Did you know..thread.

Did you know (Erik knows cause I told him). That Ferrari in 1964 had two races where they ran in blue and white. Not red. It was a proxy team called North American Racing Team. Which ran Surtees, Bandini and Pedro Rodriguez , and operated as the factory team for the last two races that season. It was a protest against a mid-engined Ferrari race car!

Did you also know that in 1961 Olivier Gendebien entered a yellow Ferrari in the Belgian GP.

These are the only times where an official, or as in the NART-case "private" Ferrari has raced in F1 in a color other than red.

Oh, and I'm happy to be proved wrong :p

Did you know that the F1 cars have more than one kilometer of cable linked to about 100 sensors and actuators which monitor and control the car?
That I actually believe, I'm sure if I took all the cables from my computer, steering wheels, mice, etc. it would total a few hundred metres lol. So in an F1 car which is way more technologically advanced I could see them having 1km of cable.

Did you know that D. Coulthard drove the 96 Monaco Gp with a Helmet auf MSC because his one was soaking wet after the warm up.

Did you know that in this GP only 4 cars finished.
Did you know that actually only 3 cars finished not 4? :) Frenzen stopped at the last lap and he didn't cross the checkered flag :) Oh and did you know this was the first and only win for Panis?

Did you know that actually only 3 cars finished not 4? :) Frenzen stopped at the last lap and he didn't cross the checkered flag :) Oh and did you know this was the first and only win for Panis?
Did you know he actually drove into pitlane on a lap before race was finished (not on last lap). An there was no actual last lap since race was finished after 2 hours. Yes, i'm pedantic :)
Frentzen could have won, but he broke his front wing while trying to pass moving chicane Irvine. Panis was more patient :)

Did you know that the last lap they made is the actual LAST lap cause they didn't run one more :) Sauber's garaje was after the start-finish line so he actually started the last lap :D Sorry for being pedantic hahahah :D

Did you know that the last lap they made is the actual LAST lap cause they didn't run one more :) Sauber's garaje was after the start-finish line so he actually started the last lap :D Sorry for being pedantic hahahah :D
Hmm, no i think that's not true. Start-finish line is (and was in 96) near the pit exit, and judgin from race video Sauber boxes were definitely not last, so I don't think he started last lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back