PC1 Does it look this good while driving?

saw this screenshot by chromatic9
seriously does this game look this good while playing?
or is it like GT5 photmode?

6884789638_0442422f34_z.jpg

I think a lot of them like to think they are doing good things whilst the likes of the big investors (those with say) laugh at them. In fact, laughing all the way to the bank.:rolleyes:

To me, everything at WMD reads like "how are we going to appeal to the causal gamer"......of course, with many of them already claiming it's a sim, you'd think no more work was even necessary on the sim side of things.

To me, everything at WMD reads like "how are we going to appeal to the causal gamer"......of course, with many of them already claiming it's a sim, you'd think no more work was even necessary on the sim side of things.

I concur with that, brainwashed. I get the distinct impression that quite a few will be disapointed and that the devs are always looking at how they can get funds from prospective customers. If it's not paid for DLC, it's now paid for beta testing. Soon they will charge you for patches and essential updates. What ever happened to real PC friendly fan based Sim developers?

I see this thread has turned into the usual.

People aren't buying into Project CARS like it's their retirement investment plan. As a game to play it's amazing as you pay no more than the final price of the game but get to have a say in the development, play weekly builds, and generally participate in the process.

Worst case scenario is that I get a game that is fun to play along with other sims I play and free DLC going forward.
Best case scenario is that it sells a million copies and I get ~$120 back from my initial $50 purchase price.

You can always get a refund like you do with rFactor 2. Why be so negative to a different way of doing things?

For me with antialiasing fully off there are barely any jaggies at all on 1920x1080 with ultra settings on my AMD HD6850, only jaggies i saw were some objects off in the distance and on very small dashboard instruments. and with full anti aliasing i couldn't find any jaggies whatsoever other than objects which were low on polygons anyway.

For me with antialiasing fully off there are barely any jaggies at all on 1920x1080 with ultra settings on my AMD HD6850, only jaggies i saw were some objects off in the distance and on very small dashboard instruments. and with full anti aliasing i couldn't find any jaggies whatsoever other than objects which were low on polygons anyway.

I agree. Plus you get a full 10 frames per second.

i get 18-25 fps and with no jittering with ultra and the top antialiasing setting in 1920x1080 resolution. with 4320x900 (3screens) i still get that same fps except with antialiasing off and all high settings. this fps may seem low but my pc which you could build an equivalent of for under £400 including the price of a 23" LED 1080p screen can do it.
oh to see how smoth it runs for me with 3 screens all high and aa off this video shows ^^
the quality of the camera makes it look jaggy where it isnt btw.

i get 18-25 fps [...]

Sorry, but this is hardly playable in my opinion. Can't be safe, consistent and fast at the same time this way, which is very important when taking the online competition. 25 fps are used for "film recordings" (footage) utilizing techniques to make them look smooth; but for games, specially when they ask for quick response times, 25 fps can be troublesome. I'd lower graphic settings and aim for an 60 fps output.

How about you stop trying to question everything we say as though this game is somehow exempt from criticism....

What about my post was wrong, David? My post simply laid out how the vast majority of investors see this game. It's a game. A GAME that people are looking forward to playing because it's a game. It's not life, it's not an investment scheme for retirement, it's not an alter to worship at.

So many people (yourself included) are taking sim racing games so seriously. I just find it sad to see people fractured over alphas, betas, trailers, what is or isn't a "true sim", etc.

It's a game. A GAME that people are looking forward to playing because it's a game. It's not life, it's not an investment scheme for retirement, it's not an alter to worship at.

Yes, indeed. Football (European or American) is just a game but millions take it seriously - so seriously in fact they buy season tickets (not cheap), accompany their team across a country or a whole continent, and they cry/despair when a defeat happens. Why? Because they like/love it.

It is a matter of personal taste, choice, whatever. Why should we judge these people or tell them "hey, it is just a game, go spend your money in something useful"?

Simracing is serious business for those that really like it. Others think otherwise and thoroughly enjoy less...realistic sims (simple games for them).

There should not be a big issue here.

Sorry, but this is hardly playable in my opinion. Can't be safe, consistent and fast at the same time this way, which is very important when taking the online competition. 25 fps are used for "film recordings" (footage) utilizing techniques to make them look smooth; but for games, specially when they ask for quick response times, 25 fps can be troublesome. I'd lower graphic settings and aim for an 60 fps output.

I agree. At the very least, anything below 50 fps destroys immersion, playability, not to mention the multiple issues arising between physics and ffb.

Sometimes, downgrading the eye-candy a few notches is the best and inevitable solution.

i get 18-25 fps and with no jittering with ultra and the top antialiasing setting in 1920x1080 resolution. with 4320x900 (3screens) i still get that same fps except with antialiasing off and all high settings. this fps may seem low but my pc which you could build an equivalent of for under £400 including the price of a 23" LED 1080p screen can do it.
oh to see how smoth it runs for me with 3 screens all high and aa off this video shows ^^

Quite an impressive setup you have there. Visually stunning, I imagine.

Out of curiosity: if only one monitor were active, how big a difference would that make? No other changes but that one - the use of just one monitor.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back