Did you know..thread.

Did you know... that there has been 6 championship leader changes in 7 races in the 2012 season? Button, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton. Only after the Spanish Grand Prix has there been no leader change.

Edit: I'd also like to add that there had been 4 leader changes after round 7 in 2010, which has the record for most leader changes in a season (11)

I heard this yesterday on the Swedish TV (I will make my reserch after the race) but ATM Alonsos 20p lead is almost 3 times more then any other driver have had. (I belive the biggest lead before was 7p with Button after winning Melbourne)

Did you know that the last time a Grand Prix victory was shared between two drivers was in 1962 Mexican GP when the legendary Jim Clark and Trevor Taylor shared the win.
And did you know that Clark had to claw back the 57 second deficit on the leaders when he took over the car and eventually won by a narrow margin of 1 min? And did you also know that this "shared win" would not had happened if Clark was not disqualified for a push start in the first place?

Did you know that...........

The saying "Going Harry Flatters" is cockney rhyming slang for "going like the clappers" which means to go very fast.

The saying "going like the clappers" has two possible origins.......

1) The metal striker inside a bell is called a clapper or a hammer and can move very fast and repetitively.

2) An old Shrove Tuesday custom where people would beg by "clapping"stones together to alert farmhouses to thier presence.

What does this have to do with F1??? Well I only just clocked that it had to be F1 related.....:rolleyes:...der... but I remember reading "Harry Flatters" in a book called "The Last Road Race" about the Pescara GP and I really liked the saying. I think it was a widely used saying in that time of racing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Road-R...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343166883&sr=1-1

BTW it is a fantastic read if you like that era of racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back