DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

Huh, me no understand. No I can not understand. Why do they give out different editions? Me no understand this, someone do know why? Do can they tell me? :D

No, but like seriously, do anyone know what the difference between the original Dirt 3 and the Dirt 3 Nordic is? :)

Google is your friend.

The Nordic Edition includes 4 packs of Super teams.
Teams reward the player with driver rep for completing bonus objectives
The Super Teams will reward the player from the start of the game with Bonuses equivalent to those seen in the final seasons of the game > they will boost the players Driver Rep if they drive for them.
With each Super Team there will also be four Superstar events added to the DiRT Tour. These bonus events will occur throughout the career and will give them extra races to compete in. Super Teams will be available for purchase 2 months after release

Nordic tracks:
The Finland tracks are set around the Town of Jämsä. This is where the Rally of Finland takes place every year in the region of Jyvaskyla. The stages take players through forests, towns and past beautiful lakes. They are fast flowing stages with many crests and jumps.
The Norway stages are set around the Winter Olympic venue near Lilliehammer in the Hamar region. This is the region where the Rally of Norway takes place. The stages cut through pine forests, along side the bobsleigh run and in the ski jump arena. They are tight technical stages where the player must learn to negotiate the snowy stages and use their spiked tyres to get the maximum advantage.

A few new video previews of Dirt 3 have been released including what looks like the stage Top Gear used in their Winter Olympics challenge.

The Stage Top Gear used in their Winter Olympics.

DiRT 3 gameplay video from onboard the Countryman-based MINI show car of Kris Meeke, during a snow covered stage in Rally Norway.
The stage looks very reminiscent of the track BBC Top Gear used for their rally challenge at Lillehammer a few years ago.
DiRT 3 will boast more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009’s hit, DiRT 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a top-flight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events.

DiRT 3 launches May 24th 2011 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® LIVE.

Source: Rallybuzz

More in our dedicated DIRT 3 forums here

As Seen on the Frontpage....

A few new video previews of Dirt 3 have been released including what looks like the stage Top Gear used in their Winter Olympics challenge.

The Stage Top Gear used in their Winter Olympics.

DiRT 3 gameplay video from onboard the Countryman-based MINI show car of Kris Meeke, during a snow covered stage in Rally Norway.
The stage looks very reminiscent of the track BBC Top Gear used for their rally challenge at Lillehammer a few years ago.
DiRT 3 will boast more cars, more locations, more routes and more events than any other game in the series, including over 50 rally cars representing the very best from five decades of the sport. With more than double the track content of 2009’s hit, DiRT 3 will see players start at the top as a professional driver, with a top-flight career in competitive off-road racing complimented by the opportunity to express themselves in Gymkhana-style showpiece driving events.

DiRT 3 launches May 24th 2011 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows® LIVE.

Dan Long;807331 said:
one word WOW!, this game is going to be immence

I want to agree with you sooo badly, but when I watched all of the dev interviews and all the info I could I came to realize that they watered down the physics in this one for the people who want to " Just pick it up and play without spending hours and hours learning how to drive. The people who do this out number the sim crows 100-1 so we can't ignore them any longer. " <-- This was an actual statement made by the physics designer. :frown: I want to love it but I don't think it will be anything like 2 was... 2 was easy but if you could drive well you really kicked everyone else's ass. It had a fair level of difficulty..

Matt Shewmake;807625 said:
I want to agree with you sooo badly, but when I watched all of the dev interviews and all the info I could I came to realize that they watered down the physics in this one for the people who want to " Just pick it up and play without spending hours and hours learning how to drive. The people who do this out number the sim crows 100-1 so we can't ignore them any longer. " <-- This was an actual statement made by the physics designer. :frown: I want to love it but I don't think it will be anything like 2 was... 2 was easy but if you could drive well you really kicked everyone else's ass. It had a fair level of difficulty..

Wow, they did actually say that? Ok, its a fair point! You can't sell race cars to everyone just because you as a cars engineer think its actually more fun to drive to work with.... But in my mind: If I want to buy a race car to do exactly that I want to be able to do so. So if they already had the physics in 2 why not make it selectable? This also works in multiplayer where a server could set up the rules like: Simulation Cars Only.... Arcade Cars Only...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.