DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Available for Digital Pre Order Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4 - 5.jpg

Codemasters confirm DiRT 4 open for digital pre order, release scheduled for June 6th 2017.

With much fanfare surrounding the latest rally title from Codemasters in recent weeks, the British developers have confirmed digital pre orders for the new title are now open, with the game scheduled to retail for £44.99 UK.

Unlike the previous DiRT Rally release, DiRT 4 will feature a wider variety of rally style machinery whilst still maintaining the simulation aspects of the game that have proven to be so popular with fans left cold by the previously arcade quick play focused DiRT series games of recent years.

Codemasters have already confirmed DiRT 4 will retain the official licence for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, plus new series such as Landrush, dirt trucks and dirt buggies joining the traditional point to point rally stages.

As well as the new series and promises of offering a more complete offline career mode, one of the biggest features due to be included in the new game will be the innovative 'Your Stage' feature.

"Your Stage is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills" say Codemasters of the new functionality.​

DiRT 4 - 8.jpg

With pre orders now open for digital copies of the game, and fresh on the back of the very successful DiRT Rally release, Codemasters will be hopeful of continuing their recent return to form as rallying on PC and console continues to rise in popularity.

KEY FEATURES:

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
  • THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
  • LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
  • JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
  • DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
  • CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
  • COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
  • NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
  • TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
  • DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

DiRT 4 will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC 6th June 2017. You can pre order your digital copy of DiRT 4 HERE.

DiRT 4 - 2.jpg
DiRT 4 - 6.jpg
DiRT 4 - 11.jpg

You can check out the RaceDepartment DiRT 4 sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the new title from Codemasters. Head over to our sub forum and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to DiRT 4? Do you think the game will be comparable to the quality of DiRT Rally? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Basically this title is pure marketing and let me explain you why.what we know so far.less locations,same distance on stages around 10km,not official licensed wrc cars because they simply cant,not proper triple screen support like iracing or AC,we know nothing about the new tyre model they just claim that they made improvements but dont expect AC or iracing tyre temps or wear.Why i said this is pure marketing.if they had the list amount of respect to their customers who helped dirt rally be the title that is today since day one of the early access.with 3,4 more updates like AC does or iracing,or RF2 we could of have the better physics,triple screen,proper onboard cameras and even more cars or the new stage system.instead they go for the money to cash in on the success of dirt rally now that is still hot.

Spain, Michigan and Australia...so sandy dirt all round?

Spain is Tarmac.

instead they go for the money to cash in on the success of dirt rally now that is still hot.

Actually, there is a very good reason for this, the last DiRT (before Rally) and GRID games were poor, the F1 games didn't have top quality, sales were going down. DiRT Rally was a budget title, that almost didn't get released at all as the board wasn't too positive about it.
Codemasters actually need money, and I am quite sure that if DiRT Rally hadn't been the success it actually was, they would not have been able to acquire Evolution Studios either.

I am quite firmly against things like this, but I also understand the need to survive. Though, if DiRT 4 'flops' then they've screwed it all up.

It looks really interesting to me – way more options than DiRT Rally. I can't understand why so many people criticize the lack of locations ... Trying to master only one of them could take months or years ... My only wish is that they improve the terrible camera system of DiRT Rally, with a fully player-controllable camera and a purely external "TV" replay mode that does not switch to on-car views all the time.

Loved the Colin McRae Rally series. Dirt Rally, yuk. Loved Grid. Grid2, yuk. Bunch of truncated sections patched together to seem like different dedicated tracks. Nope, no more Codemaster games for me. Sorry, I used to love them.

View attachment 175202
Codemasters confirm DiRT 4 open for digital pre order, release scheduled for June 6th 2017.

With much fanfare surrounding the latest rally title from Codemasters in recent weeks, the British developers have confirmed digital pre orders for the new title are now open, with the game scheduled to retail for £44.99 UK.

Unlike the previous DiRT Rally release, DiRT 4 will feature a wider variety of rally style machinery whilst still maintaining the simulation aspects of the game that have proven to be so popular with fans left cold by the previously arcade quick play focused DiRT series games of recent years.

Codemasters have already confirmed DiRT 4 will retain the official licence for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, plus new series such as Landrush, dirt trucks and dirt buggies joining the traditional point to point rally stages.

As well as the new series and promises of offering a more complete offline career mode, one of the biggest features due to be included in the new game will be the innovative 'Your Stage' feature.

"Your Stage is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills" say Codemasters of the new functionality.​

View attachment 175204

With pre orders now open for digital copies of the game, and fresh on the back of the very successful DiRT Rally release, Codemasters will be hopeful of continuing their recent return to form as rallying on PC and console continues to rise in popularity.

KEY FEATURES:

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
  • THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
  • LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
  • JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
  • DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
  • CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
  • COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
  • NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
  • TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
  • DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

DiRT 4 will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC 6th June 2017. You can pre order your digital copy of DiRT 4 HERE.

View attachment 175201 View attachment 175203 View attachment 175205

You can check out the RaceDepartment DiRT 4 sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the new title from Codemasters. Head over to our sub forum and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to DiRT 4? Do you think the game will be comparable to the quality of DiRT Rally? Let us know in the comments section below!

"Your Stage is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills" say Codemasters of the new functionality."
I admit, this sounds quite interesting.
I just hope realization will match expectations.

...My only wish is that they improve the terrible camera system of DiRT Rally, with a fully player-controllable camera and a purely external "TV" replay mode that does not switch to on-car views all the time.
What man says! :thumbsup:
I don't complain much on on-boards, since we can move those as we want but TV ones are really quite horrible. I always wonder... how for **** sake these developers don't understand that we want a replay that looks like a real TV rally coverage. Is it that hard ...to understand ?!?
Like we want ALL other aspect to be as close as the real racing but when it comes to replay, naaah... I really love those unrealistic on-board angles with laughable FOVs, cameras that follow cars in some unrealistically close distance or they are on... some long poles that are glued to cars, etc etc,... What, real TV cameras you say ? Naaah, thanks but no thanks. :alien::cautious: Silly, really.

Last edited:
Spain is Tarmac.

Actually, there is a very good reason for this, the last DiRT (before Rally) and GRID games were poor, the F1 games didn't have top quality, sales were going down. DiRT Rally was a budget title, that almost didn't get released at all as the board wasn't too positive about it.
Codemasters actually need money, and I am quite sure that if DiRT Rally hadn't been the success it actually was, they would not have been able to acquire Evolution Studios either.

I am quite firmly against things like this, but I also understand the need to survive. Though, if DiRT 4 'flops' then they've screwed it all up.
i hope they fail simply because they are using stupid methods.kunos set the example after netkar pro that with a new title like AC if you work hard and bring a good product to the market you will have success.they also proved that you dont have to cover all customers(arcade,simcade)just sim can bring you money and the respect of the comunity.

Five locations? That's highly disappointing. Where the hell is Monaco, Germany, Finland and Greece? Why did they get removed. That is a huge step back because they could have easily had nine different locations
They said it's a licensing issue. No more official stages. But i think they just went back to the licensed countrys they already had. Colin Mcrea rally has always been Australia, Spain, Sweden & Wales, not sure about Michigan though. Could just be to attract more US interest. Or Ken Block had some influence.
i can only hope they will add countrys later.

Last edited:
i hope they fail simply because they are using stupid methods.kunos set the example after netkar pro that with a new title like AC if you work hard and bring a good product to the market you will have success.they also proved that you dont have to cover all customers(arcade,simcade)just sim can bring you money and the respect of the comunity.

Yes compare Kunos (30 employees) with Codemasters (800 employees). Don't think the revenue from AC will keep Codemasters alive...

• tunaphis

Before the WRC comes to town it secures road permits,commercial licenses and leases on the stages used from the local council.As regulating body the FIA controls these licenses and can lease them to video game producers or in CodeMaster's case not.Like it or not Jean Todt has complete control on where rally sims are headed and will continue to do so until monoply laws change to include non-profits.

