DTM 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just adding up to my first review of the cars i have to say that the audi is probably the best car for starters cause it seems generally easier to reach the limit from the time you get used to its size and its lazy turning.Again the m3 seems the racers choice with its nimble handling,it just needs a delicate touch of throttle and keeping at high revs (6500 to 9500 rpm) window.Nothing to add at Mustang nor at the 190e.As for the Opel i believe that it has a lower limit than the m3 and the blue oval so it needs a good pair of hands to be competitive.

The sound of the Mustang is hypnotic. Its crazy and beautiful at the same time. If you drive it, even if you hate muscle cars, you will end up driving it just a bit longer than you thought you would. Doesn't make it the best car but I, for one, am glad its in there.

yep , but for me getting around a loosly worded rule is part of the game , but i believe they did more than twist a few words ...

Their solution was to replace the cross-plane crankshaft with a flat-plane crankshaft, allowing the engine to rev much higher. Trouble was that the rules did not permit this, so Audi initially convinced the governing body that they had created the flat-plane crank by twisting the stock component.

thats a big fib

Andi

I tend to agree with that. Didn't it still have the part number for the legal crankshaft on it, adding an extra layer of deception? I'm all for finding/exploiting loopholes in the rules, that's where you sometimes see the true cleverness of engineers. But in this case it was blatant deception and the attempts to cover their tracks by using old part numbers is a bit across the line of fair play.

That being said, I'm still gonna drive the s**t out of this car in the game from time to time. :D

Fair points but still I disagree.
  1. Like I already wrote Audi never tried to hide what they did with the crankshaft. If they wanted to cheat they wouldn't have done that. So no deception here.
  2. The crankshaft was not replaced by another crankshaft. A crankshaft is not a single part, but consists of parts that get pressed together in a certain angle. And the crankshaft for the racing engine was put together in another angle than the one for the road car. So it still consists of the same parts as the "normal" one. And this is where the loophole was. The rules said, that the engine parts need to be from the production car, they did not say how they have to be put together. This also explains why the crankshaft had original part numbers on them - they really were original. Of course this is hairsplitting, but considering point 1. you can't accuse Audi of doing something wrong. The ONS could have forbidden the crankshaft from the beginning what they didn't. Audi wasn't even revoked the points they gathered with the modified crankshaft - another sign that the crankshaft was considered legal for the time Audi used it.
Still I think the way Audi quit DTM was uncool to say the least. If they were cool, they had accepted the judgement. As a consequence they would probably not have won the chamionship (whinig all along of course). And maybe for the following year ONS might have taken away a bit of the extra weight, putting the Audi back on equal ground. But sadly this did not happen. I don't know why the people involved were so stubborn back then.

sorry to break up all the tech hot air here, just wanted to say had a great race with the 92s at Moscow, on my old DFGT felt awesome, ffb dialled in really well now..

im contemplating a TX not sure now its worth it...?! :(

I think I am...mate :)

you know whats its like on a verge to get a new wheel, then u think wait this old thing aint that bad lol how much different can it be..

anyway great job S3 with these cars best of the bunch!!

Well, sorry for this little off topic but I have to tell to someone :) I've just ended a race driving the Mercedes on Bathurst and I can say its been one of the best experiences on my short simracing life; incredible inmersion!!, maybe not hiperrealistic graphics, but the lighting (take an eye on this Kunos), the highly detailed track and surroundings, the marvelous sound and the fantastic FFB put a smile on my face for 15 minutes; started 5 and finished 8, but who cares?

...maybe not hiperrealistic graphics, but the lighting (take an eye on this Kunos), the highly detailed track and surroundings...
This might even make your eye-candy experience a little better
I don't remember if I posted this here already but on Steam I've put 4 comparison screenshots of the 4 "moods" available in the R3E folders (and the way to enable them)
Take a look at this: ;););)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/211500/discussions/1/624075566747738048/#c624075566769660022

Well, sorry for this little off topic but I have to tell to someone :) I've just ended a race driving the Mercedes on Bathurst and I can say its been one of the best experiences on my short simracing life; incredible inmersion!!, maybe not hiperrealistic graphics, but the lighting (take an eye on this Kunos), the highly detailed track and surroundings, the marvelous sound and the fantastic FFB put a smile on my face for 15 minutes; started 5 and finished 8, but who cares?

If you think this is nice, wait till we get nissan r90ck and audi r18 2011

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back