DiRT 4 DiRT 4 Available for Digital Pre Order Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 4 - 5.jpg

Codemasters confirm DiRT 4 open for digital pre order, release scheduled for June 6th 2017.

With much fanfare surrounding the latest rally title from Codemasters in recent weeks, the British developers have confirmed digital pre orders for the new title are now open, with the game scheduled to retail for £44.99 UK.

Unlike the previous DiRT Rally release, DiRT 4 will feature a wider variety of rally style machinery whilst still maintaining the simulation aspects of the game that have proven to be so popular with fans left cold by the previously arcade quick play focused DiRT series games of recent years.

Codemasters have already confirmed DiRT 4 will retain the official licence for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, plus new series such as Landrush, dirt trucks and dirt buggies joining the traditional point to point rally stages.

As well as the new series and promises of offering a more complete offline career mode, one of the biggest features due to be included in the new game will be the innovative 'Your Stage' feature.

"Your Stage is an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills" say Codemasters of the new functionality.​

DiRT 4 - 8.jpg

With pre orders now open for digital copies of the game, and fresh on the back of the very successful DiRT Rally release, Codemasters will be hopeful of continuing their recent return to form as rallying on PC and console continues to rise in popularity.

KEY FEATURES:

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
  • 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
  • THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
  • LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
  • JOYRIDE – Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends
  • DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!
  • CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
  • COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
  • NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system
  • TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
  • DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

DiRT 4 will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC 6th June 2017. You can pre order your digital copy of DiRT 4 HERE.

DiRT 4 - 2.jpg
DiRT 4 - 6.jpg
DiRT 4 - 11.jpg

You can check out the RaceDepartment DiRT 4 sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the new title from Codemasters. Head over to our sub forum and join in the conversation today!

Looking forward to DiRT 4? Do you think the game will be comparable to the quality of DiRT Rally? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Why on earth would you post things like "take my money"

It is because of people like you that DLC even exists and ius being pushed to the point of stupidity now.

Can you not remember a time when games were built complete, their new version was 3 years down the line, not next year and they were launched with lots of cars, stages and features already. And the game was patched regularly as a product, not twice until the next one needs to be started.

If you say things like this all you are doing is encouraging companies to launch a title for a slightly cheaper price (not the case here as its 55 quid FFS) and then ask you for more and more in DLC, meaning that 10 years ago your game cost 40 quid, and now it costs 80. But you can't access all of it ASAP.

Are you really so silly you can't see how damaging that is for the future of gaming?
You are not getting more, you are getting what you should have got in the first place!!

I post "take my money" because I believe developers need paid. We are buying a full game. If they want to sell me more optional stuff at a later date, I'll buy that. DLC has existed for games for decades - they just used to call it expansion packs. There were Amiga 1200 games that sold you new content on floppy discs that you inserted during the loading sequence and it gave you new content. The Command and Conquer series had expansions too. The only thing different now is you can download it. So no, I don't remember a time when this happened, because there never has been a time when gaming had no expansion packs.

There is no evidence that in this case they are leaving out content to sell us later, especially as no DLC has been announced. Jumping to conclusions like that is nonsense and unless you have proof of it, you're just being an entitled gamer.

Also, you can find DiRT 4 for £28 on eBay for a Steam code. You can find a hard copy for £35. If you want to pay £55 for it, then on you go. However you know what you're getting for that £55. You then have the option (important word that) to pay for more content later (stuff that was not in the original game, and you know it wasn't in the original game) if you chose to do it. If you do not support the idea of paying for more content, then you're free to not pay for it and not have it. If you're not happy with the original content, then you're free to not pay for that and not have it either.

So no, I'm not being silly, I'm being realistic. Gaming is the only industry where the consumers feel entitled enough to demand free stuff be added to a product later, and say that paying for work is a bad thing. I am buying DiRT Rally (should it be a good product). I know what I am getting for that money. I am asking that Codemasters make more content later and sell it to me at a reasonable price. Because this is new content, I am happy to pay for it, because I believe people should get paid for their work.

If you don't agree, feel free to not buy things. I'll be over here enjoying new content and paying developers for their work.

Lol

So in an era where you used to be able to get full game for 30 quid. With 95% of the content in the game.

You are quite happy in this era to spend 55 - 60 for the same thing? A game released half finished (for the cost of what you got 15 years ago fully), and then the content dripped out for your extra money and pleasure. When it was already written in the first place and could have been included in the original release.

I will never agree to that. As it is simply a result of people not having the control and sense to realise they are being ripped off.

And you sir have been mugged off by these so called hard up developers you seem to adore.

more fool you sadly.

Lol

So in an era where you used to be able to get full game for 30 quid. With 95% of the content in the game.

You are quite happy in this era to spend 55 - 60 for the same thing? A game released half finished (for the cost of what you got 15 years ago fully), and then the content dripped out for your extra money and pleasure. When it was already written in the first place and could have been included in the original release.

I will never agree to that. As it is simply a result of people not having the control and sense to realise they are being ripped off.

And you sir have been mugged off by these so called hard up developers you seem to adore.

more fool you sadly.

I sir, have not been mugged - you just don't understand inflation. Games weren't £30 15 years ago, but lets take your argument anyway and pretend they were. Correct that £30 for inflation and it becomes £46 according to the Bank of England inflation calculator. On Steam, DiRT 4 is retailing at £45 (not the £60 you claim), which is £1 cheaper than the inflation price. On Amazon, you can buy it for £35 (not the £60 you claim), making it £11 cheaper than the inflation price. On eBay you can get a Steam code for £28 (not the £60 you claim), which brings it in at £18 cheaper than inflation.

I don't know where you're buying DiRT 4 for £60, but I think you're the one being mugged.

I never said developers were hard up, or I adored them. I just have a simple value that people should get paid for their work. If you don't like that, then I expect you to offer your employeer the chance for you to work completely for free. You've put words into my post that I never said because you're so desperate to make your case.

So lets address content. You have absolutely no evidence that what I'm asking for in DLC has already been produced, so lets just ignore that comment. Lets take the original Colin McRae Rally as a benchmark, for a few reasons. It was released in 1998, which makes it 20 years old. It is historically part of the DiRT series. And it's considered one of the best racing/rally games ever made.

CMR shipped with 12 cars, over 3 classes. (FWD Novice, 4WD WRC, and Historic Bonus cars). It shipped with 7 rally locations, and 8 stages per rally. It has one mode.

DiRT 4 ships with 52 cars, over 17 classes. It ships with 5 rally locations, with an infinite amount of stages per rally. It has at least 3 game modes (Rally, RallyX, Landrush).

And this is before you start talking about online modes, leaderboards, etc. Want to tell me how little content it has and I'm being ripped off? I'm getting more content for my money, and paying less. Seems like I'm getting a bargain here. If you'd like to know more about how we're not getting shafted for games now, I recommend the following article. It's in dollars, but generally backs up what I've said -

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/15/the-real-cost-of-gaming-inflation-time-and-purchasing-power

Last edited:
Lol

more fool you sadly.

I don`t remember any Codemasters rally game being broken on release day or having not enough content or something... Many other game developers have that problem, I agree, but this arcticle is about Dirt 4 ! It will be released in few days! Why not wait a little while and see reviews and then complain how bad it is!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.3%