1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC dedicated server question.

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Si, May 9, 2014.

1. Si

Si
    Premium Member

does anyone know how to set this up? ive found the application in the assetto route directory, however not sure what to do on the entry list tab. any help would be appreciated.

2. To be honest i get ban from AC forum just now for asking too much about this question (some people keep insult me, i fight back and i get ban. Great forum) .. i wont go that forum again but lets see if i can get some useful help here instead.
    Mind you i dont know anything about router or networking & i do search internet for my modem model to see how to forward but no luck & i even call to my ISP provider who provide the modem for the question & all they say is "Let me try to reset your port here" ... which doesnt make sense.

Now this is my modem/router menu after i type 192.168.1.1, so which one is for forwarding a port ??
    [​IMG]

Thanks first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey LazyBug go here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Pick your router manufacturer (after click close on the ad), then your model, then a service (you can usually pick anything if you are just doing generic port forwarding as most of the guides only differ in the actual port number).

It will then walk you through how to forward with pics of your router interface. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mmm yeah i find the brand & model in that website but the screenshot it show so different with mine .. I believe its the much older version.
    By the way i already set static IP like this --
    [​IMG]
    And forward port in my router like this --
    [​IMG]
    and great news is i still get this --
    [​IMG]

So what now ??

5. Whats your router model and is it supplied by your ISP? They often customize them. Also your DNS looks off to me. With a DNS of 192.168.1.1 your PC is effectively trying to find the internet by looking at itself.

Try these. They are OpenDNS settings
    Primary: 208.67.222.222
    Secondary. 208.67.220.220

• Like Like x 2
  6. My IP address is ok, i follow exactly the "how to set a static IP" instruction by enter ipconfig/all in CMD to find it like this --
    [​IMG]
    By the way i just get it done, initially i try to set those port in "Port Triggering" which suggest by those guide like this
    [​IMG]
    but end up the right way is actually do this in "Virtual Servers" section like this --
    [​IMG]

So finally it work now. By the way I never play any game that need to do like this for MP. Even the nK-Pro dont need me to do port forwarding like this. Weird game.

Anyway i like to thanks again for your(s) help. Really appreciate it. Much better than those response from those arrogant people in AC forum who not really helping and just keep insulting for my stupidity on this aspect :)

Many many thanks again for the help. Have a good race :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Too bad new problem come out .. i get this when trying to book my server
    [​IMG]

May be i should open a new thread for this ??

8. After a long way to finally learn setup a dedicated server i got this --
    [​IMG]

So what now ?? Thanks first

9. Host it on a different machine..

10. Most games require you to open ports to get mp functioning, at least every one i have played....

Anyhow, you don't have any firewall running, have you (software that is) ?

11. I have firewall software but already 'allow' the exe to go online. Otherwise i wont able to setup server & the my server will not show up in server list in the first place.

12. Are you saying if i create this server from computer "A" i can only book & join the server from computer "B" ??

13. Can you get from your router what your outside IP address is? Otherwise, get it from whatismyipaddress.com.

Then, run cmd.exe and type:

ping <IP address>

If that's not reachable, your AC can't route to the AC server on your computer.

If it is, you probably don't have the incoming connections set up right on your router.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah this is my IP:
    [​IMG]
    And then ping no problem:
    [​IMG]
    And then also no problem create a server and found it in server list which in booking session:
    [​IMG]
    But when i click on it i get this:
    [​IMG]

Problematic MP.

15. Yeah this is my IP:
    [​IMG]
    And then ping no problem:
    [​IMG]
    And also no problem create a server and found it in server list which in booking session:
    [​IMG]
    But when i click on it i get this:
    [​IMG]

So what now ??

16. I wonder if i can join my own server because i can found my server in the list but i get "Unable to contact server" error when i click on it.

17. Lazy bug, Make sure you have your ports open for the sim. I just dmz'd my host comp for now. I also tested it on the same pc. hosting/driving and I could connect using the same pc.

18. Have you tried refresh? server seemingly allow you to connect once you got pinged, in short at the 'n/a'ping you can't connect server.