rF2 F1 1992 @ Rouen-Les-Essarts - Sunday July 17th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
f1-92_720.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM F1 92
Mod:
F1 1992 v1.01
Track:
Rouen-Les-Essarts, France (1955-1970 Layout)

Practice start time:
19:00 GMT
Qualification start time:
19:20 GMT
Warm-up start time:
19:30 GMT
Race start time:
19:35 GMT (2 x 20 minutes - Standing Start - No Formation Lap)

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Extra Notes
Due to the mod's quality, can everyone test their game off line with opponents turned on to see how well their game copes. The crashing issue from recent weeks we believe was not a server issue more that people had graphics set too high for the track and mod.

Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.

Sign-up list:

1. McLaren - Ayrton Senna: Kyle Puttifer
2. McLaren - Gerhard Berger: Chas McInnes
3. Tyrrell - Oliver Grouillard:
4. Tyrrell - Andrea De Cesaris:
5. Williams - Nigel Mansell: Adam Eggbeer
6. Williams - Riccardo Patrese: Mohan King
7. Motor Racing Developments Ltd. - Eric van de Poele:
8. Motor Racing Developments Ltd. - Damon Hill / Giovanna Amati: Chris Sykes
9. Footwork - Michele Alboreto: Wayne Morgan
10. Footwork - Aguri Suzuki:
11. Team Lotus - Mika Hakkinen: Steve Barsby
12. Team Lotus - Johnny Herbert:
13. Fondmetal - Andrea Chiesa / Eric van de Poele:
14. Fondmetal - Gabriele Tarquini: Andreas Hall
15. March - Jan Lammers / Karl Wendlinger:
16. March - Emanuele Naspetti / Paul Belmondo:
17. Benetton - Michael Schumacher: Kariem Janssen
18. Benetton - Martin Brundle: Stephen DuCros
19. Scuderia Italia - JJ Lehto: Mark Mendonca
20. Scuderia Italia - Pierluigi Martini: Mateusz Bozko
21. Minardi Team - Alessandro Zanardi / Christian Fittipaldi:
22. Minardi Team - Gianni Morbidelli: Erik Tveit
23. Ligier - Thierry Boutsen: Martin Bulgin
24. Ligier - Erik Comas:
25. Scuderia Ferrari - Jean Alesi: Robert Woodward
26. Scuderia Ferrari - Ivan Capelli / Nicola Larini: Leonard Jest
27. Larrousse - Bertrand Gachot:
28. Larrousse - Ukyo Katayama: Magnus Dahlgren
29. Jordan - Stefano Modena:
30. Jordan - Mauricio Gugelmin: Lee Palmer
31. Andrea Moda - Roberto Moreno: Todd Alan
32. Andrea Moda - Perry McCarthy: Scott Beck

Please Note - This event will be the exception to the new club format. Sign ups will continue as before.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread

19. Scuderia Italia - JJ Lehto: Welcome to the team MBoz.

Haven't finger babbled in a while but I can't resist with this track, this type of racing takes me away. Not sure if any of you youngens ever heard of GPL? Was one of the earliest simms and still has a very significant Sim community out there. I know my long time friend Scott started his roots from another direction, another Sim, can't remember the name Scott?
Actually my first real Sim was Mario Andretti Racing forget what platform.. It was more of game but you could already see the potential. Ok I know my friends are thinking... ok finger babbling again. My actual first setup was EAF1 and the Red MOMO, Scott I won't write it all again, I know you and Chris are tired of hearing it lolol. Forward 2 years, my team captain of the then FSR World Series division?? , Scott correct me if I'm wrong... Phil Helmer suggested trying GPL, "It's only 5 US" he said. The original track pack had 7 or 8 actual circuits for that year. Rouen was one of them. Pretty much as it sits right here, except for the hairpin (you can see where the shortened the hairpin) and some extra lanes on the long fast trait down to slow right hander. Those were the 'Glory' days well at least it is for me. Scott I know nuf said. This was the style of that Era, Try the old original Spa if anyone hasn't already. In one of these cars it must be spectacular. RF2 nuff said. See you all at the track.

yeah GPL was just amazing. My first time on a simulator was with REVS, it was from memory fantastic, a sim written by the great Geoff Crammond back in the early 80s. I used to play that for hours at a time on the old BBC b micro computer. Then Gprix was born, I started playing that on the Amiga 500+ until one day I saw the same game on the PC, that was it, off to the shops to get my first ever PC, 1992 I think. GPrix 1 was jaw dropping on the PC even the sound was fantastic. wow the good old days. Mark, thx for activating my memory banks again lol

Fondmetal :Tarquini

Thx

Yeah Crammonds GP1 on my 1st PC. Windows 3.1 and drove with the keyboard. Thought it was the coolest thing.......hard to believe 20 years have passed...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back