Tracks Deutschlandring

Didn't even realize there were trackside water features... this just got a little more awesome. :)

Yes, there are streams running along the sides of the track. Apparently there used to be 8 or 9 mills in the valley, all being fed by these streams>rivers. I thought that they might add a nice touch; something that you might catch a glimpse of out of the corner of your eye as you plummet down into the valley, towards your almost certain death :roflmao:
contours-1.jpg

Holy Moly. My excitement level for this track was already off the charts, but now after seeing this... what comes after the charts?? :p

Absolutely love it.:inlove:

I keep watching the video on YouTube of the run around the track. Have you got a recent video with your latest additions to the track? Can't get enough of this track. Wish we could drive it

Looking good Alfie :thumbsup:

The issue about joining normals from both track objects, is that due to keeping the objects attached to the spline? I'm not familiar with this kind of workflow (but understand it fully), so for me it's a "why not just join the verts?"-reaction :p

Well, I use three separate materials for track edge, verge and more distant terrain (so can't just weld all the sections together). The mis-matched normals come about from joining a mesh that started out as a lofted object (verge) and a low poly terrain. I create a bridging mesh between the two and then correct all the normals afterwards.

This may well not be the correct way to work, but it works for me and I feel comfortable working in this way :)

I am thrilled with your work. I know the ring in real and what I see of you is really impressive. If you still need pictures, just say something. I only work 15 minutes away from the Deutschlandring.

I am thrilled that you work only 15 minutes away from the D-Ring :confused: Thrilled, and slightly nervous :unsure: Dammit, now there is someone who will be able to tell when I have done something wrong :redface: (and there will be lots wrong, I am sure of it).

Thank you for your kind offer - I might just accept that offer at some point (possibly some track-side photos of the wooded areas either side of the road).

Anyway, as requested, here is an updated video showing the current build, using the gbW weather mod by Peter Boese, the Kunos Maserati 250F 12 cyl, and a second set of track-side cameras supplied by @norbs, for free :D

Good idea! I'll upload a lap later today :thumbsup:

I made a start on the grass and reeds today. It's so much easier, having learned what I did making Thomson Road :)

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_deutschlandring_20-3-117-5-2-20.jpg

I am definitely going to go swimming in that river at some point, too.

Anyway, as requested, here is an updated video showing the current build, using the gbW weather mod by Peter Boese, the Kunos Maserati 250F 12 cyl, and a second set of track-side cameras supplied by @norbs, for free :D

:confused: Excitement intensifying.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back