Drivers' to meet to discuss Hamilton at Suzuka

massa-hamilton-765-2007.jpg

The topic of Lewis Hamilton's driving will reportedly be discussed during the driver briefing in Japan, after several drivers, past and present, criticised the McLaren driver.

The Brit's latest incident happened just last weekend when he made contact with Felipe Massa after attempting to overtake. Not only that, but he drove erratically during qualifying three in an attempt to gain track position, again putting himself and Massa in a position to make contact.

"He cannot use his mind - even in qualifying," said the Brazilian driver. "Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it. He doesn't understand that. He has done it to me so many times this year."

Meanwhile, Sir Jackie Stewart said he was confused as to why Hamilton, a driver with immense skill, had been involved in so many incidents this season.

source

Massa can go swivel, he's gutted he hasn't won in 3 years, partially down to under performing Ferrari and partially due to his crash in Hungary '09. It's a shame because he is a good driver, when he pushes himself.

Hamilton always has determination, sometimes too much. He can make silly judgements and say stupid things (Monaco '11). The main issue with Hamilton is he can't truly see when he is beaten, he has to win at all costs. Like he will probably say himself Senna did this or Senna did that, yes he did but there wasn't as big an issue with safety back then. Times have changed, drivers must too.

This is ridiculous. What's going on is that everybody knows Lewis is one of the best, so when the guy's having a bad year, you gotta hit him when he's down, that's all. It's all part of the game. Sometimes Lewis doesn't help himself with his big mouth, but hey, he's still learning, he's young.

Seems to me that every1 is overreacting, the incidednt in the race way more a clumsy misjudment than anything else and in qualy there was nothing wrong what he done, might have been a bit unnecessary and silly thing but anyone could had done that.

Massa's reaction is just brought out of frustation nothing else. But in the other hand you have to say Hamltion gets involved into too many incidents which noone can deny but to discuss him in a drivers meeting is a bit too much in my mind.

Can't believe this is still rumbling on. When you watch replay to me Lewis is backing out of move. Locking front brake can't have helped.. How come Rosberg can smash Perez off road with no penalty? What about Webber on Massa is Monza??? Massa wasn't screaming for Webber's head? Seems to me Lewis gets something wrong and it's he's too aggressive. Any other driver can make a mistake and it's just a racing incident. Too many people on bandwagon for me.

I appreciate there are far more knowledgable people on this subject on here than me. It's my first post. Please be gentle if you think I'm talking jibberish.

Thanks

The problem with Lewis is that it happens far too often. Before Singapore or Monza, you would struggle to name any driver, other than Hamilton, that has taken someone off the track this year.

I do think they are taking it too far though. As for Massa - someone said he can go swivel. He has every right to be frustrated, as it isn't the first time Lewis has ruined his race this season.

The problem with Lewis is that it happens far too often. Before Singapore or Monza, you would struggle to name any driver, other than Hamilton, that has taken someone off the track this year.

I do think they are taking it too far though. As for Massa - someone said he can go swivel. He has every right to be frustrated, as it isn't the first time Lewis has ruined his race this season.
Don't forget his seat in Ferrari.

Can't believe this is still rumbling on. When you watch replay to me Lewis is backing out of move. Locking front brake can't have helped.. How come Rosberg can smash Perez off road with no penalty? What about Webber on Massa is Monza??? Massa wasn't screaming for Webber's head? Seems to me Lewis gets something wrong and it's he's too aggressive. Any other driver can make a mistake and it's just a racing incident. Too many people on bandwagon for me.

I appreciate there are far more knowledgable people on this subject on here than me. It's my first post. Please be gentle if you think I'm talking jibberish.

Thanks
You'll have to refresh my memory on the Rosberg incident, but why would Massa complain about Webber? Mistakes happen in F1 and drivers end up taking someone else out. He didn't complain about Webber because he is a respected driver and was only his first incident with Massa (at least for this season). The fact that Hamilton has been called out by the media and veteran drivers raise a concern about how safe he is out there. His accident with Massa could have been avoided in the race for sure, not to mention Hamilton also bullied him off the track on the last lap of Silverstone just to get a position, and ran into him on the hairpin at Monaco, this was not his first run in with Massa which is why Massa is fed up with him.

Also how are we "bandwagon" people... Because we're against the reckless driving of Hamilton? While he's not the only one who's had avoidable accidents he certainly has the most penalties from accidents or creating dangerous situations (Hungary), and for someone who is apparently such a great driver and a world champion then why is he getting into so many accidents?

I don't think these kind of actions will make Hamilton less aggressive, instead he will get more and more aggressive and ferocious with these reactions and critism made upon him.

Leave him be and give penalties just when he does something imo.

Looks like Vettel has learned the best solution. Take pole and have a clean race out front without any overtaking needed. :tongue:

At least this year things are more interesting, I hope we don't go back to F1 of a couple of years ago, processions of cars that never overtake anyone all race. :)

Hamiltons having a rough season, likely due to frustration to the McLaren being second rate to the red bull and hes not handling it, either way he hasn't lost any talent or anything just mistakes are there, it may be a sign he wants to leave McLaren if anything, because i Doubt Red bull will be stopped for the foreseeable future.

Hamiltons having a rough season, likely due to frustration to the McLaren being second rate to the red bull and hes not handling it, either way he hasn't lost any talent or anything just mistakes are there, it may be a sign he wants to leave McLaren if anything, because i Doubt Red bull will be stopped for the foreseeable future.
im sorry i totally disagree with you.

Hamilton has even said he is very happy where he is i na interview a couple of races back, i doubt anything has changed since, he czn take being second, his driving style is good but sometimes he makes the wrong decision in a split second, it happens with every driver, other times he is just unlucky and has racing incidents, justl iek the one in singapore between him and massa, i mean come on, that wasn't even intentional , he just mis-judged it, look at Alonso at Kuala Lumpur racing against Hamilton i believe or was it Button? he done exactly the same, these things happen.

one washed up driver getting all his washed up ex-driver mates togeather to work out how the washed up driver can get a better driver than him out of F1.
Its funny, all the great racing massa has done is being cancelled, and when he retires(ie now!!!!) he will be remembered for being a little girl cry baby. Ferrari put Kamui in the car ffs, give Lewis someone to battle that can give it back, and wont cry like a nancy!!??! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%