F1 2014 Codemasters reveal F1 2014 & 2015 plans

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Codemasters have revealed their game for the 2014 Formula One season, along with their plans for 2015.

The 2014 game will contain all the updates you'd expect, like turbocharged V6 engines and the new liveries.The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility.

Codies' creative director Stephen Hood said “There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”

There have also been updates to career and scenario mode, however no details have been leaked. F1 2014 will be released on 17th October (21st in north America) on current generation consoles and PC.

The 2015 Codies F1 title will release early next year, and will have live updates throughout the season to keep the game up to date. It will also only be on PC, Xbox One and PS4. This is all we know right know, no other details have been unveiled.

Forget about intros,
Forget about scripted scenes,
Forget about pit crew animated wheel changes,

Ask the pc community right here if they can contribute in creating in game content that will be welcomed by all,
I know there are moders here that use this site that do a beter job than codemasters,
So why not ask these skinners modders for there help.
The game will be way better and it wont cost you a dam thing.

people keep moaning about the williams but im suprised no ones mentioned the mclaren as if thats the livery they use in game and they keep the mirrored textures it gonna be impossible to make the race version with black sides.

people keep moaning about the williams but im suprised no ones mentioned the mclaren as if thats the livery they use in game and they keep the mirrored textures it gonna be impossible to make the race version with black sides.

Because the williams is more extremly I think...You see from far away that there isn't any red on the williams but the mclaren...you don't see as fast as on the williams that there is something wrong ;)

No Red at all??? I understand fully why Codies have to do this, but it looks sad really. The first modder who gets the Martini sorted will have so many downloads :roflmao:

Yes! :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:roflmao:
f1_2013_2014_08_01_15_54_48_987.jpg

"REFINED HANDLING -Enhanced game physics combine with refined handling via gamepads to deliver a more authentic and accessible driving experience for all players"

I hope the FFB will be improved, but I doubt it. I've learnt to wait 6 weeks and pay less than half price! I'll never pre-order from CM again. I am looking forward to playing it though, hope theirs a demo this time.

Modders will always improve the game, CM should implement some of their work. I don't think CM care anymore they've got the franchise without any official competition. Hope I'm wrong.

Although I doubt it, this video could be some kind of beta release, a teaser for babies... we'll see.
The only teams I've seen in a game that had censoring sponsorships are Renault and Honda. Please tell more teams in a F1 game that had a barcode, a text replacement or some concept design.

Ferrari always had the barcode taken out. McLaren didn't have the Johnnie Walker logo. Force India had Fly Kingfisher replacing Kingfisher Premium because it's an airline, while the latter is alcohol advertisement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back