DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Good products sell themselves.
I will buy this, as long as it is reasonably priced...just as I bought RSS' stuff or Kunos' DLC.
Those, I consider to be reasonably priced.
I will support any good modding group, as long as the pricing...relative to the overall product is within limits.
Teams who come out charging $7 per car and $10 per track, for a game I purchased for $30-40 (just because they see others doing it) will never be supported....not by me anyway.
If a design studio can assemble core code, build multiple cars and tracks and still make money from volume sales, so can any modding team...especially since they're not usually saddled by licensing cost.

Last edited:
Lets be honest here, updates, and dlc for AC, will slow down or stop this year as they work on their next product.

Studio 397 are already considering allowing content creators that create content for rFactor 2 to sell and earn money rightly so, for their "Original scratch" made mods. So I see no reason in content creators doing the same for Assetto Corsa, actually if this does sell well in ac they should also do a payware version for rFactor 2.

I will defo buy this mod, quality deserves payment as development will slow down for ac, though if I buy the DRM mod, I will have to also purchase the RSS GT1 mod as well, as it looks like quality work.

Times have changed, the sims we enjoy have become more advanced with the vehicle physics, and visually looking more realistic.

Back of the sofa £/$1 donation does not cut it any more, when it comes to quality mods.

nice to see previews, but sad to see this would be a payware too,
obviously can't blame them, it's their decission and I do wish them all the best
I'm not a fan of payware mods, as I'd prefer more giving a donation, but what to do? Let's see how the standard version is..
Honestly I don't even know where is written this will be a payware mod.

Several months ago one of the team members stated that the plan was to release all the cars for free, but the cars would all share one set of physics and sounds. The proper sounds/physics would be available as a paymod; doing this (in theory) gets rid of the 'charging for trademarked property' legalities.

Several months ago one of the team members stated that the plan was to release all the cars for free, but the cars would all share one set of physics and sounds. The proper sounds/physics would be available as a paymod; doing this (in theory) gets rid of the 'charging for trademarked property' legalities.

IF, as you say, there is going to be two different sets of sounds/physics, would the two different cars be able to be raced on a common server, like SRS ... or would the cars need to have the same sounds/physics?

I'm not a computer or software kinda guy but I do believe I've heard that you cannot mix these things ... the files need to be exactly the same.

Of course they wouldn't be able to be raced together because the data acd files would be different. (unless the server was set up with both versions for some weird reason)

Best way to release would probably be to simply not have a data.acd with any of the cars, only a common data folder instead (IMO). The download you would receive upon payment would be the individual acd files along with the individual sfx folders.
No more Assetto Corsa? Was there an announcement, is this secret insider knowledge or just more griping about A/C?
Development on AC has reached the end, go read the end of the year announcement from Marco. (console still has one final bug fix patch along with the free Laguna Seca dlc forthcoming)

We make qualitatively high-quality mod and demand / expect money for it, it is your decision, how you classify your mods, share it for free and be happy

From the "WE" in the above quote, I'm guessing that you are on the DRM Revival team.

1. Any idea when this might be released?
2. I like paying for what I get, and do not ever expect much good for free. IF we buy the premium physics and sounds, will the DRM Revival Team be able to update the cars if (when!) AC makes changes?
3. I think this DRM revival set will will a huge void. Thank You Very Much! Only because I always ask ... Is there a chance that you guys could do a similar CAM AM Series, a Chaparral Pac and a Classic F1 Pac?:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back