gets done eventually) but nothing like that is guaranteed.

At this time I doubt we will be releasing the classic cars version, I can reveal that about half of the liveries were finished but due to other projects and being overall busy we all kind of lost interest in finishing them. It's possible some of them will be released at some point (or that the patch gets done eventually) but nothing like that is guaranteed.
Ok thanks for letting me know ;)

As for the classic version of this mod, there's technically most cars in some sort of version (some slightly inaccurate) that could be compiled if using all mods available on RD and that we completed. Only 2 skins would need to be made for it so there's a chance I get to it at some point.

As for the classic version of this mod, there's technically most cars in some sort of version (some slightly inaccurate) that could be compiled if using all mods available on RD and that we completed. Only 2 skins would need to be made for it so there's a chance I get to it at some point.
could you release the skins seperately

Me and my bro have just installed this mod and its awesome. Only thing is we installed it purely to play online championship together and everytime I create a lobby or try to it says "You have been kicked for cheating".

I'm aware that this MOD is focused on the Career aspect of the game but does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks

Me and my bro have just installed this mod and its awesome. Only thing is we installed it purely to play online championship together and everytime I create a lobby or try to it says "You have been kicked for cheating".

I'm aware that this MOD is focused on the Career aspect of the game but does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks
If anything about the cars or their tyres is changed (=modded) the game will detect it as cheating and will kick you. So the mod doesnt work in the multiplayer. The car's files contain configs of their performances with can be used for extreme cheating. Same goes for the tyres.
Playing with mods in Multiplayer is very restricted this year because F1 2016 had lots of issues with online cheating and codies wanted to step into the online eSport area.

I have a strange "floating bar" on cockpit view, but only with Ferrari! A bug or something?

ncL11ik.jpg

If I play career and lower AI to 35 for practice sessions, how do I then increase the AI up to 70 or 80 before the qual or race?
I don't think the game allows this to be changed in the middle of a race weekend?
Thanks

EDIT found the answer myself eventually, though I think it would be a good idea to mention this in your readme since you recommend changing the AI between practice and qualifying.

For anyone else, it turns out it IS possible to change difficulty during a race weekend. When you return to your career from the main menu, DURING the loading screen, select 'options' and it brings up the menu which includes the option to change difficulty settings. (Note apparently this does NOT work if you are loading a mid-game save, but will work when starting any new session).

Last edited:
Hello, this is an awsome mod which looks quiet good. Sadly I´m not able to play it, because I do not understand what I´m doing wrong, when I try to install the mod. It says drag and drop, however nothing happens when i do that. Probably I´m just too dumb to do it correctly, so can someone help me please?

Great mod despite a few inconsistencies here and there which do break the immersion a bit. The cars and sounds though are amazing and that alone makes the mod worth downloading. I do have quite a major gripe though in that the AI seems to be using the default tire loadout whilst I am using the mod loadout so my pace is way off even on easy AI. Plus I don't know whether its the tires or the way the mod has been coded but completing practice sessions are next to impossible, almost like they are still using the default times which the 2005 cars simply can't reach leaving me to abandon my practice sessions and jump straight to qualifying. Apart from that its an outstanding mod and I applaud the creators for the hard work they've put into it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.