1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you know..thread.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Hampus Andersson, May 22, 2012.

1. A thread where you can post your "F1-did you know?"

So if you stumbled across something that isn´t as known publically or never really thought of that is F1 related then post it here.

Did you know....that Mclaren has been on the podium in 50% of all their races in Formula 1 history?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Did you know... A modern day F1 car can go from 0 to 100 to 0 MPH in under 4 seconds
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Did you know... This is Pirelli's fourth stint in Formula 1, having been in Formula 1 during 1950-1958, 1981-1986, 1989-1991 and now again since last year(2011).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. F1 driver lose 2kg in a GP
    • Like Like x 1
  5. How I would love to actually experience that!! :sick:
  6. The Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point in Ohio, USA goes 0-120 in 3.8 seconds, I've been on it twice and I can honestly say it feels like getting punch in the stomach lol.
  7. Is it wrong that despite your painful sounding description that still sounds awesome to me haha:roflmao:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. We're getting a little off topic, but yeah it's pretty awesome and is probably a good representation of what the acceleration is in a F1 car.
  9. Did you know that once F1 car reaches 250 km/h it can drive upside down?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Did you know that once the same F1 car slows down to 40 km/h it falls back to the ground?
    • Like Like x 10
  11. Cute, but I don't think fuel system will work when car is upside down
  12. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

If the valves and pumps are good enough it will.
  13. That would mean you could drive it upside down at 50km/h.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. over 4000 gear changes during the Monaco race /per driver
  15. Bring back the H-Pattern tranny.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Then it should be less gear changes, If my thinking is right?
  17. Well, Porsche made a 7-speed Pattern so yeah... Not that it'd be sensible to use all of them XD
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Did you know that approximate 80 000 componentes come together to make an F1 car?

Therefore, if a F1 car was assembled 99.9% correctly, it would go on the track with 80 components wrongly placed.
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Did you know...that Jim Clark in 1963 at SPA in heavy rain and foggy conditions started 8th and by the 17th lap had lapped the whole field except Bruce Mclaren and won the race with a lead of almost 5 minutes to Bruce?
    • Like Like x 9