DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Regarding payware.... I feel that maybe it is even better. I feel like paying makes people to appreciate the work much more. Rather than download for free, try for two laps and forget. As we have this situation in AC of having a million mods everywhere. Top quality mods should be treated as art work, and getting such things for free slowly starts to make no sense.

Of course making some stuff for free, for community is incredibly nice, giving is nice for giver also. But it is loosing its charm as soon as the giver starts being reduced and taken for granted. Like "maybe I will even donate for you", or "you are welcome to do this"... You know...

Of course the issue here is copyrights, intelectual properties and so. I guess you have to understand those things and measure things well.

Can't wait for the mod :)

Regarding payware.... I feel that maybe it is even better. I feel like paying makes people to appreciate the work much more. Rather than download for free, try for two laps and forget. As we have this situation in AC of having a million mods everywhere. Top quality mods should be treated as art work, and getting such things for free slowly starts to make no sense.

Of course making some stuff for free, for community is incredibly nice, giving is nice for giver also. But it is loosing its charm as soon as the giver starts being reduced and taken for granted. Like "maybe I will even donate for you", or "you are welcome to do this"... You know...

Of course the issue here is copyrights, intelectual properties and so. I guess you have to understand those things and measure things well.

Can't wait for the mod :)
Oh i absolutely will buy this mod. I even have a post over at the og thread stating i will pay 50 bucks in the end.

I just think IF racedepartment will allow drm to sell their real life name and liveries mod here, they should allow rallylegends mod team(and others) too.

Edit: RD re-opened the rallylegends thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
If i recall correctly the cars were going to be free downloadable content with generic sounds and physics. The pay ware part was going to be specific sounds and physics for each car which would be the intellectual property of the DRM modding team.

Given al the hard work, building all the cars from scratch and not ripping other content... This is a principle I can and definitely will support.

Last edited:
Hi!
Regarding paymods, I have a general question.

I am wondering about that copyright-issue with real brand-logos. As far as I know, carcompanys and/or their cardesigners also claim copyrights for special designparts on cars. Like BMW did for their nose-like radiatorgrill. Or Pininfarina with every design they made. That's one of the reasons, studios pay thousands and thousands of € for licences.

If the modders now rebuild the cars virtually, they also rebuild that copyrighted designparts as well. Wouldn't that be as illegal as using real brandlogos?

No offense to paymods, everybody has to decide by himself, wether it's worth your money or not.

I am wondering about that copyright-issue since I first heard about paymods. Because, literally, they do 3D-models with "stolen" designes.

Can somebody explain that to me?

Hi!
Regarding paymods, I have a general question.

I am wondering about that copyright-issue with real brand-logos. As far as I know, carcompanys and/or their cardesigners also claim copyrights for special designparts on cars. Like BMW did for their nose-like radiatorgrill. Or Pininfarina with every design they made. That's one of the reasons, studios pay thousands and thousands of € for licences.

If the modders now rebuild the cars virtually, they also rebuild that copyrighted designparts as well. Wouldn't that be as illegal as using real brandlogos?

No offense to paymods, everybody has to decide by himself, wether it's worth your money or not.

I am wondering about that copyright-issue since I first heard about paymods. Because, literally, they do 3D-models with "stolen" designes.

Can somebody explain that to me?

I don't know all the legal side of this but could it possibly be as the cars are no longer made or considered "historic" or "classic" they might be part of a grey area regarding the copyright on this.

For example, if a team did a modern F1, GP2, GP3, chargeable mod and gave it real liveries. Yes I can see that being pounced on almost immediately.

Maybe what the team will do is just be careful how they charge for the mod. As mentioned above if you pay for the physics work rather than the mod itself I guess that might work but they would have to be careful.

I'm of the view that if a mod has been well made, with a team that cares about the product I would happily pay for it, or donate.

Last edited:
Difficult stuff here. Physics and sounds are separable from the car mod but...are they considered a standalone thing? Does it works alone? (Yes I know they do, but are made to work with these cars) It’s definitely arguable if you can sell this physics and sounds and not break some copyright laws.

But I’m sure they will get a way to solve this. Mod looks great.

Looks great. Thanks Paul.

Now I don't mind paying for a mod if it is a good well made mod. But I do get upset when they don't update it for every update of the base game. Lets wait and see. :ninja:

Looks great. Thanks Paul.

Now I don't mind paying for a mod if it is a good well made mod. But I do get upset when they don't update it for every update of the base game. Lets wait and see. :ninja:

Yes that was my thought as well. Assetto Corsa is the one title that has the tendency to "break" mods with every update. I need to spring clean my install with all the cars that no longer work properly :(

• Deleted member 241736

Well, if this DRM mod has the quality and support and updates as the RSS GT1 mod, I will give my bucks without crying

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back