DiRT Rally DiRT Rally: Multiplayer released

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Dirt Rally.jpg

After much waiting and anticipation, Codemasters have released the new update for DiRT Rally which includes Hell Rallycross, three new cars and the sought after player versus player multiplayer events.

Update 0.7 of Codemasters DiRT Rally brings the multiplayer action to the hectic rallycross world. Finally you will be able to race with and against your friends and frenemies live, and not only through a timesheet!

The update also brings one new rallycross track, with two layouts. So just a few days after the world championship was there, you can also drive in Hell.

The game is also updated with three new rallycross cars, two cars, and four liveries from the 2015 season, and one car with one livery from the 2014 season.

You can now drive with the DS3 of Liam Doran and Petter Solberg, or the 1.6l JRM Mini of Dave Mirra and Danny Way, or maybe you would like to like to drive the Subaru of Sverre Isachsen!

Full Changelog
  • A new World RX track – Hell, Norway
  • New Rallycross drivers including, Liam Doran and Petter Solberg
  • Wet weather for all Rallycross tracks
  • Three new cars: DS3, MINI Countryman Rallycross and Subaru WRX STI
  • Brand new Wager Daily Event
  • Some new advanced gamepad options
  • Added a “Very Early” option for your Co-Driver calls
  • A frankly amazing set of Hints and Tips for you to read during loading screens
  • Removed the additional time penalty when the Off Track Reset Countdown expires and upped the limit on the timer
  • We’ll now show you your ‘Fastest lap’ onscreen for an entire Rallycross Event
  • Clutch Override which will give you the ability to use your clutch to override the automatic gearbox clutch
  • *bleep bloop* new achievements
  • Added a toggle for ‘Clutch Override’, which allows you to override the automatic clutch (allowing for clutch kicking)
  • ‘Advanced gamepad options’ are now available for joysticks… Yup somebody out there is playing DiRT Rally with a joystick
  • Message added indicating if you’ve missed the entrance or exit of the joker lap.
  • Optimised all routes for Lydden Hill so it chugs less
  • Graphical Improvements to all stages on the Holjes Circuit as well as the routes for Powys, Wales and Pikes Peak
  • Those excessive gravel surface sounds have been toned down – which should also help with stuttering audio
  • Fixed an issue where the Community delta time splits were being incorrectly shown in the Pant Mawr stage from Wales
  • Light pods no longer show on day routes when using the bonnet / interior cameras on certain vehicles
  • Direct Input slider axis enumeration has been fixed which is a fancy way of saying this should solve issues with pedal bindings, most frequently the clutch
  • Rallycross friend leaderboards now only show the players fastest lap time
  • Abandoning a Rallycross Daily Event now uploads the stage maximum, rather than the time the game was paused… oops
  • Jump starting certain Rallycross tracks no longer results in the players lap counter refusing to increment when passing the start/finish line
  • Fix for the Founder liveries disappearing after the player resets their profile
  • Community delta times are now displayed correctly in the standings before the event begins
  • The Community delta times that were invalid on some tracks have now been reset
  • Crossing a reset line will now always result in you receiving a penalty
  • The Rallycross AI will now find the correct gear at the start of the race and not comically reverse
  • Joker laps will now register even when exiting the joker sector backwards… Because sometimes it’s fun to show off
  • The AI will now take the Joker lap in a Rallycross event less than 4 laps
  • The AI should no longer accidently take a Joker lap when switching paths after losing control.
  • Did you ever see that bug where the Rallycross AI would drive into a barrier, reverse, then drive into again? It was pretty funny but we thought we better fix it
  • Used your data to improve our AI across all Rallycross routes. They’ll now put up much more of a challenge

Yes, yes, yes! Now PLEASE for the love of all things great (like Ferrari and Nigel Mansell), give me a RaceDepartment event @Ole Marius Myrvold ;)

Btw, can you run a full structured event, with quali heats and finals ladder in mp?

The way things are now... There are sadly no way to do any official events. No invite/friends only, no password sessions, no way of saving results, no proper structure, and some talk about of region-blocks.

Had a chance to test it some more... I have framerate drops with the new update in RX events all of a sudden. GPU and CPU usage is the same as before (when it was solid 60fps all the way) but now i see drops and stutters on occation, despite no additional GPU or CPU load.

Just randomly drops and then instantly spikes back up, when running with AI in particular. Sometimes the AI cars rubberband at this time, so that they kind of slingshot forward...

Running 60fps vsync, and had no problems before this update...

Anyone else?

New physics at play here?

Saving online replays is important because it is useful for leagues and events, for protests and league rules. Every real sim out there has this option and it can be useful to learn things and overview them after all the action and mayhem which happens a lot in RX.
Maybe Mr. Cameraman thought I was into graphics and eye candy..
God I read some stupid things sometimes...

Anyone else having the stutter problem and loss of framerate at different points of the track (constant) like i mentioned above, for you i could mention that when i reverted to NVidia 353.30 (the ones from before Win10 launch) it seems ok again.

Something in the new WHQL drivers not being right it seems. Will do a longer test tomorrow to see how it goes.

Anyone else having the stutter problem and loss of framerate at different points of the track (constant) like i mentioned above, for you i could mention that when i reverted to NVidia 353.30 (the ones from before Win10 launch) it seems ok again.

Something in the new WHQL drivers not being right it seems. Will do a longer test tomorrow to see how it goes.

Yes. It frustrates the hell out of me when I'm approaching a corner and the frames drop. Wind up in the barrier after the frames finally sort themselves out. FML :/

Yes Sir!, you might not see every session due to location.

Still not an invite-only as random people can join in.
And welcome to RD ! Seen you quite a lot on the Codies forum :)
Yeah they can, but if you're doing a custom championship you can always kick them.

First night of playing PvP since it went public, and god it's annoying with so many people having their Mics on for no good reason. Something we couldn't foresee when testing it!

Yeah they can, but if you're doing a custom championship you can always kick them.

First night of playing PvP since it went public, and god it's annoying with so many people having their Mics on for no good reason. Something we couldn't foresee when testing it!

It's still an extremely unpractical way to do it, as we are way more than 8 guys here that would like to participate, and then having multiple sessions, with people taking screenshot to make up the next sessions etc. to try to get some sort of a final results is way to tiresome, and time consuming.
That is highly disappointing for me.

It's even more annoying when they join midway through, or maybe even right after the first event have started, and you have to wait all three events to be able to mute them!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back