They said it's a licensing issue. No more official stages. But i think they just went back to the licensed countrys they already had. Colin Mcrea rally has always been Australia, Spain, Sweden & Wales, not sure about Michigan though. Could just be to attract more US interest. Or Ken Block had some influence.
i can only hope they will add countrys later.

CMR - New Zeland, Greece, Australia, Monte Carlo, Sweden, Corsica, Wales.

Overall DiRT 4 looks promising but I'll wait and see. Pre-set materials for the "your stage" function for other non licensed countries could solve the problem completely. Finland becomes Norway and has almost identical forests. Monte Carlo becomes Italy, just a few miles along the coast (or France). There are ways to solve this.

I'm a little disappointed as I was really hoping for more locations to drive even if they are fictional. But the most missing feature is VR, for sure without VR support I will not buy Dirt 4.

If the stages they model are obvious ones from the WRC, count on WRC lawyers knocking on the door at some point.

Same with the cars. For obvious reasons WRC won't allow the newest cars in anything but the official game.

Fun fact. When CM made the stages for Dirt Rally they were hoping to aquire the WRC license, which later landed on Kylotonn, or whatever they are called.

If the stages they model are obvious ones from the WRC, count on WRC lawyers knocking on the door at some point.

Same with the cars. For obvious reasons WRC won't allow the newest cars in anything but the official game.

Fun fact. When CM made the stages for Dirt Rally they were hoping to aquire the WRC license, which later landed on Kylotonn, or whatever they are called.

But the stages wouldn't be the same. They'd just be in similar areas. The great thing about rally is the stages could be fictional but have the feel of a real location. You can't copyright an entire countries landscape, or feel.

Rally France. South coast, in the winter. It isn't Monte Carlo.

But the stages wouldn't be the same. They'd just be in similar areas. The great thing about rally is the stages could be fictional but have the feel of a real location. You can't copyright an entire countries landscape, or feel.

Rally France. South coast, in the winter. It isn't Monte Carlo.

That's absolutely right. The countries are not licensed, nor are the actual roads. It's the actual stages used by the WRC that could possibly cause problems.

Then I think that's a brilliant opportunity to go fictional, but realistic.

In a racing game we all notice when a track is wrong, nevermind fictional. We've driven scanned tracks like iRacing so many times that we know every inch of those circuits. But rally stages? I want them to be fictional. I don't want to know the stage, and I certainly don't want to memorise it.

If Codemasters have someone reading the forums - I will pay for DiRT 4 if it drives like DiRT Rally and can generate stages of all the countries you've stated. And then I'd buy DLC packs of countries too. Fancy selling me an infinite amount of Monte Carlo stages, but called France? I'll buy that. Fancy selling me some an infinite amount of Germany stages, called Poland? Finland called Norway? Safari called Kenya? Scotland called...wait, you can still call that Scotland. :) I'll buy all of these. Take my money Codemasters!

Why on earth would you post things like "take my money"

It is because of people like you that DLC even exists and ius being pushed to the point of stupidity now.

Can you not remember a time when games were built complete, their new version was 3 years down the line, not next year and they were launched with lots of cars, stages and features already. And the game was patched regularly as a product, not twice until the next one needs to be started.

If you say things like this all you are doing is encouraging companies to launch a title for a slightly cheaper price (not the case here as its 55 quid FFS) and then ask you for more and more in DLC, meaning that 10 years ago your game cost 40 quid, and now it costs 80. But you can't access all of it ASAP.

Are you really so silly you can't see how damaging that is for the future of gaming?
You are not getting more, you are getting what you should have got in the first place!!

No VR = No Buy
Codemasters have given a big FU to all VR enthusiasts of DiRT Rally who supported them from day 1 of early access. Retrograde thinking, stupidity.

They haven't given a big FU at all. They've developed a new game in a very short space of time (in the game design world) and VR wasn't on top of the priority list as it's still a bit of a niche market.

The response to VR on PS4 for DiRT Rally has been very good, and this will likely influence a VR patch later on after release.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 13.9%