1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Do you personally know of any females that play racing games?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Just wondering if any of you have wives or girlfriends that like playing driving sims or driving games as much as you do? My girlfriend recently started driving the easy courses with low hp cars on GT5.

2. I can say I have never met a female that was into driving games of any sort.

Side rant...

The Entertainment Software Association claims 40% of gamers are girls. I find this really hard to believe unless they are only going off of data they got from Facebook scams games. I could see 40% of Farmville users being female, but not 40% across the industry at all.

3. I have female friends who enjoy a good game of NFS. Other than that, I don't have a significant other (yet!) but if she was into sim racing that would be pretty damn awesome. I couldn't let her beat me though... :tongue:

4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I just lose purposely from time to time. Keeps her interested.:wink:

5. the answer is No.

6. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Only about two or three. All of them with luscious looks. I would be joyous if they also drove stick shift. :D

7. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

wheel she likes driving games...but doesn;t have the patience...so she plays sims

8. Same here loves mario kart but then tries to drive like that in sims with the expected results- generally find the pits and tries to reverse bay park lol

9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I have some female friends that likes to play Race07/GTRE. Even some NFSS.
    But they always fail when it comes to driving, thinking it is some kind of Mario Kart, lol.
    However, they are getting much better. One of my female friends did an complete lap around both Green Hell, and Le Mans without crashing.

10. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

My sister is a hardcare NFS: Carbon/Most Wanted/Underground fan but when it comes to simracing, a barrier kisser :)

11. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

My sister likes the NFS series.. But no one more..

12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Awesome! I think i lost to a female driver on NFS Shift on the Ring online with my PS3 last year. She was driving a Dodge Viper.

13. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Wow Green Hell, nice! and Le Mans as well. I have my GF chase my ghost on Indy Speedway .I give about 70% of my effort and she can pretty much keep up. Like to her try some harder courses.

14. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Nah my missus aint interested in sim racing.

She doesn`t whinge about my rig anymore though, so thats a plus :)

15. There was a period were my sister gave sim-racing a try (that means that she stole my sim-racing rig) but then I made her get bored of it because she would never give me the time to do some proper races.

16. No, but she does watch Top Gear religiously.

• Like Like x 1
  17. My girlfriend liked to play TDU before, and last weekend she tried out rFactor after she saw me driving a Trabant in it:)
    But her favourite games are the Sims, Heroes of Might&Magic, Might&Magic, and such. (I like those too, especially the last 2:))

18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Nice! four months ago prior to meeting me, my girlfriend had no idea what Topgear was. Now its one of her favorite shows.

19. She tried it once, and I Lol'ed at her. Her excuse, shes got a driving license and doesnt care.

So no she doesnt.

20. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

I suspect simracing may be one of the reasons why I don't have a significant other. :p

• Like Like x 1