rF2 F1 1992 @ Nurburgring - Sun August 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
We're having power problems here because of the very high temps. The power went out last night 2 different times and once already this morning. I'll try and make the races.

Well, good news is that I still have power. Bad news is that it is sporadic. I will do the race, I cannot guarantee that I won't have to run away from the PC and bale out neighbors basements.

Q1: 8th
R1: RET after suspension problems (not from hitting walls but from when overtaking cars have barged past).
Q2: Couldn't get a lap together. 10th
R2: Followed Ferry's advice to do a 2 stopper on qualis and it was working really well. At the start I lunged into turn 1 and I was 7th after the 1st lap. After a few laps I was thinking of doing my first stop when the car mysteriously broke traction YET AGAIN. Wheel gone.
Really annoyed, so annoyed that I threw my wheel onto the floor in frustration as I was driving normally but the car just f***ed up again, that 2 stopper could have worked really well and they were my best quali positions and I was on for a really good result in R2.
On a more positive note - I didn't take anyone out.

I had to quit halfway through race 2 as I suspected my throttle wasnt giving me the full range and it wasnt when I checked, time for more maintenance, I have already swapped the clutch pedal round with the throttle, very annoying :[

Hopefully there's no speed limit override at Sepang otherwise we'll have to use those horrible soft tyres again...
Although well done to Luke Morgan, made a much better start to RD club racing than I did a few months ago.

Had fun. Finished both races :D

Race 1:
Started 11th. Had a great start and sailed past Kyle ( :D ) but made a mess of turn 1 and ran wide. I then somehow found myself in a Phillips/McInnes sandwich coming up to turn 2 and got squeezed. This bump damaged my left front suspension and I had a difficult race after that. The car handled very badly, spinning at turn 3 and finding myself last, then a couple more spins trying to pass S Barsby, who's driving was somewhat unpredictable. Pulled a textbook pass on Leonard Mills into turn 1 towards the end, pinching 10th which is where I finished, 1 lap down.

Race 2:
Started 11th again. Not a bad start but not as brilliant as R1. Kept myself out of trouble for the first lap, found myself 10th.
Got passed by Wayne who was much faster, but then L Jest had a spin at the chicane and I moved up to 10th again. Managed to keep him behind for 2 full laps until I made a mistake out of 3 and 4 and he sailed past on the run to 5.
From there was quietly gaining places as people crashed out until lap 9 when I span at turn 4 again, losing my 8th place to Scott Beck.
Ran quietly in 9th until the last lap I was coming up to lap Barsby approaching the final chicane. I was much faster on the straight and he moved off the racing line. I took the line but he started to squeeze. when he realised I was there he darted left again but I had already backed off. He moved aside going through the chicane and I went inside, but in my eagerness to clear him I wheelspinned into the grass. I got back on track and underway just before losing my place to Martinho.
Crossed the line 9th, but Martinho, not realising the race was over and I was slowing down, slammed into the back of me.

Good fun, but half way through the second race I was getting noticeably tired and slowing. I'm just really really happy I finished both races.

Kyle,see race 2,lap 4,entry to turn 2. Ask Mr Bulgin and Mr Fraczek what they think ;-)
Q1- P8 on a 1:32 guff! lol I didn't get a good run at all!
R1- Made an ok start,sorry for the squeeze Mr Morgan,that Mr Phillips came out of nowhere and it got real tight!
By lap 4 i was running P3 after Ben pitted with damage. On lap 6 Andreas and i had a good battle when on lap 7 i ran wide at turn 1 and he got real close to me exiting turn 3,we ran through turn 5 then 6,side by side with me dropping a position,then at turn 8 i got up the inside of him and we touched slightly and i lost the rear a little and he got away from me,that allowed Martin to get a run on me and sailed past me leaving me in P5. Martin later crashed out after hitting the barrier on the last corner.
Q2- P6 with a.....i don't know?
R2- Made an ok start and by lap 2 i was running with Andreas and the others,keeping then in sight and managing to stay with them.
Martin ran wide on the exit of the final chicane and i take P4.
On lap 5.......i get another HP update! Again,i'm kicked to my desktop and i lost 4 places while i cancel the update and return to the game in P9.
I just got my head down but i wondered why i was getting so hot!?! My lovely wife had switched on the central heating,i sit only 18 inches from it! lmao Man it got real hot! Just like the real thing lol
Martin pitted and i moved up to P6.
Poor performance from me tonight. I should have done better really. My quali set up was good for a 1:31.484 in practise and in race trim it was capable of a 1:34.894.
Thanks to Adam and RD.
Well done guys ;-)

Q1: 8th
R1: RET after suspension problems (not from hitting walls but from when overtaking cars have barged past).
Q2: Couldn't get a lap together. 10th
R2: Followed Ferry's advice to do a 2 stopper on qualis and it was working really well. At the start I lunged into turn 1 and I was 7th after the 1st lap. After a few laps I was thinking of doing my first stop when the car mysteriously broke traction YET AGAIN. Wheel gone.
Really annoyed, so annoyed that I threw my wheel onto the floor in frustration as I was driving normally but the car just f***ed up again, that 2 stopper could have worked really well and they were my best quali positions and I was on for a really good result in R2.

Well, you actually took me out (as well as M. Bulgin) which cost me several positions drop. Then, I saw you soon crashed so didn't complain anymore that you didn't wait for me lol.
This is still racing anyway and I can understand it can happen to everyone once in a time, but what made me sad is that, as I noticed, you were cutting chicane badly at least several times, thus resulting in better lap time. I always thought we have simple rule "at least 2 wheels always on tarmac" :(

Well my night was hardwork but i enjoyed it to a point theres some really fast lads on here they were coming so fast from behind me i had been trying to stay on one line rather then move over but at times i got it wrong some times right , i no i am no the fastest on here by along way but sure makes it interesting lol not quite got to grips with the car well it seems that i have but lap times don t Think i must try harder or try some settys which would help ,if any of the fast guys can help that would be great for next time as i am in need of some help over all enjoyed it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back