DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod

DiRT Rally DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod 4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
For me, running a Steam file integrity check restored all the original camera.xml files. I think? :)
Thanks for sharing a good idea, Fleskebacon. I've not thought of it.
I've tested Steam Integrity Check now, and it worked. But it took around 20 minutes to check all files.
To restore the default cameras from the backup is still easy and quick way. But if the player forgot to make a backup, Steam Integrity Check works to restore the default cameras.
Anyway, I'm going to add the default camera files in the next update. It would be convenient for everyone.
Thanks again. :)

Do you think it's possible to join forces with VeloW and combine this mod with his mod MoreCarMovement mod? http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/morecarmovement.6169/

Would be awesome to both have his effect and your straightline camera angle + ability to move the camera further than usual!
Thanks for your suggestion, chukonu.
Unfortunately, each modder is enhancing the camera options separately by modding at the moment.
But it would be awesome if Codemasters could add more camera options and make it possible to adjust "everything" in-game. I also hope to see that in the future update or next DiRT game. :)

Tommi-TAG updated DiRT Rally - Enhanced Camera Control Mod with a new update entry:

Ver.4.2 Update - Added 7 new cars according to the official "DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.1"

Ver.4.2 Update (Summary)

- Added 7 new cars according to the official "DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.1" (5/4/2016) by Codemasters.

*** 1960s ***
- Renault Alpine A110

*** 1980s [RWD] ***
- Renault 5 Turbo

*** Hillclimb - Modern ***
- Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

*** Rallycross Classic ***
- Mini Classic Rallycross

*** Rallycross 1600s ***
- Opel Corsa...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello.
Thanks for your support.
I updated the Mod to Ver.4.2 according to the official "DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.1" (05/04/2016) by Codemasters.

*** 1960s ***
- Renault Alpine A110

*** 1980s [RWD] ***
- Renault 5 Turbo

*** Hillclimb - Modern ***
- Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak

*** Rallycross Classic ***
- Mini Classic Rallycross

*** Rallycross 1600s ***
- Opel Corsa Super 1600
- Renault Clio S1600
- Peugeot 207 S1600

As always, I edited and tested the new files carefully. But the development time was very limited this time. And please let me know if there's any problem. I'll fix it ASAP.
Hope the update works without problem.
Thank you. :)

Oh man, am i feeling stupid right now. I've been using v4.1 and everything is setup just perfect. Don't want to change a thing, but just update with the new cars. However i didn't document which FOV i originally used, but i'm guessing it's one of the 45.5-55-5 or 55.0-70.0 since i'm on a single monitor setup. What would be the easiest way to find out which cameras.xml is currently in use? Thanks!

Oh, and a big thanks for the mod! It's been a true gamechanger for the better.

Thanks for your suggestion, chukonu.
Unfortunately, each modder is enhancing the camera options separately by modding at the moment.
But it would be awesome if Codemasters could add more camera options and make it possible to adjust "everything" in-game. I also hope to see that in the future update or next DiRT game. :)
Thanks so much for replying!
I understand that I now have to choose between the one and the other :( But I was wondering if your and his mod maybe target different values in the XML file, and that they could be merged? I took a look inside (with the binXML converter) but as I have no experience with that I found it hard to find out wether or not maybe the mods would be compatible were they to be merged. It seems to be the case but I cannot say for sure.

Oh man, am i feeling stupid right now. I've been using v4.1 and everything is setup just perfect. Don't want to change a thing, but just update with the new cars. However i didn't document which FOV i originally used, but i'm guessing it's one of the 45.5-55-5 or 55.0-70.0 since i'm on a single monitor setup. What would be the easiest way to find out which cameras.xml is currently in use? Thanks!

Oh, and a big thanks for the mod! It's been a true gamechanger for the better.
Thanks for your kind comment, RaceWasGood. :)
About old Ver.4.1 cars (files), I changed nothing this time. So, you can keep using Ver4.1.

- About how to know "which cameras.xml is currently in use", please try this way.

1. About "which car uses which folder", please refer to this thread.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-cars-tracks-folder-names-list.104727/

2. Next, go to the following directory and open the folder of the car you are playing with.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\(car folder)

3. Open "cameras.xml" file with Notepad. And search (find) by keyword "45.5", "55.5", "45.0" or "70.0".

If you can find "45.5" or "55.5", => you are using "FOV 45.5-55.5" file.
If you can find "50.0" or "70.0", => you are using "FOV 55.0-70.0" file.

I'm not sure this is the exact answer to your question though please let me know if you have any further problem. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for replying!
I understand that I now have to choose between the one and the other :( But I was wondering if your and his mod maybe target different values in the XML file, and that they could be merged? I took a look inside (with the binXML converter) but as I have no experience with that I found it hard to find out wether or not maybe the mods would be compatible were they to be merged. It seems to be the case but I cannot say for sure.
Thanks for your reply, chukonu. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure this is the exact answer to your question though please let me know if you have any further problem. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks and yes, that's the exact answer to my question :) I'm a bit confused though, cause my

...\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\(car folder)\cameras.xml -files

contains all of the alternatives: "45.5", "55.5", "50.0" and "70.0". For example when i do a search/count with notepad++ within the ...\models\mcs\cameras.xml file i get 45.5 - 1 match, 55.5 - 1 match, 50.0 - 2 matches and 70.0 - 3 matches :confused:

Thanks and yes, that's the exact answer to my question :) I'm a bit confused though, cause my

...\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\(car folder)\cameras.xml -files

contains all of the alternatives: "45.5", "55.5", "50.0" and "70.0". For example when i do a search/count with notepad++ within the ...\models\mcs\cameras.xml file i get 45.5 - 1 match, 55.5 - 1 match, 50.0 - 2 matches and 70.0 - 3 matches :confused:
My explanation was not enough, I'm sorry.
"45.5" is a unique number used only in my Mod.
So,

If you can find "45.5", => you are using "FOV 45.5-55.5" file.
If you can't find "45.5", => you are not using "FOV 45.5-55.5" file.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi everyone!
I would like to use the "Center Cam adjusted to Roof Cam with Tilt-Down" for the Ford Fiesta RS Rally car, I installed the file into the folder but nothing happens, it's like the game reverts to the original.
Can you please help me? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I would like to use the "Center Cam adjusted to Roof Cam with Tilt-Down" for the Ford Fiesta RS Rally car, I installed the file into the folder but nothing happens, it's like the game reverts to the original.
Can you please help me? What am I doing wrong?
Hi, bsbenny.
Thanks for your feedback.
I tested all files (of all cars) when I released Ver.4.1. And I've tested the files of Ford Fiesta RS Rally car (not Rallycross) again, and they worked fine on my PC.

- Please try this way again.

1. Please choose the folder (of this Mod) which you want to install, and you can find "cameras.xml" file in it. (a)

2. Go to the following directory, and you can find "cameras.xml" file there, too.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars\models\ffr\cameras.xml (b)

3. Copy & paste (a) to (b), then overwrite.

4. Run "DiRT Rally" and check if it works.

- Also as I wrote in the Readme, please copy & paste "cars" folder when you install the Mod.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally\cars

Hope this helps. And please let me know if you still have the problem. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years