Tracks Deutschlandring

I apologize for misinterpreting your post. I guess I've gotten so used to seeing outlandish and rude comments towards modders - that type of stuff makes my blood boil. Please, forgive me for jumping to conclusions with your post.

No problem man, it happens :)

It's the stupid internet, it made us all expect the worst from our fellow man at all times.

I wonder how far went aphidgods physics on it. To me it feels very well, though it is hard to judge how 900Nm on bicycle wheels should behave. In terms of model no susp animation really breaks it. But it doesn't matter when you go over the edge through crazy fast ~30s race track.
Well I never noticed the missing suspension movement. Why did you have to mention it? :rolleyes::whistling:
:roflmao:;)

Just a quick update on this track. After I finished and released Feldbergring I went back to DR and did quite a few test laps. Unfortunately I didn't get any 'buzz' from it - it wasn't as great as I remembered it to be from 12 months earlier. I guessed that FBR had spoiled me, with its rollercoaster layout...

I searched YouTube for any new videos that had been uploaded since I worked on DR last and there were one or two really clear ones. I watched these through and the road seemed much more undulating than my version, more swoopy on the drop down into the valley.

I loaded up all my backup files, testing them in-game one by one. The very early versions were really inaccurate, gradually getting closer to how the road appeared in the videos. I could see the track getting more refined as time went on and I was ironing out the bigger bumps. When I got to version 40 (!) the layout was almost right, with some really nice corner combinations with plenty of camber and elevation change. I guess I had refined the track too much with my later versions - gone past the optimum point and actually made it quite dull to drive.

So, I went back to v40, made a couple of camber and width changes, and exported that as my 'new' standard. I did maybe 90-100 laps, and a dozen or so races against the AI, just to make sure it was how I wanted it to feel; the magic was back! :thumbsup:

Now the layout is sorted (again!) I can move on with the visual assets. Some I will borrow from FBR with some texture changes, some will be new. The tree textures need to be redone completely, too (they look awful! what was I thinking?!). So far I have added the kerbs on the hairpin turns, the hay bales (from FBR) and wooden barriers (based on some photos I found of Bremgarten, CH), finally modelled and textured the red bridge at Hohburkersdorf (this has been a grey box for 2 years!), and today I started on the fencing :)

9meu9x6.jpg

7fqPSrS.jpg

XL0d8Ob.jpg

0No3nTH.jpg

8Xd2Ik5.jpg

Just a quick update on this track. After I finished and released Feldbergring I went back to DR and did quite a few test laps. Unfortunately I didn't get any 'buzz' from it - it wasn't as great as I remembered it to be from 12 months earlier. I guessed that FBR had spoiled me, with its rollercoaster layout...

I searched YouTube for any new videos that had been uploaded since I worked on DR last and there were one or two really clear ones. I watched these through and the road seemed much more undulating than my version, more swoopy on the drop down into the valley.

I loaded up all my backup files, testing them in-game one by one. The very early versions were really inaccurate, gradually getting closer to how the road appeared in the videos. I could see the track getting more refined as time went on and I was ironing out the bigger bumps. When I got to version 40 (!) the layout was almost right, with some really nice corner combinations with plenty of camber and elevation change. I guess I had refined the track too much with my later versions - gone past the optimum point and actually made it quite dull to drive.

So, I went back to v40, made a couple of camber and width changes, and exported that as my 'new' standard. I did maybe 90-100 laps, and a dozen or so races against the AI, just to make sure it was how I wanted it to feel; the magic was back! :thumbsup:

Now the layout is sorted (again!) I can move on with the visual assets. Some I will borrow from FBR with some texture changes, some will be new. The tree textures need to be redone completely, too (they look awful! what was I thinking?!). So far I have added the kerbs on the hairpin turns, the hay bales (from FBR) and wooden barriers (based on some photos I found of Bremgarten, CH), finally modelled and textured the red bridge at Hohburkersdorf (this has been a grey box for 2 years!), and today I started on the fencing :)

