AC Dream Pack 1 @ Nordschleife

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok. Tried it, was only me there before, so i just ran some practice. Connection worked well and the latency was really low. Great stuff.

But i had forgotten how much i really hated the booking system in AC... That thing is completely illogical :) Only me there, but i have to book and then wait 8 minutes... Really?

First time testing Donington in AC as well... Was fun to drive it, but some of the sweeping corners have really nasty bumps on the turn exits. Caught me out a couple of times.

ill be home in a couple of hours ill send you a steam friend request, in fact I was talking with Saleem about doing a 8pm - 12mn US server on fridays (funny you guys posted this as well) like an event but just track looping and with a specific car for each week.. something like 10 min quali with 8 lap races... anyways im gonna open a thread if you guys want to give some input :)

ill be home in a couple of hours ill send you a steam friend request, in fact I was talking with Saleem about doing a 8pm - 12mn US server on fridays (funny you guys posted this as well) like an event but just track looping and with a specific car for each week.. something like 10 min quali with 8 lap races... anyways im gonna open a thread if you guys want to give some input :)
Sure thing. I'll be on Teamspeak if you want to join me there it makes it pretty easy. A quick bit of input on the looping server: its a good idea, but it seems fridays usually dont have a very good turnout for races. I myself rarely am available on fridays. But I would suggest seeing how many people are interested.

I think it would be a good idea to make a day event for friday or saturday? (no race club event day) US server this is kind of what I had in mind:
Friday evenings lets say 3-4 hours... 8pm - 12 mn
Track looping 4-5 main tracks
Specific Car(s) selected each week to give variety posted as a club race event (evening).
5min bookin
10-15 min quali
5-8 lap races.

The problem with having a all day server is that it will most likely be empty all the time.. sheep effect as Bram put it... but if we know that for example, friday evenings there is a CLEAN and SAFE server where to race for 3-4 hours with looped tracks it would be my server of choice!(it would start every 20 mins or so and IF we get 'old school join' on the 18th it will be much better and easier to use!)...... since there is no actual booking commitment or specific time then it might be much easier for people that cant really schedule their races at certain times....

ps: there are only US servers events (low ping for me) on wednesday and sunday which I cant join because I work evenings those days :( i love racing with the australians but 4am CST race time is getting to me :p

I think it would be a good idea to make a day event for friday or saturday? (no race club event day) US server this is kind of what I had in mind:
Friday evenings lets say 3-4 hours... 8pm - 12 mn
Track looping 4-5 main tracks
Specific Car(s) selected each week to give variety posted as a club race event (evening).
5min bookin
10-15 min quali
5-8 lap races.

The problem with having a all day server is that it will most likely be empty all the time.. sheep effect as Bram put it... but if we know that for example, friday evenings there is a CLEAN and SAFE server where to race for 3-4 hours with looped tracks it would be my server of choice!(it would start every 20 mins or so and IF we get 'old school join' on the 18th it will be much better and easier to use!)...... since there is no actual booking commitment or specific time then it might be much easier for people that cant really schedule their races at certain times....

ps: there are only US servers events (low ping for me) on wednesday and sunday which I cant join because I work evenings those days :( i love racing with the australians but 4am CST race time is getting to me :p
Seems like a good idea to me. Shorter race lengths give the ability to jump in, so if you thought you were busy and schedule opens up, you can join in.

Had a great time cruising around with @Chris Stacey and @Pablo Cortes! One great achievement down... I finally beat Chris Stacey!:roflmao:
2014-07-08_00001.jpg

Perhaps one day it will be in a race he actually participated in lol.:notworthy:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.