AC DRM Revival @ Riverside Int. Raceway Long - Fri 13Apr18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi all, the Convict returns.:)
Well, come hell or high water, rain hail or snow I'll be in a Capri Gr5 (aka Morod Aero) for this one, see how we are towards the end of the week, but if the weekend is anything to go by the cortisone shots I had Friday have had the desired affect, in fact the relief was almost instant, I'm still spose to take it easy for 2 weeks, but how can I not race these monsters on wheels, for me they are the most exiting cars to drive........period:thumbsup:
Looking forward to this one:D:thumbsup:
Maybe it’s time to get a game pad for the time until you are not walking on a stick again.

We’d hate to see you take a break again.

Alright, so to specify a car, I'll be running in the Yamamoto 1/Toyota Supra. Not the fastest car by quite a few seconds, but I'm really inconsistent and uncomfortable in the Ferrari and the M1, which I feel I'm much faster in.

Hey @Bobby Pennington it would be great if this pack of original liveries could be added to the recommended downloads and we could have more skins available (if that doesn't complicate things with running the event of course). In any case I highly recommend that skin package:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/drm-revival-real-skin-pack.20506/

... sooooo where are you all?
Care to spend the Sunday with some wet, hot and saucy Gr.5 action?
Sure I can get them and we can use them. I would have driven today, but it was Masters Sunday soooooooooooooo:D

Bobby, I know already very sure that I will be on the way to the racetrack that morning but could you please sign me up nevertheless in a Porsche 935 K3 (thats what they call the 3H 1)?

Also the full skin pack is already available here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/drm-revival-real-skin-pack.20506/
Now why would you want me to sign you up when you know you're not racing. Are you messing with me or do you think you're going to run? You know I want you to run with us.

Sign me up thanks. I'll take one those Brutal M1 BMs. After some tests, I think the 308 is the pick of the litter and I'll take one with the added mo.
Magnum_PI_Still.jpg
You're all signed up:)

Hi all, the Convict returns.:)
Well, come hell or high water, rain hail or snow I'll be in a Capri Gr5 (aka Morod Aero) for this one, see how we are towards the end of the week, but if the weekend is anything to go by the cortisone shots I had Friday have had the desired affect, in fact the relief was almost instant, I'm still spose to take it easy for 2 weeks, but how can I not race these monsters on wheels, for me they are the most exiting cars to drive........period:thumbsup:
Looking forward to this one:D:thumbsup:
giphy.gif

He's alive and coming back, yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy:thumbsup::):inlove:
Nice choice of car as well:D

They are divided in Div.1 and Div.2, but I have no clue which car is in which div :roflmao:

Rough translation of a comment in a german forum from one of the modders concerning the divisions:
Actually there are div1 and 2, but not really as there are cars from 1976 to 1980 in the mod. In 1980 div1 and 2 were rather close together.
But if compare the lap times on Monza, there's 7 sec gap between the carma and the rmt 1001 (div1 and 2) Even the fuel consumption can´t make up this difference

on the other hand, if you compare the lap times on Monza of the Yamamoto and lardo, there might be only a 2-3 sec gap and they´re also div.1 and 2. And on nürburgring GP a div1 car definitely has to pit in a 60 min race and a div.2 car not.

Also we placed the weight penalties that they don´t ruin the driving pleasure but still increase the lap time
Jonas, thanks for helping out:thumbsup: Do you want me to sign you up or are you not sure? Just let me know.

Hey guys, since many of you have declared a car, please look this over and let me know if you want version 1 or 2. I'm not sure it makes a difference, but if you look at some of them it's simply a different type skin while others have subtle changes to the model like on the Yamamoto Delikata 1 and 2. They might have actual aero differences, they may not. I've go too much going on to test them all. This first race is just to get our feet wet and see if we have any issues or notice any differences etc etc.

You may also want to pick up the skinpack. 136 skins is a lot to sort through so I may or may not get all the relevant ones in there.

• Carma 1 and 2
  • Lardo Monastir 1 and 2
  • Marod Aero
  • Marod Scream
  • Puriano 1H 1 and 2
  • Puriano 3H 1 and 2
  • RMT 1001 1 and 2
  • RMT 120 1 and 2
  • RMT 1N
  • Yamamoto Delikata 1 and 2
I've made the change in the original post as well.

Alright, so to specify a car, I'll be running in the Yamamoto 1/Toyota Supra. Not the fastest car by quite a few seconds, but I'm really inconsistent and uncomfortable in the Ferrari and the M1, which I feel I'm much faster in.
I have only tested each and everyone of the cars with their stock setup (and for the first time with a mod I find almost all of them really well sorted setup wise).