9meu9x6.jpg

7fqPSrS.jpg

XL0d8Ob.jpg

0No3nTH.jpg

8Xd2Ik5.jpg
I love on this track that you can drive flatout in nearly every car for two eternities before having to brake

9meu9x6.jpg

7fqPSrS.jpg

XL0d8Ob.jpg

0No3nTH.jpg

8Xd2Ik5.jpg
Excellent news! Glad you got your mojo back and are giving this beast the love and attention it deserves. I love the current layout so if an earlier one is even better, then I can't wait to drive it. :)

Last edited:
:roflmao: Funny! Although I think I might be removing the airship from the track. The thing is, this track was never completed. The road itself was completed, but the rest of the race track infrastructure was never built (progress halted in 1939 by the start of WW2).

So, even though my race track will replicate the real thing, everything else will be fictional (basically the same as FBR, which never had pit buildings / grandstands etc). So I'm starting to think that maybe it might be better if I set DR in the early 1950s, before the Le Mans disaster brought most motor racing to end for a few years. It seems to be a golden age of motor racing in Germany. This also ties it in with Feldbergring (1950-1954), Schottenring (1925-1956) and Battenbergring (1953-1956). This would give me 4 very different race tracks all set in the same era, once all 4 tracks are completed (plus the possibility of Solitude, Schleizer Dreieck, Marienberger Dreieck, Bremgarten...)

Which would mean no airship on DR, as all the remaining airships were scrapped in March 1940, and even the construction hangers were all demolished by May 1940. Does that seem logical?

This is a brilliant idea David! It would be amazing (if possible) to have even half finished structures remaining around the track to document this situation and have the typical racing amenities as barriers, grandstands, tents, parked cars, etc … look more like they would appear around a race track that would lack the stationary structures.

It sounds like lot more work though as essentially you would have to make this all up yourself ;-)

Loosing a Zeppelin would also help those who would like to run the track with "younger" vehicles such as 1950's, 60's and even 70's cars.

I'm pretty sure that all us Fat-Alfie fanboys will be delighted whatever you decide.:D

A fanboy? me? Now, that's ridiculous...I'm merely checking if David has posted any information, of any progress on any of his projects, anywhere, few times a day, and spam his posts with :inlove: and :thumbsup: smilies. That doesn't make me a fanboy, right?...Oh, wait:O_o:
:D:roflmao:

:roflmao: Funny! Although I think I might be removing the airship from the track. The thing is, this track was never completed. The road itself was completed, but the rest of the race track infrastructure was never built (progress halted in 1939 by the start of WW2).

So, even though my race track will replicate the real thing, everything else will be fictional (basically the same as FBR, which never had pit buildings / grandstands etc). So I'm starting to think that maybe it might be better if I set DR in the early 1950s, before the Le Mans disaster brought most motor racing to end for a few years. It seems to be a golden age of motor racing in Germany. This also ties it in with Feldbergring (1950-1954), Schottenring (1925-1956) and Battenbergring (1953-1956). This would give me 4 very different race tracks all set in the same era, once all 4 tracks are completed (plus the possibility of Solitude, Schleizer Dreieck, Marienberger Dreieck, Bremgarten...)

Which would mean no airship on DR, as all the remaining airships were scrapped in March 1940, and even the construction hangers were all demolished by May 1940. Does that seem logical?
1950s, you say..?

fourth-reich-technology-space-aliens.jpg

:p

The thing is, this track was never completed. The road itself was completed, but the rest of the race track infrastructure was never built (progress halted in 1939 by the start of WW2).
Oh, great. Thanks a lot Adolph! Now I really hate that jerk. :whistling:

Seriously...I think that would be awesome to have a group of tracks from that period. I envision creating some awesome Single Player Championships in Content Manager if that were to happen. :D

It really cool that you make this unfinished track and finish it for them.....:)

Love the old classic tracks, they always are more demanding on the driver with their narrower roads. Also not to much safety stuff added only some hay bales where they thought it was needed.

Really looking forward to this while I am secretly practicing on the earlier version:p

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing