Dramatic 2018 IndyCar Revealed

Damn! I love the new look, Indycar is a fantastic series and I hope it continues to grow... maybe a couple races over here in Europe would be nice. Rockingham and Lausitzering :whistling:
Lausitzring was sold to the Dekra (German certifyer and product-safety-tester) and will be changed into a pure testing-facillity. Sorry, but there won't be any more motorsportevents there. But tracks like Zolder, Zandvoort, Nürburgring, Spa and/or Brands Hatch were really great.

Sorry Formula E people. We know you hate these loud gas cars. We're also sorry that Indy Car has many fans around the world. We're trying to think of ways to punish ourselves as we are guilty of liking the new car. Wow. They're investing a lot in Indy Car. Perhaps it's the way of the future.

This new model looks absolutely stunning!! Finally a series that takes racing seriously. Formula 1 could learn a lot from this. F1 is going in the completely wrong direction in my opinion. Yes, it is fascinating to push the boundaries of technology but in my opinion racing always comes first. Get the damn drivers in equal awesome looking kit. This is surely the way of the future.

American vs. European Motorsportsdevelopment
5:0

-Formula 1 halo oh no, a foolish own goal for the europeans
-DPI what a nice one from the americans
-oh no another own goal by the FIA boys: LMP1 2020 rules-what a mess this kills LMP1 instantly, Peugeot qouted: non, merci
-what´s there going own? mercedes quitting DTM for Formula E - a classic type of own goal
-The new Indy car .. yes, that´s what race fans love, an easy victory for american motorsports.

I think we europeans need a new coach: Jean...:whistling:

Last edited:
American vs. European Motorsportsdevelopment
5:0

-Formula 1 halo oh no a foolish own goal 7 for the europeans
-DPI what a nice one from the americans
-oh no another own goal by the FIA boys: LMP1 2020 rules-what a mess this kills LMP1 instantly, Peugeot qouted; non, merci
-what´s there going own? mercedes quitting DTM for Formula E, a classic type of own goal
-The new Indy car .. yes, that´s what race fans love, an easy victory for american motorsports.

I think we europeans need a new coach: Jean...:whistling:
Not to mention as a fan of Nascar the stages have also made it better (IMO). Bunched the pack up in 1.5 mile races that allows for a better spectator sport. Yes it might not be how it used to be but they where thinking of the fans. Indycar has done what F1 has not got the balls to do. Redevelop the cars to accommodate better racing. F1 need to do this if they want to up the spectator value which seems to be dropping. Redesign the floor of the car to make the majority of the downforce similar to Indycar then have a front and rear wing not so overly complex that will reduce the aero wash on the car behind leading to closer racing. The Americans know whats up. DPi as you mentioned is another great example, Its already bringing Penske back into the mix and the Famous Joest responsible for Audi's Le Mans domination. They are taking over the Beautiful Mazda DPi in the hoped of getting it competitive. and if there is any team do that... Its that team. Whilst i will still watch F1 i will watch Indycar more. As I have been doing for the past 7 years.

Sleek, smooth design, no crazy things going on.. I like it, it looks really futuristic without looking like something out of a bad sci-fi movie (like Formula E). IndyCar is getting more and more exciting, might start watching it (not a big fan of watching oval racing though) and F1 is getting more and more boring, "trying to hard" and just not fun to watch...

Reactions: Rob
c`mon F1, wake up, you used to be beautiful, before you mixed up the windtunnel with the hairdresser.
Ferrari-312-T2-2471.jpg

lotus-72-5.jpg
i436571.jpg

Although not perfect... much better than current "pickup truck" Indy car. :thumbsup:

To me, it sorta looks like 1998 CART Calvin Klein model daddy car make love with current ugly-sh girl-ish Indy 2017 car. Luckily... the child pulled much more on daddy side. :D Sounds like logical explanation, isn't it ? Ok maybe not... :laugh:

Nice looking car.
Wonder what F1 teams think?
'We get a flip-flop, and they get that...'
And Mr Alonso...
I bet he is very interested..
When one considers his love of pure open wheel racing..
Fun times ahead.

To all you non oval lovers... remember that road (hell, even short oval, this is only speedway and super speedway version) will look similar, and then some better.

Btw, like they say beauty is in the eye of beholder, that Beneton isn't really pretty, it just... we have seen it so many times that it just grows on us.
i436571.jpg

Imagine then how car which is in start as pretty as this IC 2018 is will leave the mark. =)

I like the fact that they are going back to the venturi tunnels and getting away from the flat-bottoms. This in itself should take care of many of the aero-wash issues that current indy cars have and allow for closer racing on every part of the track as opposed to just the straights.

I never accepted the explanation of: "We are doing it for safety reasons, the cars are just too fast around the corners..." to get rid of the tunnels. I know that some of the designers in F1 were able to completely do away with front wings on some of their cars (Williams, Ligier, Brabham) but that was more due to the sliding skirts in conjunction with the venturi's as opposed to the venturi tunnels themselves.

I look forward to seeing cleaner cars attaining the same downforce levels racing next year. The era of stacked wings is finally over in Indy. Let's see if F1 takes notice or if they arrogantly continue along the road of inefficient cornering aero for the sake of "safety".

Reactions: Rob
They have forget their halo, damn :thumbsup:! No, seriously, they looks well proportioned, simple and agressives!
Italian design, very well done Dallara!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes