DRM Revival First Drive Video!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We get behind the wheel of the upcoming DRM Revival mod for Assetto Corsa... our first impressions..? Watch on to find out!

The DRM (Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft) ran throughout the '70s and early '80s with much appeal to fans of high octane motorsport action. Featuring some of the most aggressively styled and potent racing machines in modern motorsport, very quickly the championship became a firm favourite for both fans and drivers alike, attracting top Grand Prix talent of the era in the form of Hans Stuck, Klaus Ludwig and other top name talent, the series was perhaps more famous for the enviable selection of cars that pretty much defined a generation of touring and sportscar activity.

Now thanks to the DRM Modding Team, many of these iconic cars will be coming to Assetto Corsa in the very near future. Is the mod up to the high standards of the real world series? Watch our video to find out :)

Assetto Corsa, available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

DRM Revival First Drive.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Did you enjoy the video? Looking forward to trying the DRM Revival yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
***This is not meant to be offensive or aggressive by any means. ***

@Paul Jeffrey , i might be wrong but the last time i checked their thread, they were planning to make this mod payware. As far as i'm aware, they use (or at least used so far) real names real liveries and all that. You see, the recent lancia delta s4 payware thread was shutdown just for that. Will you allow drm guys to open a thread here and sell their mod with real name and real liveries? If so, wouldn't that be double standard? Not defending rallylegends team, they sure made a lot of mistakes with the payment/presentation part. Just curious.

Edit: RD re-opened the rallylegends thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing the preview.
I personally, am a big fan of the DRM mod since I followed the actual series.
I will definitely be purchasing this mod, as long as the price is reasonable.
I do see something in the video that is a bit odd.
During a few of the shots where the car is clearly accelerating, there are massive exhaust flames at the stack.
That would not be happening at that stage.
You might get a 'popping' flame on the up-shift due to unstable combustion, but the duration would be extremely short.
Those lengthy flame-fronts would occur mostly during deceleration, at places like the approaches to the chicane, La Source, Les Combes and turn 13 prior to Campus.
They're produced during fuel cut from the ECU, when the unburnt fuel in the cylinders is dumped and re-lit by the hot gases from the wastegate.
May want to adjust that a bit.
Still looks really great.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning. I can see a lot of dedicated work here. To those here that are not keen to pay for others efforts and work, do you always work for free. If so i have a long list for you.;)

@Paul Jeffrey , i might be wrong but the last time i checked their thread, they were planning to make this mod payware. As far as i'm aware, they use (or at least used so far) real names real liveries and all that. You see, the recent lancia delta s4 payware thread was shutdown just for that. Will you allow drm guys to open a thread here and sell their mod with real name and real liveries? If so, wouldn't that be double standard? Not defending rallylegends team, they sure made a lot of mistakes with the payment/presentation part. Just curious.

Just like the 935 DRM went full loophole, now im not sure if this is still the case but I do remember them talking about the options. They want two versions, standard and premium, you get the models but you get generic physics but the premium version has better physics and sounds. AS I said this may have changed, im not on the team so I dont know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%