DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Available for Digital Pre Order Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4 - 5.jpg

Codemasters confirm DiRT 4 open for digital pre order, release scheduled for June 6th 2017.

With much fanfare surrounding the latest rally title from Codemasters in recent weeks, the British developers have confirmed digital pre orders for the new title are now open, with the game scheduled to retail for £44.99 UK.

Unlike the previous DiRT Rally release, DiRT 4 will feature a wider variety of rally style machinery whilst still maintaining the simulation aspects of the game that have proven to be so popular with fans left cold by the previously arcade quick play focused DiRT series games of recent years.

Codemasters have already confirmed DiRT 4 will retain the official licence for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, plus new series such as Landrush, dirt trucks and dirt buggies joining the traditional point to point rally stages.

As well as the new series and promises of offering a more complete offline career mode, one of the biggest features due to be included in the new game will be the innovative 'Your Stage' feature.

"Your Stage is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills" say Codemasters of the new functionality.​

DiRT 4 - 8.jpg

With pre orders now open for digital copies of the game, and fresh on the back of the very successful DiRT Rally release, Codemasters will be hopeful of continuing their recent return to form as rallying on PC and console continues to rise in popularity.

KEY FEATURES:

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
  • THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
  • LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
  • JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
  • DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
  • CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
  • COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
  • NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
  • TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
  • DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

DiRT 4 will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC 6th June 2017. You can pre order your digital copy of DiRT 4 HERE.

DiRT 4 - 2.jpg
DiRT 4 - 6.jpg
DiRT 4 - 11.jpg

You can check out the RaceDepartment DiRT 4 sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the new title from Codemasters. Head over to our sub forum and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to DiRT 4? Do you think the game will be comparable to the quality of DiRT Rally? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
"Your stage" sounds very cool. Can these be saved for future use (if the automagic generator happens to produce a really nice course)?

Of course, the cars will still roll over a magic blanket of canned effects (as in Dirt Rally) instead of having true physics-based surfaces and responses from the cars :( That means it will be nice eye candy, but won't provide a sim equivalent to iRacing or rF2 or even AC on the rally side.

"Your stage" sounds very cool. Can these be saved for future use (if the automagic generator happens to produce a really nice course)?

Of course, the cars will still roll over a magic blanket of canned effects (as in Dirt Rally) instead of having true physics-based surfaces and responses from the cars :( That means it will be nice eye candy, but won't provide a sim equivalent to iRacing or rF2 or even AC on the rally side.
According to one of the dev's speaking in a recent interview - yes, stages can be saved and even shared with friends, replayed, etc.

Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales

Five locations? That's highly disappointing. Where the hell is Monaco, Germany, Finland and Greece? Why did they get removed. That is a huge step back because they could have easily had nine different locations

Also only five RallyCross locations? I still think they need more. Three RallyCross locations became stale quickly, and the fact they've only added 2 circuits

Also this talk about not having WRC cars. Is that just the 2017 cars we won't get or do we miss out on the ones from like 2013-2016?

D

Deleted member 236927

• Deleted member 236927

I'm also disappointed to know that there're only five rally locations in Dirt4. I wish they add Monte Carlo, Germany & Finland. I hate rally Sweden in Dirt Rally.
I also wish they replace fiesta R5 with at least 2016 model.

50 Cars so that means DLC then has they will keep some of the legend cars back for that.
Not seing enough changes listed I need more details on what they think realistic simulated damage is.
I know CM have a good damage model yer the cars bend & deform , but still 200 Kph into a wall in Dirt still means you can drive on. in RBR its game over & that is game over 10 year old that still simulates damage better than any CM Rally game has to date.

WTF Rally School based in the USA since when has the USA been the traditional home of rallying , lord please not some tips from some American Rally driver again like we had in Dirt 1 & 2 , I fear Ken Block again.

I am sure it will be solid fun to play has most of the Dirt series have been , but I will not believe its going to a Simulation in the fullest meaning.

CM want to make money so its going to be aimed at casual player with plenty of rewind features & easy win options.
I will wait and see first.
I have played all of their games s far they are fun for a few hrs.
But its never going to be a sim.

If they cannot include stages from events which hold real world rally, then maybe the "Your Stage" feature could be programmed to include some features from these countries - so we could create a rally Finland.

A rally game with no Finland or Monte Carlo is a bit bleh. Spain, Michigan and Australia...so sandy dirt all round? Would've liked to have see something like Corsia or Safari rally if they couldn't use current ones.

it said somewhere that they ran into trouble with the FIA licence holders and are no longer allowed to do stages in countries which host a real life FIA WRC event. Which is very very sad. I think it has to do with the official WRC game doing more aggressive marketing in the esports sector.

Wales, Australia, Spain and Sweden all host a real life WRC event so I'm not buying that reasoning

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 138 27.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 51 10.0%
  • €3001-5000