Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did you install the mod or the snapshot provided here?

First, which version did you install? If you are new to use this mod, I strongly recommend not using snapshot.
I tried both the release and the snapshot.
And also download debugview and run it prior start AMS, then report output message and detail message of dialog on crash.
OK, I will do...
Check evoHUD.ini in the game root folder. It should read as follows (if you are using SweetFX in Automobilista) -
[General]
OriginalD3D9DLL = d3d9_2.dll

See details in Post #102
I did try with and without the ini file.

very nice plugin thanks kenken
btw i find the hud still appears in instant replay mode ,wondering is it normal or just i cocked up somewhere (followed the instruction)

evoHUD snapshot 200(development branch)

This is latest development build. Please use this at your own risk and report anything odd behavior. When you report a bug of this version, please write version(1.X.X release or snapshot XXX) which you use.

This snapshot includes temporary fix to replay mode. It has a glitch when AI drives player vehicle. I'm still seeking better solution, but I don't think it's easy to fix.(I won't consider direct memory access despite I already found it because it depends on ams.exe version.)

changelog since 1.3.0-release:
  • added page down('/?' key) and up(';:' key) key to timing widget.
  • fixed select wrong track layout for track map
  • fixed not show pitboard on first lap at race.
  • change order pedal inputs in dashboard.
  • fixed jerky motion of track map
  • optimized track map drawing
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7qpch5oeu57ogu4/evoHUD-snapshot200.7z

After fully uninstalling and reinstalling AMS, the HUD is working fine now.
I have to congratulate you for your efforts. It doesn't seem to affect the performance at all, and it doesn't produce the stuttering DynHUD is known for. Thank you.

I don't decide yet. I might skip RC.
Something new incoming??? :D
I saw a gear icon on newicons.dds :whistling:

GRAB_036.JPG
GRAB_037.JPG

Btw, it looks great!

Last edited:
sorry to be a pain but I need full explicit instructions for installing. I've copied the first line of instructions but what about the evoHud.ini and evoHud-virtualmirrors.nut, do they get copied and if so to where? I'm not planning on using any other Hud.

sorry to be a pain but I need full explicit instructions for installing. I've copied the first line of instructions but what about the evoHud.ini and evoHud-virtualmirrors.nut, do they get copied and if so to where? I'm not planning on using any other Hud.
Installation
  1. copy d3d9.dll, evoHUD.nut and plugins to game root folder.(evoHUD-virtualmirrors.nut is for layout with virtual mirrors)
You should use only one .nut file, choose the one you prefer.
The .ini file should be copied to game root folder too.

Basically DaVeX↯ said everything.

If I might add,
Ini file only needs to copy if you use with other graphical plugins. Graphical plugin means any kind of using modified d3d9.dll(not only hud, but sweetfx or color adjustment).

evoHud-virtualmirrors.nut has same functionality as default nut, except layout is altered for the presence of virtual mirrors. if you don't use virtual mirrors, you don't need to copy it.

Really liking the HUD so far, only big thing missing for me is starting lights especially when you are at the back of the grid. What are the chances of these being added or have i missed them somewhere?

Thanks for all your efforts

Really liking the HUD so far, only big thing missing for me is starting lights especially when you are at the back of the grid. What are the chances of these being added or have i missed them somewhere?

Thanks for all your efforts
Personally, I don't need it. That's why it doesn't implement.

I'll consider it if there are many requests.

I'll put my hand up for starting lights. Sitting at the back of the grid at some of the vintage tracks makes seeing the lights impossible.
Would be great if you could think about implementing it at some stage.

- when reached max rev gear number should flash red, rev bar should flash all togheter
- engine, oil, water, fuel icons on dashboard should change color based on status (grey = all clear, orange = sligthly damaged, red = heavy damage, flashing red = dead)
Can you give a +1 to this too :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea