DTM 92!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you hear someone say they "know" what simracing should "feel" like, but find that they have not yet tried RRE... Let them try the DTM92 content, in particular the Merc EVO in a full grid race with the sound turned up and a good wheel.

Then watch them re-evaluate their entire standpoint.

This content is THAT good. And the RRE platform goes from strength to strength.

I can't stop enjoying this.

MAJOR kudos to S3 for this content. And well, the updates to the platform as well...

Loving this new content pack too. I only used the Mustang so far but its such a joy to drive.

Wait until you try some of the others, the Mustang is the "worst" of the ones I've tried. But that's how the real car was from all accounts, really fast but not so good at the braking and turning, and I like that they've replicated that in the game. Adds an extra challenge. The Merc and Bimmer are great all around (haven't tried the other two yet).

Wait until you try some of the others, the Mustang is the "worst" of the ones I've tried. But that's how the real car was from all accounts, really fast but not so good at the braking and turning, and I like that they've replicated that in the game. Adds an extra challenge. The Merc and Bimmer are great all around (haven't tried the other two yet).

I'm sure they're all great fun. I know the Mustang didn't do that well in the 92 DTM. That being said, its got gobs of power and I love running down the BMW's and Merc's in the straights.

I'm sure they're all great fun. I know the Mustang didn't do that well in the 92 DTM. That being said, its got gobs of power and I love running down the BMW's and Merc's in the straights.
The Mustang clearly takes the price of looking and sounding awesome in my taste!! :inlove:
And I'm second fastest in that car..

The Merc's feels most stable imo.

But my favorite is the Audi! :thumbsup:
It feels like a tamed version of it's big Tiger brother, 90 Quattro IMSA GTO!! :sneaky::roflmao:

The Mustang clearly takes the price of looking and sounding awesome in my taste!! :inlove:
And I'm second fastest in that car..

The Merc's feels most stable imo.

But my favorite is the Audi! :thumbsup:
It feels like a tamed version of it's big Tiger brother, 90 Quattro IMSA GTO!! :sneaky::roflmao:
The Audi is a really different drive, so much understeer unless you treat it bad and throw it around like a wet noodle, then it drives great :p
Love how different these cars feel, an truly awesome pack which has me glued to R3E atm :)

to be honest ,i stick with the beemer for loads of reason ;

a genuine hate of american muscle cars (great for drag racing)

the audi shouldnt really be there in my opinion ...;(audi cheated and car got banned , and it was a huge cheat that made them withdraw and sulk for many years) also its 4wd

Mercedes bit of a super tanker .really solid car brilliant fun , but doesnt feel like it will squeeze in a small gap though

opel ....; is ok too , just not the noise i want to hear constantly

the beemer just speaks to me

and i have spent a good while in these cars , testing them ....

so as i said ....its the beemer for me

Andi

the audi shouldnt really be there in my opinion ...;(audi cheated and car got banned , and it was a huge cheat that made them withdraw and sulk for many years) also its 4wd

I really wouldn't say that Audi cheated. They used a modified version of the original crankshaft that was declared to be legal twice by the ONS after BMW and Mercedes entered a protest against it. It was not before a third appeal trial when the ONS finally declared the crankshaft illegal. After that Audi left DTM. The reason was that they had even more penalty weight added at the beginning of the year and didn't see a chance to be still competitive without more power. Furthermore in the few races they did in 1992 they had a lot of tyre failures due to the high weight of the car.

So during the time Audi used the crankshaft it was still declared legal. And Audi never tried to hide the modification. So this can hardly be described as cheating. They used a loophole in the regulations - every motorsport-engineer tries to find loopholes to achieve a gain compared to his competitors. I see nothing bad about it. Audi made a precedent, the loophole got closed and Audi took the consequences.

I too had wished for another ending of this matter. Like the ONS takes away a bit of the additional weight while Audi goes back to the original crankshaft or something like this. But it seems like the ONS wanted to make an example of Audi and Audi left DTM like a crybaby. I mean Audi won both previous DTM seasons - not with a big gap though. Kind of a lose-lose-lose-situation (DTM lost Audi, Audi lost DTM and the fans lost Audi in DTM). There are too many dickheads sometimes... ;)

Reference on Wikipedia (german).

yep , but for me getting around a loosly worded rule is part of the game , but i believe they did more than twist a few words ...

Their solution was to replace the cross-plane crankshaft with a flat-plane crankshaft, allowing the engine to rev much higher. Trouble was that the rules did not permit this, so Audi initially convinced the governing body that they had created the flat-plane crank by twisting the stock component.

thats a big fib

Andi

yep , but for me getting around a loosly worded rule is part of the game , but i believe they did more than twist a few words ...

Their solution was to replace the cross-plane crankshaft with a flat-plane crankshaft, allowing the engine to rev much higher. Trouble was that the rules did not permit this, so Audi initially convinced the governing body that they had created the flat-plane crank by twisting the stock component.

thats a big fib

Andi

I tend to agree with that. Didn't it still have the part number for the legal crankshaft on it, adding an extra layer of deception? I'm all for finding/exploiting loopholes in the rules, that's where you sometimes see the true cleverness of engineers. But in this case it was blatant deception and the attempts to cover their tracks by using old part numbers is a bit across the line of fair play.

That being said, I'm still gonna drive the s**t out of this car in the game from time to time. :D

to be honest ,i stick with the beemer for loads of reason ;

a genuine hate of american muscle cars (great for drag racing)

Mercedes bit of a super tanker .really solid car brilliant fun , but doesnt feel like it will squeeze in a small gap though

opel ....; is ok too , just not the noise i want to hear constantly

the beemer just speaks to me

and i have spent a good while in these cars , testing them ....

so as i said ....its the beemer for me

Andi

The thing is Andi, Americans started muscle cars but they have cars that handle well too. The new Mustang Boss and all versions of the Corvette are top notch.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%