rF2 F1 1992 @ Nurburgring - Sun August 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
if you can go round with out hitting cars and not spinning off all of the time

Well, that's the problem. After a whole day yesterday the best I could manage was 2 full laps without spinning or hitting something.

@ Chris, I kinda leave it as default, I don't really know how car setups work... If anyone is willing to offer a setup I'd be very grateful :)
My best time yesterday was a 1:43.9, although that seems to be a fluke as I average in the 1:46s...

EDIT= I've given it another practice this morning. I'm getting better at keeping it on the track, however I usually end up re-decorating a wall before the 6th lap. And my crashes and spins always happen accelerating out of the corners. Still 10 seconds slower than the AI on what is for me a good lap. :(

I can send you mine, it's based on one from Steve O'Malley and they are very good. Just be careful with rear locking in turn 1, you may want to crank the brake bias towards the front on the straight so that the rears don't lock and send the back end of the car around.
Although I have noticed less traction on ISI Nurburg than on other circuits. EG at Rouen I could slam the throttle on out of the hairpin with minimal wheelspin, with very little downforce due to the high-speed nature of the circuit. Maybe it's just a bad TDF on this week's track?

Kyle, I have PM'd my email. Thanks :)

I'm starting to get some consistency now, 10 successive laps with only a little spin on lap 3, then on lap 11 I got it very wrong going into 8 and hit the wall very hard coming out of 9.
It nice to have an accident not caused by traction for a change. I simply got my line wrong and jumped a kerb.

Sorry guys, I would love to race this one, but I am going to Infineon to watch the Indy race. Next week. Too bad because this is one of my favorite tracks.

Luke,

when i started here with this mod i had the same problem getting the throttle down without the rears spinning up!
I found a slightly longer 2nd gear helped me. Steves set up might have that in mind anyway, I usually don't go down to 1st gear even through a hairpin,i use 2nd gear,which i think makes me slower on exit but,i don't spin up!
Using someones set up doesn't always work i've found. It depends on the driving style you have and the guy you get the set up from.
Also,have a look at your peddle setting in rFactor? You should be able to tweak it so you get a longer pedal which will give you a smoother feed on the pedal when you push it.
Try not to 'floor' the throttle all the time? Try and feed it in which should give you a smoother delivery,less wheel spin.
Also,talk to the guys when you're online,find out what wing levels,rad sizes,ride height and endless other things lol
Once you have a good balance on the car,then you'll be able to stay on track for longer which will give you more experience,then,the speed will come too :)
It probably took me 2 or 3 months before i could handle these cars,and it's still not perfect! I'm a slow learner lol
If you stick at it,you'll get better,be patient Luke.
Kyle will give you ALL the help you need lol and more ;-)

Kyle will give you ALL the help you need lol and more ;-)
I know what it feels like to be in his position. Only a month or so ago. :)
Little story for you Luke - first 2 events for me, A1-Ring and Brands Hatch. Crashed in all 4 races , although one of the Brands DNFs was someone bogging down right in front of me at the start. Next event in Detroit, I got my first finish. On a street circuit. Bit weird considering I spent most of my time crashing on more open tracks.
Still, it shows that the track doesn't necessarily make driving easier, experience counts. I found that Steve's setups really work for me and I went from being about 2 or 3 seconds off his pace (with my setup) to about 6 tenths off (with his) so setup counts in this mod as well. I found the car to be slightly more tail-happy on the curbs but the car actually turned in to the corner unlike my previous setup where it was as if there was no steering wheel.
Although, with Mohan and MBoz, it's a completely different story of alien speed. :tongue:

Since the practice server has been gone for the last few hours, I can't ask anyone in the game.
Is there a way to turn down the volume of the opponents engines a bit? I've tried the opponents engine volume slider in the audio options but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Been doing some practice offline with AI and when I'm in a pack of cars the other engines around me are so loud they completely drown out my own. When I can't hear what my engine is doing I make silly mistakes like not shifting gears properly or wheelspinning.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 442 39.6%