With the stock setup I could jump into the Toyota and was immediately within a second of my fastest Porsche 935 K3 times - you can really grab that Toyota Supra and wrangle and throw it around - that's how it likes it.
It will understeer in some longer faster corners - just kick it in the butt, add throttle and it will beautifully steer with the rear end out of those corners.
This Riverside track and these Gr.5 cars are a match made in HEAVEN - such a beautiful combination!
Thanks @Bobby Pennington for that pick!

Sure I can get them and we can use them. I would have driven today, but it was Masters Sunday soooooooooooooo:D
Ahhhh, the game with the tiny balls and thin sticks.
I understand you ;-)

Now why would you want me to sign you up when you know you're not racing. Are you messing with me or do you think you're going to run? You know I want you to run with us.
You know I am always messing with you whenever I can but on a serious note: I have unwillingly and accidentally missed out on every single race with your hooligans for such a long time, then The Chancer comes up with a club racing event like this (you KNOW I LOOOOOVE this stuff !!!) I just cannot miss this.
The only issue is that it's on a Saturday morning at the exact time when I am usually stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the F1 track for this weeks Chinese F1 GP and have tickets worth a few hundred Euros.
If you allow me, I would love to sign up and when the stars line up right, I'd rather race a Gr.5 Porsche 935 K3 around Riverside with you lot than taking pictures of flip flops turbo farting around the Shanghai International Circuit.

If the chance I might quit out of the signup in the last minute as of great weather and all … I understand if you would like me off the list of course :-(
If there is a full house you could just push me off the list maybe ;-)

Hey guys, since many of you have declared a car, please look this over and let me know if you want version 1 or 2. I'm not sure it makes a difference, but if you look at some of them it's simply a different type skin while others have subtle changes to the model like on the Yamamoto Delikata 1 and 2. They might have actual aero differences, they may not. I've go too much going on to test them all. This first race is just to get our feet wet and see if we have any issues or notice any differences etc etc.

You may also want to pick up the skinpack. 136 skins is a lot to sort through so I may or may not get all the relevant ones in there.

• Carma 1 and 2
  • Lardo Monastir 1 and 2
  • Marod Aero
  • Marod Scream
  • Puriano 1H 1 and 2
  • Puriano 3H 1 and 2
  • RMT 1001 1 and 2
  • RMT 120 1 and 2
  • RMT 1N
  • Yamamoto Delikata 1 and 2
I've made the change in the original post as well.

I'd like that "Puriano 3H 1" please - I too do not know yet if there are any physics differences between some of the 1 and 2 versions - I saw some of them look apart from the selection of liveries (one version DRM, the other IMSA related).

Thanks @Bobby Pennington for that pick!
You're welcome and yes I'll sign you up with the Puriano 3H 1. Maybe just maybe you get to do this and the F1 thing.

Now this old guy must get his tail in the bed. Let me know if you can practice one night / morning at our usual time of 20:00EDT / 00:00GMT. Maybe we can get @Brewer @Celtic Pharaoh @Allan Ramsbottom @InsaneOzzie @Keith_G @Eugene Abramoff @JoelK @CptAsian and anyone else that need some good old verbal abuse while driving:D

You're welcome and yes I'll sign you up with the Puriano 3H 1. Maybe just maybe you get to do this and the F1 thing.

Now this old guy must get his tail in the bed. Let me know if you can practice one night / morning at our usual time of 20:00EDT / 00:00GMT. Maybe we can get @Brewer @Celtic Pharaoh @Allan Ramsbottom @InsaneOzzie @Keith_G @Eugene Abramoff @JoelK @CptAsian and anyone else that need some good old verbal abuse while driving:D
If I understand what you mean correctly, I'm certainly up for some practice this week. I need it, and these cars, especially at RIR, are quite a bit of fun once you get used to them.
That's something I meant to mention in my last post, and I totally forgot. I didn't have high expectations for RIR since I usually dislike these sorts of circuits, but I really like this one for some reason. I did some testing on it in Group C cars before I purchased the Group 5 cars, and that's a fantastic combo as well.

Maybe it’s time to get a game pad for the time until you are not walking on a stick again.

We’d hate to see you take a break again.
Been there tried that failed miserably mate:roflmao:
As long as I take it easy between now and Saterday morning should be "all good":thumbsup: I'm a stubborn old Convict, if ya hadn't noticed:whistling::whistling:

Thanks you old Amerikaner you ;-)
That training session sounds like a good idea - I keep my eyes on the server during those days I have time. If you guys do too we may just run into each other!

Been there tried that failed miserably mate:roflmao:
As long as I take it easy between now and Saterday morning should be "all good":thumbsup: I'm a stubborn old Convict, if ya hadn't noticed:whistling::whistling:
You go it slow old man, … I mean … literally … go it slow, so the little pecker heckler Feathery Buaastaaard @Allan Ramsbottom has a chance of catching up without setting his feathery arse on fire after spitting out another transmission or an engine or two ;-)

I love ya too you bloody old booger eater ;-)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 80 60.2%