Do you feel that AC will be the last sim of your life?

I do. Maybe if you are younger than me (and more optimistic) you have expectations in a brighter future. I have the feeling that there is no logic in expecting new sims in the future (such Assetto Corsa 2, for instance). The reason is the hardware. Newer games with photorealistic graphics with ray tracing, 4k, running in triple screens or high resolution VR headsets with lots of FOV, with real physics ala BeamNG Drive? That's impossible now and it will not be possible in many decades. The evolution of CPUs and GPUs is slow and almost stuck, with absurd prices and unable to supply enough computing power even for the games with have now under certain circumstances. Ten years ago I dreamt with better games; nowadays I dream with better hardware to improve the experience I have with AC.

• Deleted member 197115

Purely from a driving feel the ginetta GT4 in ACC and AC both feel of a similar quality. The tyre wear is the main difference i could feel. The hard tyres don't wear in AC. The graphics of the interior and exterior are on a par.

Driving both back to back has me thinking AC will be around for a while yet and will hopefully continue to evolve and match whatever the future titles are.
There is no Ginetta GT4 in AC, unless you drove some mod.

I do. Maybe if you are younger than me (and more optimistic) you have expectations in a brighter future. I have the feeling that there is no logic in expecting new sims in the future (such Assetto Corsa 2, for instance). The reason is the hardware. Newer games with photorealistic graphics with ray tracing, 4k, running in triple screens or high resolution VR headsets with lots of FOV, with real physics ala BeamNG Drive? That's impossible now and it will not be possible in many decades. The evolution of CPUs and GPUs is slow and almost stuck, with absurd prices and unable to supply enough computing power even for the games with have now under certain circumstances. Ten years ago I dreamt with better games; nowadays I dream with better hardware to improve the experience I have with AC.
I'm curious to know how old you are to feel this way. Maybe I'm too "young" but I just turned 40 last year and really do think there will be sims coming that'll be worth the jump.

• Deleted member 197115

Cool mod, thanks for the link, it does feel closer to ACC than similar model in AMS2.
Still a pale shadow of ACC implementation, extra wheel lock curing pretty much any understeer scenario is quite peculiar.

Cool mod, thanks for the link, it does feel closer to ACC than similar model in AMS2.
Still a pale shadow of ACC implementation, extra wheel lock curing pretty much any understeer scenario is quite peculiar.
Not gonna really comment on the car, but you do know that peak mu is gained quite later after steering goes noticeably light from SAT? Not too unreasonable that more lock after you think you're at the limit gives more front grip. Gonna apply to most cars with typical steering geometries and typical tires.

EDIT: Weird sentence

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Not gonna really comment on the car, but you do know that peak mu is gained quite later after steering goes noticeably light from SAT? Not too unreasonable that more lock after you think you're at the limit gives more front grip. Gonna apply to most cars with typical steering geometries and typical tires.

EDIT: Weird sentence
It's weird that it doesn't even get lighter only progressively heavier the more you crank the wheel, but after some wrestling the car finally turns.
May be the mod is not up to the highest standards, can't judge on that, but in this case serves as a perfect illustration of my earlier point of how far ACC progressed comparing to AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird that it doesn't even get lighter only progressively heavier the more you crank the wheel, but after some wrestling the car finally turns.
May be the mod is not up to the highest standards, can't judge on that, but in this case serves as a perfect illustration of my earlier point of how far ACC progressed comparing to AC.
That's pretty much entirely because of the model itself...if you can't judge on it, then you also shouldn't use it to emphasize your point.

Look at the KS AC GT3 cars versus the ACC ones. The physics engine in ACC isn't that much better than AC, despite the sensationalistic posts from Aris; the big difference is that the data is better. The aero on the AC cars is a joke, so are the tires, the suspension, engine power, etc. Put the data from ACC into AC and the cars will be pretty similar. Do the same with the patch features in AC and it'll be beyond what ACC does. Garbage in means garbage out; it doesn't matter what sim it's in.

To that end, the base content of ACC is certainly a lot better than the base content of AC, that much we agree on, but it's not really to do with the sim itself.

• Deleted member 197115

In the end me as a consumer can only judge the final result.
Not so sure, to be honest, that hypothetical unrealized potential excite me as much as possibility to race better implementation of all these cars today, whether it's the result of improved physics engine, better data, or something else, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.

I don't know about highly respected, but there was a time when I released a bunch of cars credited to Arch. Maybe that's the Arch you're looking for?

Dig a bit more and maybe you'll even find the cars.
Top Car! I think that might be one of yours? Whether it is or not, it's an awesome experience. I found it yesterday and I've been on it for hours! I absolutely love that car/s.

Last edited:
In the end me as a consumer can only judge the final result.
Not so sure, to be honest, that hypothetical unrealized potential excite me as much as possibility to race better implementation of all these cars today, whether it's the result of improved physics engine, better data, or something else, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.
Sure but if that potential is also available in AC, how can you say ACC is actually that much better?

I think the thing here is that the consumer can't really separate the simulation from the models. The idea that there even are "better cars" and "worse cars" is foreign to many users it seems.

• Deleted member 197115

Okay but it’s apples to oranges. There’s not a laferrari in ACC, so that must mean ACC is worse because AC has it and ACC doesn’t. That’s basically your argument at this point.
Please point me to GT3 or GT4 car from AC, vanilla or mod doesn't matter, that is also represented in ACC for a fair head to head comparison. How else can anyone tell that AC physics just as accurate and good if not better than ACC?

Sure but if that potential is also available in AC, how can you say ACC is actually that much better?

Potential is not something I can jump into and race to compare against the same car in ACC.

I think you are both right. In the end for the player what matters is what is already out there as drivable content. The physics engine, the data that goes in and the final sum of all those parts that you drive. Ac might have the potential to be just as realistic as acc but it still needs the content that does all that. And not just single cars. Otherwise ac has just potential but you can not drive potential which is a valid point andrew makes imho. Technically acc has the "potential" to have a good laferrari in it just like ac has the potential to have tons of good gt3 cars in it. But neither does have it there to be driven.

Personally I hate the word potential because all it usually means is that we could have x but we don't. Like is there a thing that doesn't have potential? The metal on my door knob could have been on the mars lander or gtr3 could be the next big sim to dominate the next decade...

To be clear, AC has the potential to; and currently is; really a great deal more accurate than ACC's implementation. There is nothing to really catch up to, the gap is pretty decent already IMO from what I've seen.

Please don't mix up the models with the simulation. Just because you don't have it in your hands doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Nobody is talking about potential, most of this is verified stuff that is in models right now.

Then again the consumer just consumes; anything not directly in his reach has no value for him. AC doesn't "just have potential" because you can't drive well implemented cars in it. And what if you judge that the cars are not good after all? Does AC's value decrease in turn? :D

• Deleted member 197115

If by R8 he means the Audi LMS GT3, I downloaded it via BK Studio on Discord. The Ferrari isn't currently working with the 1.76 patch but the LMS is. Highly recommended!
Let me know if you need a download link..
Thanks, found their discord server. Have done some back to back runs against ACC. Wondering if public CSP 1.75 that I am using is missing some extensions, because it honestly felt quite terrible, super bouncy with some severe bump steer, has overpronounced AMS2 like understeer effect, and worst of all super aggressive killing shoulders SAT return as if there were no gyro effect at all, overall very nervous, nothing like ACC model. Not sure what to make out of this.
This is on SC2 Pro, btw.

EDIT: Ferrari is broken in 1.75 as well. :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play