rF2 DRM Revival @ Mid-Ohio - Wednesday June 29th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
pz15Y.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM DRM
Mod:
DRM Revival 1.1 (For those who have v1.0 you can patch to v1.1 HERE)
Track: Mid-Ohio (No Chicane)

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:40 GMT: Warm-up
19:45 GMT: Race (1 Hour, Formation Lap + Rolling Start) (Read Note 3 for details)

Server password:
click here
Racing rules:
click here

Notes:

We recommend you read the manual beforehand which gives details about how to set up the game and the cars within the mod. English Manual German Manual

Do not over-rev the engine, particularly when in 1st gear, as this can easily lead to a blown engine.

This race will be a manual formation lap with a rolling start. This means that once the light goes green the leader gradually speeds up to around 120 km/h (75mph) and drives in this pace towards the last corner. All other cars follow in one line with the same speed. No brake test, no swaying. If you spin your car you drop back to last position and start from there. When exiting the last corner the leader can go full throttle and the rest of the pack follows. No overtaking before the start/finish line. The formation lap will count as part of the 1 hour race.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

[signuplist]153[/signuplist]

Great 1 hour event had some entertaining moments when the tires whent off and was drifting around the corners. As usual made up the tail end of the grid, but i wont let that get in the way of enjoying the events. Thanks LEE and RD.

I did try and give way to faster cars and at one time whent into the wall by getting to trigger happy with the right foot.

Awesome event. My racing has been appalling recently making newbish mistakes and just generaly not finishing races. Happy to say tonight broke the chain, no stopped in me Lancia and the car felt as good at the end as it did at the start, not a lick of paint missing either :).

Thanks all for Racing, Congrats Anders for the win and Thanks to Adam for organising awesome mod / track combination.

Awesome event guys.

Managed 3rd place in Quali with a 1.19.6 in the Capri.

Caught Sergio sleeping a little at the start, and managed to take him just after the start/finish to go into T1 in 2nd place. Chased Anders for a few laps and eventually managed to get past him into T3 on lap 9. He kept me honest though and couldnt pull away from him. In the end I succumbed to the pressure and spun it into T2 on lap 21.

Got out in 2nd and stayed there until I pitted on lap 25, chose not to change the tyres as it cost too much time and just took fuel. Came out in 3rd with Kjell 26 seconds up the road and Martin 5 behind. Martin slowly closed up and we had a great battle for the final podium spot. He had me coming out of the hairpin at T2 but just put too much power down and lost the back end.

Managed to hold 3rd til the finish but the car felt like it was on a skating rink. Not sure if I'll do that again :)

Gratz to Anders on the win and Kjell on 2nd. Really enjoyed this one. Something about a proper manual gearbox thats immense fun.

Thx Lee for stepping in as admin.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea