Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ! It's possible for sure, you have to modify the template,

You can find the nextion basics here
https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Nextion-Display

You can test all the formulas used in the mapping live directly in simhub :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/NCalc-scripting---Introduction

For all the language bacics it's here :
https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/NCalc-scripting
thanks for your help but im a doctor and it s not possible to understand this form e :)

isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.LapDistance /1000], 0.00)

Today I've noticed that this code is no longer showing the travelled distance in Dirt Rally. It was working before. Could it be a problem with the updated version of Simhub?

Apart from this, a question: how to define a visibility condition for an element not to be visible when other element of the hub is.

isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.LapDistance /1000], 0.00)

Today I've noticed that this code is no longer showing the travelled distance in Dirt Rally. It was working before. Could it be a problem with the updated version of Simhub?

Apart from this, a question: how to define a visibility condition for an element not to be visible when other element of the hub is.
Really strange, I can assure you that there is not a single line of code changed on the codemasters readers.
I've just tested, still get it , maybe it's related to the current game mode ?
upload_2017-11-19_15-4-58.png

Today you can't access other dash component properties, you have to do the opposite condition,
And in fact it makes sense, SimHub evaluate the bindings in the order of componenents decalaration, if you want to make a background disappear when a foreground element appears, it would be always one frame left, but if you use the opposite condition it will be in sync.

I've checked the game specific properties and the data is read, so I've taken a look at the code for the element and I've found that isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.LapDistance], 0.00) /1000
with Result format as 0.0 (I want km not m) is displaying it again. Strange, since I don't remember having changed this code...

One issue I have lately is that I have to run Simhub twice. The first time I run it after starting my PC, the dashboards are not displayed when I run them. Also, when I edit something with Dash Studio, the image is completelly black. If I close Simhub and run it again, the dashboars are displayed on my monitor without problems and the editor works normally too.

Last edited:
I've checked the game specific properties and the data is read, so I've taken a look at the code for the element and I've found that isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.LapDistance], 0.00) /1000
with Result format as 0.0 (I want km not m) is displaying it again. Strange, since I don't remember having changed this code...

One issue I have lately is that I have to run Simhub twice. The first time I run it after starting my PC, the dashboards are not displayed when I run them. Also, when I edit something with Dash Studio, the image is completelly black. If I close Simhub and run it again, the dashboars are displayed on my monitor without problems and the editor works normally too.

I would be interested by the log files right after it happens , they are located in c:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs

hello, I have a problem with automobilista, after a few minutes I have a device that disconnects (wheel HUB),
the device was still in the list but the buttons no longer work.
can you help me please ?
Hi ! Could you give a me bit more details ? What kind of device ?
Maybe the log files would help too ;) You can find them here : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs

Last edited:
Hi,

I have noticed a small issue with Simhub with the setup I am running. I use an Arduino Uno with 2 TM1638 modules connected, mainly when playing Assetto Corsa. On module number 2, I have a number of different screens set up to show lap time, best lap, tire temps, pressures and fuel info.

To switch between the different screens I use button presses from my DIY buttonbox (actually I turn an encoder left/right which is set up to emulate a pair of buttons of a gamepad). So I have the button presses set up with "SerialDashPlugin.NextScreen" and "SerialDashPlugin.PreviousScreen" in Simhub. The problem is, it doesn't work consistently. Sometimes all is fine and I can quickly scroll through the different displays when rapidly pressing the buttons, but sometimes I have to do several tries just to switch to the next screen and it may take a couple of seconds before I succeed. On rare occasions, it can get stuck completely so I cannot switch screens at all for a while.

In order to eliminate the buttonbox as the source of the issue, I tried mapping the same buttons to the TC+/- function in Assetto Corsa. It seems that Assetto Corsa always react to the button presses (so I know the buttonbox is not malfunctioning), but Simhub does not respond consistently.

Is this an issue you have seen before?

Side note:
On the other buttons (again, encoders emulating pairs of buttons) of the buttonbox I have brake balance and ERS/engine brake settings mapped in Assetto Corsa. On each of these buttons, I have also mapped "SerialDashPlugin.DisplayScreenFor1s_xxx" in Simhub for the corresponding car parameter. I have never experienced a problem with these actions, they work as expected. It is only the NextScreen and PreviousScreen which are giving me issues.

Hi,

I have noticed a small issue with Simhub with the setup I am running. I use an Arduino Uno with 2 TM1638 modules connected, mainly when playing Assetto Corsa. On module number 2, I have a number of different screens set up to show lap time, best lap, tire temps, pressures and fuel info.

To switch between the different screens I use button presses from my DIY buttonbox (actually I turn an encoder left/right which is set up to emulate a pair of buttons of a gamepad). So I have the button presses set up with "SerialDashPlugin.NextScreen" and "SerialDashPlugin.PreviousScreen" in Simhub. The problem is, it doesn't work consistently. Sometimes all is fine and I can quickly scroll through the different displays when rapidly pressing the buttons, but sometimes I have to do several tries just to switch to the next screen and it may take a couple of seconds before I succeed. On rare occasions, it can get stuck completely so I cannot switch screens at all for a while.

In order to eliminate the buttonbox as the source of the issue, I tried mapping the same buttons to the TC+/- function in Assetto Corsa. It seems that Assetto Corsa always react to the button presses (so I know the buttonbox is not malfunctioning), but Simhub does not respond consistently.

Is this an issue you have seen before?

Side note:
On the other buttons (again, encoders emulating pairs of buttons) of the buttonbox I have brake balance and ERS/engine brake settings mapped in Assetto Corsa. On each of these buttons, I have also mapped "SerialDashPlugin.DisplayScreenFor1s_xxx" in Simhub for the corresponding car parameter. I have never experienced a problem with these actions, they work as expected. It is only the NextScreen and PreviousScreen which are giving me issues.

Hi ! it depends on how is implemented your buttonbox, Simhub uses a timer to poll the controllers, it, checks the controls approximately every 15ms, i've not pushed more since we are not in the race for ultimate no delay. I just try to keep footprint light on system.

It means that if your controller is toggling between the two polls simhub won't see it.
Could you say in a way or another the duration of a toggle ?

I could reduce my poll delay, but I really want to keep the foot print as light as possible.

Hi ! it depends on how is implemented your buttonbox, Simhub uses a timer to poll the controllers, it, checks the controls approximately every 15ms, i've not pushed more since we are not in the race for ultimate no delay. I just try to keep footprint light on system.

It means that if your controller is toggling between the two polls simhub won't see it.
Could you say in a way or another the duration of a toggle ?

I could reduce my poll delay, but I really want to keep the foot print as light as possible.

15ms should be fast enough. In the buttonbox code there is a loop which checks the state of all the buttons and sends a report to the PC. If the loop detects that a button is toggled, the loop pauses for 50ms after sending the report.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have a problem trying to set up my E36 instrument cluster attached to an Arduino mega 2560. There is also a 7 segment MAX7219 display attached to the same arduino.
Case 1: I have multiple usb unchecked in 'my hardware' tab, the rpm tacho works nicely as "aftermarket tacho" and the 7 segment display on the MAX7219 works as well. The speedo is not working.
Case 2: I checked in multiple usb, added custom protocol format([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SpeedKmh],'0') as stated in the end of the .ino and uncommented all the neccessary parts in CustomProtocolExample3_E36Speedo();
Speedo is still dead, and now the 7 segment display is also dark.
Is there a way to read the FlowSerialDebugPrintLn("Message received : " + String(e36speed)); somehow?
Thank you.

Hi,
I have a problem trying to set up my E36 instrument cluster attached to an Arduino mega 2560. There is also a 7 segment MAX7219 display attached to the same arduino.
Case 1: I have multiple usb unchecked in 'my hardware' tab, the rpm tacho works nicely as "aftermarket tacho" and the 7 segment display on the MAX7219 works as well. The speedo is not working.
Case 2: I checked in multiple usb, added custom protocol format([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.SpeedKmh],'0') as stated in the end of the .ino and uncommented all the neccessary parts in CustomProtocolExample3_E36Speedo();
Speedo is still dead, and now the 7 segment display is also dark.
Is there a way to read the FlowSerialDebugPrintLn("Message received : " + String(e36speed)); somehow?
Thank you.

Hum, if the 7segment is dead it's probably due to the multi usb settings, make sure to set the correct number of 7segments in the settings :
upload_2017-11-19_22-32-0.png

Concerning speedo vs tach make sure to use a PWM pin for the speedo pin.

You must also choose your pins wisely to handle correctly speedo versus tach :
See "Ugly details" : https://github.com/bhagman/Tone

Basically the tone library used for the tach will "kill" a timer and make unusable the PWM pins related.

It will be the timer 2, so it means you should avoid the following pins for your speedo (reference https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Timers-Arduino) :
Pins 11 and 3: controlled by timer2

15ms should be fast enough. In the buttonbox code there is a loop which checks the state of all the buttons and sends a report to the PC. If the loop detects that a button is toggled, the loop pauses for 50ms after sending the report.

I've checked, 50ms is perfectly in the acceptable range. And you have real push buttons working correctly (not using a delay) ? I would guess that the timer is not consistent enough to regularly and read your input. I've just switched for a high priority thread reading every 1ms, it should reduce this problem :D

It seems I was trigger happy with my questions. It seems I got them answered for myself.
The problem was:
1. I forgot to comment out example 1 in the custom protocol part of the .ino since it got finished before it reached the example 3 lines.
2. I needed to press the "apply now" button after setting up stuff in "multiple usb" part of the my hardware tab.
3. Found the debug messages in the log panel after it started to output data.
Now it all seems easy :)

I've checked, 50ms is perfectly in the acceptable range. And you have real push buttons working correctly (not using a delay) ? I would guess that the timer is not consistent enough to regularly and read your input. I've just switched for a high priority thread reading every 1ms, it should reduce this problem :D
Definitely important to keep a light footprint for SimHub, I hope polling 15 times faster doesn't take more CPU as we need it for the games...!

Thank you for the answer. It's all working nice now.
I wasn't afraid of the pin assignments as I'm migrating from my homemade software to SimHub. Most of the arduino stuff is copy paste, all have been tested thoroughly before. :)

Now all I'm using my old software for is the bass shaker on the soundcard output.
Is there a chance you could import that part into SimHub if I send you the source? ;)

At the moment I don't use real push buttons, I went from 20 pushbuttons in the first version of my buttonbox to 10 rotary encoders in the current version, where each step turned on an encoder triggers an emulated 50ms button press (followed by at least 50ms of button released).

But anyway, a lot of the time Simhub works as it should, it registers the input perfectly. But quite often it seems to "bug out" and only registers some presses. It was also my guess that it would have something to do with priorities.

Of course, I don't have the need for minimal delay when switching between displays. But is becomes a bit of an issue if something else takes all the priority so that most button presses won't register.

Definitely important to keep a light footprint for SimHub, I hope polling 15 times faster doesn't take more CPU as we need it for the games...!
I'm will make performance measurements :D , SimHub is already capable of refreshing some screens like nextion up to 500hz with no troubles : :D. I will try to calibrate it to reach something between 100 and 200hz, which should keep an unnoticeable change on the footprint.

Hello, in the Timing Screen, when I go to the track my nick does not come out, but if I activate the (AI) with my car if my name comes out, when I drive it, the box of the name of the pilot is empty
Thank you

Attachments

• GRAB_095.JPG
    GRAB_095.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 284
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling