EnduRacers Endurance Series Mod Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
EnduRacers Endurance Series.jpg

Things have been a little quiet from the EnduRacers team since the hugely successful release of their Flat6 Series mod for rFactor 2 recently, but the guys and girls over at this talented modding team have now released some interesting news regarding the upcoming Endurance Series mod.

With a proposed multi-build release schedule featuring a number of high profile and desirable vehicles from the world of Endurance racing with 4 LMP2 class cars and 6 GTE specification machines already confirmed and further models and features to be announced at a later date.

To help support and grow the huge rF2 mod the team over at EnduRacers have recently announced a collaboration with payware mod team United Racing Designs to share 3D models amongst themselves aimed to help bring further cars in a quicker timeframe to the Endurance Series modification.

EnduRacers released the following statement on the new collaboration:

"EnduRacers Modding Team and United Racing Design agrees graphic resources exchanges.

EnduRacers is happy to communicate that we have agreed with URD team some graphic resources sharing's, within the development of our own mods. The agreement will benefit each team to use some 3D models created by the other one for free activities.

Each team remains free to develop any 3D model without limitation. For Enduracers this agreement will help us keep the Endurance Series rF2 mod alive after the upcoming build 1.00 release, knowing that we are suffering skills and available talents to develop new 3D models. The first concrete application for Enduracers is the integration of the Corvette C6.R (GTE spec) and the Corvette C7.R Stingray. The C6 will be included in the first release, and the C7 in a upcoming build."

EnduRacers Endurance Series URD Resource Sharing.jpg

Despite URD previously releasing payware mods based on unbranded GT racing cars (EGT Series) and Prototype style vehicles (PX1) as well as DTM esq touring cars (T5 Series) it is not thought this new collaboration will have any effect on the EnduRacers intention to release Endurance Series free to all owners of the rFactor 2 software.

For many this is welcome news and offers encouraging possibilities for the hotly anticipated new rFactor 2 mod as the team over at EnduRacers have admitted they are suffering from a lack of 3D moddlers capable of producing new content for the sim. Currently URD have models for LMP1 and GT specification cars that could theoretically be utilised in the new Endurance Series mod.

As revealed in our recent interview with Image Space Incorporated the team responsible for rFactor 2 are looking to incorporate a 2016 specification Formula One car into the sim in coming months and that new addition should also bring with it hybrid motor simulation that is currently prevalent in LMP1 and World Endurance Series style racing these last few years.

With the possibility of a fleet of recent era LMP1 models available to utilise coupled with upcoming hybrid simulation and plethora of LMP2 and GTE series cars already in the works the potential for EnduRacers to produce something rather epic with this mod have just gone through the roof with this latest announcement.

I was already excited about how this mod is progressing and this latest news is another positive sign that the people behind the Flat 6 Series and older rF1 versions of Endurance Series are on to a very big project that could be just what the doctor ordered for the low on content rFactor 2 simulation.

To help pass the time while we wait on further news why not check out our rFactor 2 forum for all the latest news and mods or take in a couple of our highly entertaining Club Race events in ISI's flagship simulator right here on RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to the next EnduRacers release? Did you play the Endurance Series mod on rF1? What are your expectations for the rF2 release? Do you think the collaboration between URD and EnduRacers is a good or bad thing? Let us know below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not changing anything, just stating facts. To each his own anyway.
If you want to expect too much from people that make it obvious won't be able to act like a professional company just because you decided to pay I wish you good luck, nuff said. :thumbsup: :D

There is a whole lot of double speak (changing meanings of words, See George Orwell) when it comes to 21 century economics. :D You pay me but you shouldn't expect anything other than what I decide to give you. Even if your expectations are reasonable. ;)

Do like me: don't pay till it's done. No stress :) that's the beauty of capitalism, you do whatever you want with your money, if you consider the chance of someone giving a bad service don't give them your money. Isn't that easy? To me it is.
That's why I didn't buy URD mod yet, I know what to expect from them. A good job, yes sure. But in a very long time. So why bother for now? Just for the sake of complaining? Well it's your money if you want to buy the "right of complaining" you are free to do it :D

Last edited:
Yep me too, URD can't even finish the physics on the EGT mod. (lookin' for the CPM udate) and other fix's

btw I don't do crowdfunding or beta's

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

I wonder how this impacts people who bought URD PX1 and are still waiting for them to deliver.

I suspect they will receive models to some of the LMP2 cars in exchange, and maybe some of the URD artists will help out EnduRacers when there's any spare time.

Isn't getting paid the definition of professional?:)
Look and GT racing as an example, Pro AM drivers. Definition = A Pro is a Person who actually makes a living from their Profesion , AM = Is someone who doesn't make a living as sole income from this profesion.
In modding I still see "payware" as highly skilled Amature's , as they would usually have another job. you go Pro in this business then you either create a studio or join one like SMS, ISI , Sector 3 and so on.
I don't think URD make enough from mods to live off. ;)

Your just making up your own definitions. I have friends that have been pro drivers for years and they have second jobs, they are still pro drivers, cause they get paid .

If they charge for their product, they are a business, they pay taxes or should and work under laws. Just cause you guys wanna see it another way doesn't make it a so. What does going pro in business mean, do you think modders are athletes or something, sim racing thinks it works out side of all precedent and norms. They are artists and techs that got good enough at their craft to start charging for it. Nothing more nothing less.

What I'm reading from the post is that Enduracers are getting the free Corvette 3d models that are already completed and all Enduracers have to do is add Physics, If I am reading this right there is nothing for URD to do other than send the files over, right?

The Corvettes are the first concrete application, but the discussion with URD is not only with corvettes. Same on the other side. But both team remains free of their strategies and future, it's only a matter of allowing discussion and agreements when one team is interested in a 3d model from the other team, and allow easy way to exchange files together.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back