DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

Hi all,

It there any likelyhood of a demo of Dirt 3 being made available for the PC prior 2 May 24th release of the game... ie the current Alpha demo that is the Finland Trailblazer stage...?

It would be great... in order to test out different systems around the world..

Just my thoughts... but what I have watched so far is amazing..

Well done CM...

Edit om 17.02.2011 @ 01.48

31 people have read and not 1 reply.. come on every1.... at least give me some sort of acknowledgement!

31 people have read and not 1 reply.. come on every1.... at least give me some sort of acknowledgement!

what would be the point in everyone who`s reads this thread and knows nothing posted that?

i guess most people thought there was a demo out already out going by the title, i tried googling but found nothing, but rest asured if theres is a demo released it would get posted here pretty quick :D

I think the trend these days is towards not releasing Demos, at least on the PC, many 360 & PS3 games seem to have a Demo. I have a large amount of Cynicism for breakfast every morning which probably explains why I think they don't release PC Demos anymore because people wouldn't buy the full game when they find it is a crappy Console port.

Regards

what would be the point in everyone who`s reads this thread and knows nothing posted that?

i guess most people thought there was a demo out already out going by the title, i tried googling but found nothing, but rest asured if theres is a demo released it would get posted here pretty quick :D

Thanks for your reply...

I edited my original post... to add that bit about 31 people reading it but not leaving a comment... for the simple fact.. that it would be nice to have some sort of reply even if it was... no there wont be or something similar...

But from the impression I get... there just is not going to be any PC demo... awh well..

I think the trend these days is towards not releasing Demos, at least on the PC, many 360 & PS3 games seem to have a Demo. I have a large amount of Cynicism for breakfast every morning which probably explains why I think they don't release PC Demos anymore because people wouldn't buy the full game when they find it is a crappy Console port.

Regards

Most likely... well it would be a good idea if there was... it would then at least help solve any techy issues with the game prior to release... so that they are not rushing out a fix every month or so..... but thats just my thought...

I bought Dirt 2 on the strength of demo... best rally game by far... and Dirt 3 looks like it will be even better...

Thanks for you reply.

Hi all,

It there any likelyhood of a demo of Dirt 3 being made available for the PC prior 2 May 24th release of the game... ie the current Alpha demo that is the Finland Trailblazer stage...?

It would be great... in order to test out different systems around the world..

Just my thoughts... but what I have watched so far is amazing..

Well done CM...

Edit om 17.02.2011 @ 01.48

Mate, next time stick a question mark on the end of the title - I thought the demo was out now!

I hope they dont put too much emphasis on this gymkhana lark. I think its ok for a short blast around, but will get tiresome pretty sharpish.

They should concentrate on proper content and getting rid of those faffy menus of Dirt1 and 2.

We`ll see though eh. F1 2010 showed alot of promise and ended up being slightly disappointing.

Yep, I'd like to see an entire Rally Championship - some chance eh? Don't agree about F1 2010 though - I'm not finding it disappointing. Running on PC though, heavily modded.

eye.jpg

AMD are showing off DiRT 3 on an amazing five screen Eyefinity set up. To celebrate they've given us an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T to give away! All you have to do for your chance to win is like this update and complete the following sentence. "For a chance to play DIRT 3 I would..."

A winner will be chosen on Friday 4...th at 13:00 GMT.
Enter the contest on their Facebook page here

Dear DiRT3 modder & fans,

We have added a brand new database for codemasters DiRT3 where modders can upload their work and share it with the community.

Download mods here
Upload mods here

Every upload mod will have an automated thread created in this subforum for discussion/feedback. Please note: mods are for PC games only.

Important Information

• Use these files at your own risk!
  • Only upload scratch build work or conversions you have written permission from the author
  • Add a proper english description to your upload
  • Add a screenshot to your upload. This is mandatory. Your files may be removed without warning
  • screenshots can have a maximum width of 1024 pixels
  • Do not upload WIP projects
  • Downloads that not match criteria above will be removed
  • Enjoy

Rini Braat the leader of RD Development Team dropped us a message that the team is currently recruiting and ready to mod new upcoming simracing titles in 2011.

rddev.pngRaceDepartment Development is a team of designers that create custom content such as mod packs for F1 2010 The Game. The team was launched on October 2010 and over the past five months we’ve had the pleasure of many loveable and talented members, who’ve created a number of projects with a combined total of 100,000 downloads!

You may know us for such big works as the Season 2009 modpack, or the smaller yet still very much enjoyable, Realistic Tyres, Cameras, Lights/Weather or TrueAI mods – as well as many others.

Currently we are working on a total conversion of F1 2010 to season 2011 and we hope to move on to newer releases in the future such as Dirt 3 and F1 2011 - The Game by Codemasters. We will need a lot more skilled designers to help out creating the mods so we are looking for skilled and experienced individuals who have a passion for racing games and are willing to work hard and of course have lots of fun.

If you would like to join and help, please contact RDDEV via e-mail

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back