Tracks Deutschlandring

No progress for quite a while, sorry, although I will definitely complete the track.

It's probably around 60-70% done (needs 3D grass / ground vegetation mostly) but I took a break and started working on my 1960 Circuit Clermont-Ferrand (Charade) and the 1950s Feldbergring track.

There is a perfectly usable beta version if you would like to try it - it really is great fun to race on with the right cars :) It's set up and ready to go for 24 cars, complete with detailed physics mesh.

1960 Circuit Clermont-Ferrand

1960 Circuit Clermont-Ferrand

:confused: :inlove:

(I'd also love to get my hands on the beta for the Deutschlandring, if you don't mind)

1960s Circuit Clermont-Ferrand layout looks awesome! 8.055km (5 miles). Thank you for bringing such interesting tracks to light, Fat-Alfie. Your current three projects and your Thomson Road Grand Prix are all tracks I had never heard of. If I'm not mistaken, they don't even exist any longer (in the configurations you're making.), right? You gave life back to some beautiful, fun race tracks. Lilski has been fantastic doing the same with his Riverside & Bridgehampton circuits too. Just lovely, lovely tracks when the scenery is factored in.

1960s Circuit Clermont-Ferrand layout looks awesome! 8.055km (5 miles). Thank you for bringing such interesting tracks to light, Fat-Alfie. Your current three projects and your Thomson Road Grand Prix are all tracks I had never heard of. If I'm not mistaken, they don't even exist any longer (in the configurations you're making.), right? You gave life back to some beautiful, fun race tracks. Lilski has been fantastic doing the same with his Riverside & Bridgehampton circuits too. Just lovely, lovely tracks when the scenery is factored in.

I've wanted that track in a modern sim since modern sims came about. It's such a gem. Really is France's Nurburgring. It was known to give some drivers motion sickness it was so wild. And the scenery is absolutely breathtaking, with those exposed rock faces and such.

Absolutely can't wait to see it finished. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there.

Hello,
Could you add me to the queue please?
I`m glad to see, that somebody is interested in my home track. So I´m very excited too see the masterpiece.

PS: If you need some more information about the track i may help you.

Last edited:
Great work so far. The track feels awesome, very detailed and lively.
The surroundings look a bit bland so far, but I understand it’s a huge undertaking. I’m shure it will be up to your already well known standards when you are ready to release the 1.0 version.
Thank you very much for this gem! :thumbsup:

The more I feel I'm getting familiar with the layout, it just ends in my hitting something even faster/harder. It really feels so natural, very unlike those contrived modern F1 venues. Just once though, I'd really like to get the last right hander, before the climb back to the start, somewhere near correct... lol.

Knowing the state of both, I think Feldberg is the better track and better project currently... but I do love the D-ring, especially in appropriate or reasonably appropriate cars.

I really love lapping this track in the Maserati 250F 12cyl - it just encourages you to go faster / crash harder.

I am looking forward to getting back on to this track, with all these positive comments :)

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

It already drives and feels fantastic, making the surrounding it will just get better and better. Looking forward to this awesome track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%