dedicated server question.

does anyone know how to set this up? ive found the application in the assetto route directory, however not sure what to do on the entry list tab. any help would be appreciated.

Think I have fixed my problem opened port 8075 as TCP/UDP the HTTP thing was confusing me. Have joined my own room another guy sitting there waitng for me to race but I'm not setup (only testing on a pc) Is there anyway to message other drivers??

I already try disable my comodo firewall or even close it completely & antivirus as well while setup the server and the problem still the same if my modem in PPPoE mode.
Server setup no problem & my friends also can see it in the server list but we just cant join that server with the very same "Unable to contact server" error, so i really not sure if its cause by my comodo firewall or antivirus.

And like i mention before if i change modem to bridging mode then no error at all even my antivirus & comodo firewall is running, dont tell me my comodo firewall block that 8075 & 9600 port in PPPoE mode but allow them in bridging mode.

i never use Default windows firewall. I always turn it off since i have comodo firewall.

By the way the most i dont understand is that i can join other people server no problem at all no matter in PPPoE or bridging mode, so something is blocking me to reach my server but it allow me to reach other people server ??

Last edited:
Hey, I've seen a similar thread going with a different problem but I didn't want to hijack his thread so I decided to create my own.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to connect to my own server, I get the error "Unable to connect to the server "cannot join server currently please refresh server list".

I am running on ports 9600 & 8075 and have both portforwarded in my router settings but still no look. I've tried turning off my firewall on my AV and windows firewall and running both the server and the game in administrative mode. Also my machine is on Windows 8.1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Look at the server launcher program. There on the bottom left you'll see UPD Port: 9600.
Then you'll see HTTP Port: 80 (or maybe some other number).

This is where I had my difficulties connecting or getting anyone else to connect to my server. I was forwarding port 8075. Now that would have worked if 8075 was the number next to the HTTP Port section. But it wasn't: what was there was 80. So I forwarded 9600 and 80 and then it worked.

So put 8075 as the number for the HTTP Port section, then see if it works.

Alan

Somehow i believe i having some kind of problem with my IPv4 because no matter what IP i have the IPv4 always show 192.168.1.2 like this --
& i cant ipconfig /release or ipconfig /renew it, will show error like this --
I believe i have to solve this IPv4 address lock problem first before deal with this AC MP again. Something wrong with my LAN.

Any other advise is welcome but just take your time, no rush & thanks for the help :)
Your computer is always going to have the internal IP 192.168.1.2 assigned by your router. It's your router itself that has the public IP address.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/8903345

Ok end up its my primary modem problem .. The primary one that i use is Riger DB108-WL where i open port like this but didnt work : --
Fe2JBbb.jpg

i try my another spare modem (TP-Link) and set like this : -
oMPoHfB.jpg

Now it work .. I guess either the way i set in the Riger is wrong or something wrong with the modem.

I guess my problem is solve. By the way this TP-Link local IP = 192.168.1.100 while Riger = 192.168.1.2, i wonder if thats the reason why one work one dont work ??

I would say you have found your problem as bridging mode is basically dmz'ing your stuff and all traffic will pass through. Make those ip addresses match what your pc is showing and it should work in pppoe.
Yeah i know that already but the same trick work for my TP-Link but not work for my Riger modem. So i guess my Riger modem has some kind of faulty.

Riger DB108-WL (Wireless ADSL Modem 2/2+) is the one i use all the time but using this modem i can only create server with ping result like this :

9esQtya.jpg

But if i click on booking i get this :

Oo15NEK.jpg

And TP-Link "150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router" is my spare modem which i never use it but it let me join the server no problem.

Note both modem has "Virtual Server" in their NAT menu and i already open 8075 & 9600 port when using them.

For Riger one i set like this (which is not working: PPPoE mode) :

pNKTbCv.jpg

For TP-Link i set like this (which is working: PPPoE mode) :

klnboxK.jpg

Unless the way i set in Riger Virtual Server is wrong or else the modem has some kind of faulty ?? Note i only use one line and one modem at a time.

Anyway its not really big deal now since i can switch to Bridging mode to join my server if i want to keep using Riger (I prefer this over TP-Link) or just use TP-Link.

Me also have a problem with connect to my server. I so him to server list but its not work. The ping is n/a ms.
Cfg is:
Server CFG Path : cfg/server_cfg.ini
Entry List Path : cfg/entry_list.ini
Assetto Corsa Dedicated Server v0.10.1
Protocol version: 10
2014-10-02 07:46:03.2369062 +0200 CEST
LOCAL IP 0: fe80::bc87:e6c5:ca7c:6fcb
LOCAL IP 1: fe80::201f:32be:a04f:4bb4
LOCAL IP 2: 192.168.1.2
LOCAL IP 3: 2001:0:9d38:6abd:201f:32be:a04f:4bb4
Using cfg path: cfg/server_cfg.ini
Car list: