Drivers' to meet to discuss Hamilton at Suzuka

In any other sport it's cool to support your team and be loyal to them, and if anyone was to call another sports fan a 'fanboy', they'd be laughed all the way home. So how come if your a loyal fan in F1 (Apparently a 'mature' sport) you get called that? I would blame the internet, but I dont see it on any of the football, rugby, nfl, mlb etc. forums.

Here's the situation, for the benefit of the little ones. McLaren/Hamilton fans will see the Hamilton side of the story, and stay loyal and fight his corner. Non Hamilton fans (ok lets be honest Ferrari fans) will want him punished, banned and expected to commit ritual suicide immediately...... and then we get to argue about it, which is the fun part.

So pack it in with this 'fanboy' business. This isn't youtube, and we're not a pack of 12 year olds.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but as a fan of a particular driver would you not feel as though you got less value for money if you were going to a race and he was suspended?

Not to mention the sponsors that pay a lot of money for particular drivers to wear their logos.

End of the day, sponsors could pull the plug at any time which I'd bad for business for F1

Well, I felt the 2006 season lost some when Villeneuve was kicked out of BMW, and I felt the 2004 season got a little better when he joined Renault. But, still, it shouldn't matter how popular or fast a driver is, the rules should be equal for everyone.

And, well, if the vodafone system crashes as much as one of their drivers, and using Mobil1 oil in my mercedes engine makes the engine just as secure as Hamilton has been this season, I don't want it anyway ;) I mean, I understand that if I drink Johhnie Walker I will end up crashing just as much ;)

Even though you are sponsoring a fast driver and a good team, not all PR are actually good PR :) I think, a race without Hamilton, if that get's Hamilton to mature more, will be better for the sponsors than having him driving like this :)

No Chris. We dont want him to be banned or punished. Not at all. We just want him to stop driving like that. Thats all.

as a Ferrari fan no I dont want to see him ban or punished at all. As much as I like Hamilton overtaking redbulls, he has had a rough year. He is an aggressive driver, no blame on that, but I just hope in the meeting he isnt singled out at all. I just hope they talk about some of the decisions the stewards have made, not only on him but to compare to others like Schumi in Silverstone among many others. This reminds me a lil bit about the meeting they had in 1991 after Prost and Sennas incident, im sure all they are gonna talk about is somethign similar, about how "aggresive" or "defensive" a driver should be. IMO its BS, drivers are paid to race and compete by taking risks, but what brought Hamilton down to this is most likely the change of rules and or not to ruin the reputaion of F1.thats just my opinion. All drivers are entitled to attack and defend, not to crash and yield.

Here's the situation, for the benefit of the little ones. McLaren/Hamilton fans will see the Hamilton side of the story, and stay loyal and fight his corner. Non Hamilton fans (ok lets be honest Ferrari fans) will want him punished, banned and expected to commit ritual suicide immediately...... and then we get to argue about it, which is the fun part.

And what happens with the millions of people that are loyal to a team but still love F1 and try to be ojective, so they probably don't want LH to be punished for making mistakes?

What have all this to do with Alonso? Maybe is you who is so narrow minded that think Alonso has the blame on everything?

I am Ferrari/Alonso fan and I don't agree with the meeting.

As for Massa, there were always nr1 and nr2 drivers in F1, and team orders. I would like to be Ferrari's nr2 driver instead work in front of the computer every day and race in simulators, to be honest.

Tell me Adam, which forum do you recommend me?

Relax your attitude and language please.

Tell me where I blamed Alonso... I simply stated Massa is his playtoy. Never in that statement did I blame Alonso so where you plucked that one from is beyond me. My attitude is relaxed but its the same old junk from the same old people. I don't like posting in the forums about Motorsport because of the nonsense views.

And Id rather try to be the best at my sport and not be someone's guinea pig. So Massa loses all respect from me for that. Im not really a fan of any driver just a follower of F1. So Im not biased at all and if you read all of my post you will see I disagree with some of his driving this year. Maybe Massa needs to sort himself out and his position rather than crying and moaning about Hamilton. Hes just frustrated with his own position.

Also my language was fine. I can't see a single piece of bad language.

No, F1 's all about clean overtakes . Not crashing into others.

Says the guy with the Ferrari Avatar. I wasn't referring to his crashes, I was on about his will to win and his determination. Which I also said some of his driving has gone beyond that this year. Why do I have to explain every detail so I don't get an awful reply back.

So well done on your reply that wasn't even relevant to what I said.

Oh come on. You are comparing someone who barely finished 4 F1 races to an F1 World Champion? terrible post.

It really shouldn't change anything, the fact that Hamilton is a WDC, and is in his 5th season, should mean that he is able to get in less incidents than the two drivers I mentioned? This season, that's not the case. A rookie is prone to mistakes, and a rookie learns from it (Irvine did, Ide never got the chance). When an established driver does these mistakes, and seems like he doesn't get any better, I don't think it is wrong to compare him to the last two drivers getting such punishments.

And what happens with the millions of people that are loyal to a team but still love F1 and try to be ojective, so they probably don't want LH to be punished for making mistakes?
#

Objective argument is fine. If I were to say to you that Massa went far too slow round that turn, and was never going to be quick enough to hold Lewis up anyway so he kinda deserved what he got (not my complete opinion) and you answered with...... 'Ok, I disagree here's why..... ' thats cool. But if you were to reply with...... ' Oh your just a Hamilton fanboy! you can't see through the red and silver and you have no idea what your talking about'..... Well, that was the point of my comment. This fanboy business is just silly.

You mean calling idiots and asking people to go to another forum because they don't agree with you is ok? :rolleyes:

No the same old crap from people, instead of coming here why don't they go to there fan forums instead of bringing a pointless biased points here. Its the same old crap from the same old fans as usual. And that is not my language that is my attitude :D

Was much worse during the "Alonso-hating" times, far worse, there were McLaren and Hamilton fans saying anything about Fernando, Ferrari, Spain and Italy... and still at the time calling idiots and ask people to go away from Ferrari fans wasn't tolerated.

Nobody has the right to do that, YOU think that are idiots and YOU think they should go away, but that is just your oppinion, other people may think the opposite, but everybody is under the forum rules, so nobody can insult in this forum.

Funny thing is, I like Alonso and Ferrari...... so don't be so quick to defend them because you don't have too. So my point isn't that of a Ferrari/Alonso fan who just hates on Hamilton. And they just come out with the same old crap. You really got defensive there lolz.

Funny thing is, I like Alonso and Ferrari...... so don't be so quick to defend them because you don't have too. So my point isn't that of a Ferrari/Alonso fan who just hates on Hamilton. And they just come out with the same old crap. You really got defensive there lolz.

Not what you told me on Skype the other day ;)

At the end of the day, discussions like this of course are going to happen as different fans will of course stick up for who they prefer.

I personally believe Hamilton is a very good driver, but just needs to cut out these silly mistakes. He's trying just that little bit too hard. But all the greats are like that - always pushing the limit.

I can understand how Massa feels about the incident, I would be angry too. It's not like him to lose his cool in public, but he is right about how LH needs to think a bit more.

Adam, don't make this a personal discussion between you and me, you know calling idiots was too much, that's all, no need to make a big thing out of this.

This is what rubens barrichello reckons :D

Last week, Italian publication Autosprint claimed that 'Hamilton's colleagues have announced a meeting at the Suzuka Grand Prix with FIA delegate Charlie Whiting.'

And the point of the meeting will be to discuss the "antics" of the Brit in 'Malaysia, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hungaroring, Belgium and, also, in Singapore.'

But according to Rubens Barrichello, Hamilton won't be facing a firing squad in Friday's customary pre-race briefing with race director Whiting as often there's "too much talking and not enough action".

The Williams driver said: "I don't think that's happening. I think someone has made that up.
"During the briefings we talk about everything, and then with the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers' Association) we get together and talk a bit further.
"For example, a lot was said about what (Michael) Schumacher did to Lewis at Monza (weaving across his line), that it was unfair, but then it got to the briefing and nobody actually said anything.

"There's too much talking and not enough action, so I don't think there will be anything regarding Lewis."
Barrichello added that Hamilton, who has made headlines too often this season for the wrong reasons, is being unfairly tried by television as he is often the focal point of the cameras.

"Formula One has more overtaking nowadays, but in reality DRS has made some cars quicker in qualifying, but not as quick in racing.
"That makes the grid and you have more overtaking from this. He (Hamilton) has been caught more there - but then he has been the one who has done more overtaking than some of the others.

"I'm not saying everything is okay, but as far as I'm concerned it would be too unfair to pinpoint this or that.

source

Brilliant, looks like it is going to just be Massa and Maldonado sitting in a room on their own moaning about Hamilton. And Barrichello having a nice sly dig at his countryman Massa, same as Senna. Actually what Barrichello said wasnt even hard to interprate, sounded to me like'Stop turning in on people and they won't crash into you' nice one. Anyway not even the brazilians are on Massa's side, guess that just leaves....... oh I'm not even going there haha. Haha, and Glock 'when there is action everyone cries'. Brilliant, Glock 2 Massa 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back