Tracks Deutschlandring

Screenshot_shelby_cobra_427sc_thomson_25-2-118-22-33-39.jpg

:D

I very rarely use Thomson Road, so when I occasionally see screenshots of it, I am quite surprised how good it looks in-game, and it makes me feel rather proud of it :)

I hope I can equal it with Feldbergring :unsure:

It's a great track and you should be proud.

Happy to hear you're still going (for now :)), I like the early version of Deutschlandring I got but I have to admit the unfinished overall look does turn me off a bit.

A day or two ago, a friend on GTPlanet who's recently converted to the PC version of AC brought up the current rating system. I think he hit the nail on the head:
"Almost everyone there just gives 5 star ratings to every mod they come across, as if it's an encouragement system and not a rating system."

Agreed, it's a nice sentiment to give an encouraging review, but sadly it makes the whole system somewhat useless.

Thats why what really counts are only large amount of ratings, and then you should look at the end of the rating. 4.5 will mean mehhh. bellow average, 4.7 is average, 4.8 alright, 4.9 good, 4.95 and above is great. And I repeat, it depends on the amount too, because many average mods can have fewer but only great ratings...

However, as I have learned in the past most modders has zero care for those ratings, good and bad, and thats probably the best way how to act in the internet these days...

Though some reviews which are worth attention are made from time to time, big thanks to those people.

I very rarely use Thomson Road, so when I occasionally see screenshots of it, I am quite surprised how good it looks in-game, and it makes me feel rather proud of it :)

I hope I can equal it with Feldbergring :unsure:
There is something about Thomson Road that I don't believe I've noticed with other tracks. I don't even know what it is...but I know it's something. :laugh: :roflmao: I think it's the amount of trees...and the variety of tree types. Once you get to the first hairpin turn the track becomes engulfed in a jungle-like environment. The environment is so lush and so green! There is no run-off anywhere. Trees line the track and the overhang and bushes give the track this extremely narrow look. Narrow isn't the right word, but I can't think of what would be more fitting. The fact that you can't see any sections of track other than what's in front of you and quite often you only see that you're approaching a bend in the road and you will have no idea what lies ahead until you're practically right on top of it. I feel like I'm in a NYC subway and there is absolutely no where to go but straight...Even the stands for the fans are so close to the edge of the track. I love it...I just wish I could properly describe why instead of these ramblings. :laugh:

I hope the clip below is okay. If you'd prefer I remove it, just give me the word.:thumbsup:

Happy to hear you're still going (for now :)), I like the early version of Deutschlandring I got but I have to admit the unfinished overall look does turn me off a bit.
That's outrageous. :speechless: :mad: You asked for an early, unfinished version of the track. The author was kind enough to oblige, but you are turned off because it looks unfinished?! What did you expect an unfinished track to look like? :confused:

EDIT: I don't know what the heck I did to the audio in that clip. I know I boosted the volume so it would make more of an impact...Also, I have no idea how to make cameras and no clue how to animate a camera. That's why the camera jumps around so hideously. I wanted to keep the car in view and I turned the camera view with my mouse while recording with Fraps. :(

You asked for an early, unfinished version of the track. The author was kind enough to oblige, but you are turned off because it looks unfinished?! What did you expect an unfinished track to look like?

Hey, relax, I understands what he means, and I wasn't offended :)

It's easier to see past the blank terrain and placeholder objects when it's your own track, that you've grown to love over months and months. Not so easy when it's someone else's creation and you're not as familiar with it. This is why progress halts on my tracks from time to time, because I can see in my mind how it's going to look when it's completed, and don't even see what needs to be done (it's like the ultimate VR :roflmao:)

That's outrageous. :speechless: :mad: You asked for an early, unfinished version of the track. The author was kind enough to oblige, but you are turned off because it looks unfinished?! What did you expect an unfinished track to look like? :confused:

I was not complaining that an early version of a track looks early, just saying that because of the unfinishedness I drive it less than I'd like to (unlike Alfie who seems to enjoy tracks just as much with little visual roadside flair) and hope he continues to work on it. Jesus, you make it sound like I **** on his doorstep and threatened to kill his dog.

I was not complaining that an early version of a track looks early, just saying that because of the unfinishedness I drive it less than I'd like to (unlike Alfie who seems to enjoy tracks just as much with little visual roadside flair) and hope he continues to work on it. Jesus, you make it sound like I **** on his doorstep and threatened to kill his dog.
I apologize for misinterpreting your post. I guess I've gotten so used to seeing outlandish and rude comments towards modders - that type of stuff makes my blood boil. Please, forgive me for jumping to conclusions with your post.

Just did some laps on DR 0.15 in @mantasisg ‘s W125, and the only thing that stopped the stupid grin on my face was the multiple deaths. :roflmao:
Crazy good combo!
Thumbs up!
:thumbsup:

That is a wicked combination, isn't it? :cool:

Trying to go flat out from the last corner "Applauskurve" along the main straight is madness in the W125! I wish it was easier to drive sometimes, but then, it's such a rush when you get it right :thumbsup:

I wonder how far went aphidgods physics on it. To me it feels very well, though it is hard to judge how 900Nm on bicycle wheels should behave. In terms of model no susp animation really breaks it. But it doesn't matter when you go over the edge through crazy fast ~30s race track.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.