dedicated server question.

does anyone know how to set this up? ive found the application in the assetto route directory, however not sure what to do on the entry list tab. any help would be appreciated.

Lazy bug, Make sure you have your ports open for the sim. I just dmz'd my host comp for now. I also tested it on the same pc. hosting/driving and I could connect using the same pc.
I already forward port like this in my router like this --
7ZsWY3k.jpg

And the server i create do show up in game's server list when i search for it like this --
9uhGTnZ.jpg

But i get this when i click it --
zlmF26x.jpg

So what else port i have to open ??

Looking at your screen shot provided, static setup will be as follows.

ip address. 192.1658.1.101
Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.1.1
preferred dns 209.18.47.61
alternate dns 209.18.47.62

After that, make sure you open your ports in your router or just for a test, just dmz your computer in the router settings, only downfall to that is it will open every port on the router for that computer.

Just one other thing, for a test, shut off your firewall and your windows firewall. The reason you are getting the "Not able to join" error, is it is showing up in the lobby, so it is showing that the http portion is working, you have no ping to the server and probably nobody else does, so your udp portion is not working correctly.

Am sorry that screenshot is the sample from the guide website, not mine.
Currently my IP is this --
d4MicvW.jpg

But no matter what IP (dynamic) i get my ipconfig always come out like this :
fqi64RA.jpg

You see i got only one DNS servers IP & my IPv4 always 192.168.1.2

Also I just dont understand if i being block or something why i can join & play in other people server ??

Yeah good advise, i will try close my comodo firewall see what happen. By the way I already open the 8075 & 9600 port in comodo firewall too by add rules follow instruction of a youtube video.

Edited: Just close my comodo firewall & kaspersky antivirus and try again but same. The server is successfully create and exist in the server list but "Unable to contact server" still happen.

Last edited:
First thing you need to do is change your dns settings to the ones showed in your router config page or even googles dns settings.

Googles dns settings are :
Some of the problem is that you are using your gateway as your dns setting. Does it work, yes, is it the right way, not really.

Commodo is a very good firewall, but it is very aggressive. try turning it off and also shut off windows firewall. for a test. I need my coffee as I got about 4 hours sleep with two kids under 3 years old. I will revisit in about 15 minutes when I get that accomplished.

Somehow i believe i having some kind of problem with my IPv4 because no matter what IP i have the IPv4 always show 192.168.1.2 like this --
gpZeP2J.jpg

& i cant ipconfig /release or ipconfig /renew it, will show error like this --
PWuX6HU.jpg

I believe i have to solve this IPv4 address lock problem first before deal with this AC MP again. Something wrong with my LAN.

Any other advise is welcome but just take your time, no rush & thanks for the help :)

Hey, I've seen a similar thread going with a different problem but I didn't want to hijack his thread so I decided to create my own.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to connect to my own server, I get the error "Unable to connect to the server "cannot join server currently please refresh server list".

I am running on ports 9600 & 8075 and have both portforwarded in my router settings but still no look. I've tried turning off my firewall on my AV and windows firewall and running both the server and the game in administrative mode. Also my machine is on Windows 8.1

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Deleted member 5090

You need Ports 9600 udp/tcp and Port 8075 udp/tcp and you also need to activate NAT Loopback in your Router to join your own server. When you use a ASUS RTN66U like me you must turn of the NAT Acceleration to activate NAT Loopback.

You know no matter what i do (forward port & set static IP in LAN) while modem is in PPPoE mode i always get "Unable to contact server" but guess what ..
I try to change my modem to Bridging mode + Static IP in LAN (a reset modem without port forward 8075 & 9600) and i can join my own server now.
Weird enough.

Yeah confirm change the modem to dial-up mode (bridging mode) make thing become easy. No need forwarding port. No need set up static IP. Just dial-up & connect to internet and then setup the game server & go join it right away without any problem.

Glad you was able to get connected lady bug. Lewis, you will see that error depending how on long you set the wait time to in the server...Say after the booking period has ended. If you set a wait time of one for practice, it will not let you join for one minute. I had that exact same issue till I figured it out.

Glad you was able to get connected lady bug. Lewis, you will see that error depending how on long you set the wait time to in the server...Say after the booking period has ended. If you set a wait time of one for practice, it will not let you join for one minute. I had that exact same issue till I figured it out.
To be honest i not very happy about this because it only work if i use dial-up mode, meaning i cant use PPPoE mode if i want to play this game with my own server.

If it was a true dial up mode, you would not be able to host or even connect as your speeds would be so slow. Bridged mode basically means you dmz'd the modem and it is passing all traffic with no firewall capabilities. IE use the comodo firewall. If you were still in PPPOE, I would say ditch the comodo firewall as the modem/router you have would block the traffic. I personally, use the routers firewall combed with win7 firewall and a good AV and have never had a issue. When I added a software firewall, it was just to restrictive for me. Sorry for going off topic

I have the same problem as Lazy Bug (well same symptoms anway). I use a service called UnblockUs which allows me to get Netflix in Australia. With this service I have different DNS settings then what I should does anyone think this could be the problem for me??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back