DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

Bram Hengeveld;576212 said:
I think Block is a bit overrated. Don't understand why he has such a prominent role in a game named after Colin McRae :)

For sure. Hes a stunt driver. Thats it. Its neato to watch his stunt vids, but as a rally driver, he and DiRT has taken too much of a Mt Dew EEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXTREEEEEEEEEEME direction imo. I still enjoy the racing. I could just do without the included personalities.

To be honest, I dont understand the Ken Block mania either. For sure he's made some sensational short films but as a rally driver his results thus far speak volumes.

I'm guessing few people in Dirt's target audience know who the real talented drivers are, such as Sébastien Loeb.

Cheers.

you know i was watchiing block in the super rally in the x games and he a bad day. in the heat he went early then couldn't get fired and lost a bunch of time then catches back to the pack that lap but the people ahead were holding him up. in the lcq he was dominating untill the last lap where the car just stalled. he looked very fast and could of won.

In the middle of the video the car moves onto a snowy surface so hopefully we will get some nice snow stages to drive this time around. And some of the video also looked like maybe a small Spanish town, kinda reminded of one of the settings from V-Rally on the Playstation all those years ago!

The game will be awesome, and arcade or not, anything that adds to the popularity of racing titles in America is a major plus imho. Personally, I like the fact that rallying has been added to the X-games because it will get a new generation of kids into racing, but as a WRC fan I can understand why many people dislike that fact. The whole Ken Block project is interesting to watch unfold, as he hasn't done *THAT* bad in WRC, he has a lot to learn, but so does Kimi Raikonnen lol. If Ken Block ends up becoming a regular points finisher in 2 years, expect to see a few more Americans in the WRC.

I'm all for anything that helps promote motor sports, and I would love to one day see F1 become popular in America.

bram they didn't say it on the box. they told me that they said it on the website in the readme. why not on the box or during instalation? now i got all this junk because of dirt 2.
bradley does it work and can you see everything. also how new is your laptop version. is it newer meaning around when the game came out or i it newer.

You would know if you could run games on your laptop, as you don't get a gaming laptop by accident, and everyone knows that normal laptops come with crappy graphic chips as a rule. You can get them with awesome performance, but you will know what you are paying for ahead of time, its not Codemasters fault at all, they list the minimum system requirements, and its up to you to understand it.

Austin Jordan;576648 said:
bram they didn't say it on the box. they told me that they said it on the website in the readme. why not on the box or during instalation? now i got all this junk because of dirt 2.
bradley does it work and can you see everything. also how new is your laptop version. is it newer meaning around when the game came out or i it newer.
I got my new laptop in Nov 2009... a month after the game was released. Dell XPS 1640 with the 512MB GeForce 4670 video card... and I believe they are also overclocked slightly. Normal laptops with those integrated cards are total crap. If you want a serious gaming system though, you'd need a desktop. One problem I suffer is overheating... have to use a fan on my lappy all the time or else my system will overheat and lag. :mad:

Last week we saw a video previewing DiRT3, and now Edge magazine has spilt more details.

Snow, ice and dynamic weather changes are on their way, along with what may be a truly great idea, direct uploads of your awesome race to YouTube! And all this on top of what the Sim Racing Tonight boys call the best FFB so far.

With 100 promised routes ready to race on, it seems DiRT 3 will only improve on an already great game.

DiRT3.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back